• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol Megathread

I know tapentadol has an unusual activity profile. It looks like it might be safer (in many ways) than classic opioids or things like tramadol. In the UK it was immediately listed as a Class A drug - the same as morphine, oxycodone and so on. As a result almost no doctors have ever prescribed it, which is a pity.

I know tapentadol has an unusual activity profile. It looks like it might be safer (in many ways) than classic opioids or things like tramadol. In the UK it was immediately listed as a Class A drug - the same as morphine, oxycodone and so on. As a result almost no doctors have ever prescribed it, which is a pity.

Do you think it could be safer than Tramadol because it has lower seizure risk?

mixing it with small doses of xanax prob isn't the smartest, but it's been my jam lately (3 months or so).

like .5mg xanax with 50mg tapentadol. The xanax cleans up that "buzzy" gacked out feeling and really just lets you glide for awhile.

I'm keeping dosing below 250mg tapntadol per day, and also been taking a week or two of total abstinence. I'll pop some soma's a few days after a good run and feeling some WD's & also an occasional Ambien if sleep becomes an issue.

I never drink alcohol or any other illicit street drugs, my supply is blister packs (can't trust anything loose because of fenty)

I never take xanax for more than a week, and if my anxiety becomes to much without it - i take 10mg of valium per day for a few days, then taper down .25 every few days until I reach Zero. I do deal with some rebound anxiety, but through many journal writings and honest self reviews, the anxiety is no worse than before beginning benzos. But a week of zero anxiety willl make it feel 5x worse when it does return, but its actually not.

I am very grateful for cannabis, edibles and smokables help during times of abstinence from tapentadol & benzos, and also compliments them while using. For me the trick is to not let a tolerance build up or become dependent in such a way that I allow a tolerance to build.

It's the strangest of struggles; addiction. It sprouted early within me and will be nearby until the day i die.

I am no racist or prejudiced person, I actually love Indian cultures (and there are many) and have studied the country extensively.
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
But in all seriousness, I've had some strange experiences on tapentadol. Very similarly, i found myself getting impatient one evening and took a couple more. Next thing i knew i was blacking in and out while i had to crawl on hands and knees. Another bizarre sideeffect, (though i think this must be a toxicity thing) was i started to see these sorta spider webs. Not a sporadic hallucination, but a continued vision distortion. This was after taking quite a few (5 or 6 -getd harder to tell) and mixing with drink, xanax, heroin and cocaine.

Last edited:

It is used. Their is even a guide to detoxing patients. I was a surprised as you. I concluded that their is 1 pain clinic somewhere using it.

The CLOSEST drug to tapentadol is picenadol. Tapentadol is an open-ring analogue. It DOES make me wonder if 'tahexadol' would be a reasonable RC.

I am definitely in the same boat as many of you. Been using Tapentadol semi-regularly for about 9ish months now. Does wonders for my back pain and also pretty fun. The comedown comes quick this drug has a short onset with an even shorter duration. A tad bit anxious on the comedown and sweaty af. If I take a little break I can get the nod and the hypnagogic voices back. You know you got some Tapentadol when you catch yourself in a nod talking to yourself. I think I am talking in my head then all of the sudden I catch myself about to answer out loud when theirs no one there. It's just random people from work and shit that I'm talking with. Just a tad bit strange when you realize there is no one that you are talking to lol. I almost always combine with a soma or a benzo of some kind. I've tried taking all different types of antihistamines 1st gen, 2nd gen, even 3rd and I still sweat on the comedowns if the dose is high enough.

I can say for a fact that it helps with my anxiety. Makes me talkative as hell, although I forget my train of thought often which sucks. I keep asking whoever I am talking with "Where was I?" or "I forgot what I was going to say..."

I don't think its too bad of a drug by itself. I do see how people can see it as "dirty" though. My only experience with opioids has been kratom, o-dsmt, and tapentadol. So if you are an opioid enthusiast and have access to other opioids; it probably won't be your first pick. I like em... I have gotten about 350 pills over the past year.

Best wishes to you all!

Last edited:
I am definitely in the same boat as many of you. Been using Tapentadol semi-regularly for about 9ish months now. Does wonders for my back pain and also pretty fun. The comedown comes quick this drug has a short onset with an even shorter duration. A tad bit anxious on the comedown and sweaty af. If I take a little break I can get the nod and the hypnagogic voices back. You know you got some Tapentadol when you catch yourself in a nod talking to yourself. I think I am talking in my head then all of the sudden I catch myself about to answer out loud when theirs no one there. It's just random people from work and shit that I'm talking with. Just a tad bit strange when you realize there is no one that you are talking to lol. I almost always combine with a soma or a benzo of some kind. I've tried taking all different types of antihistamines 1st gen, 2nd gen, even 3rd and I still sweat on the comedowns if the dose is high enough.

I can say for a fact that it helps with my anxiety. Makes me talkative as hell, although I forget my train of thought often which sucks. I keep asking whoever I am talking with "Where was I?" or "I forgot what I was going to say..."

I don't think its too bad of a drug by itself. I do see how people can see it as "dirty" though. My only experience with opioids has been kratom, o-dsmt, and tapentadol. So if you are an opioid enthusiast and have access to other opioids; it probably won't be your first pick. I like em... I have gotten about 350 pills over the past year.

Best wishes to you all!

What would be a high dose of Tapentadol for you?

The short duration of Tap is frustrating because I want it to last longer, so then the temptation is redose and redose, building up tolerance

What would be a high dose of Tapentadol for you?

The short duration of Tap is frustrating because I want it to last longer, so then the temptation is redose and redose, building up tolerance
That's a tough one. I have gone as high as 400mg in one go. But like you said tolerance with this one is strong. I did 300 mg Tapentadol with some Bromazolam (4mg) and with some questionable quality soma (1000mg) and I was nodding like a mf.

I suspect that this latest batch of soma is either really underdosed or I have some sort of tolerance to it already. The last India pharma Carisoprodol I got was 350mg and I felt that, but this 500mg Pain-O-Soma feels like water unless you taking like 4 to 8 of them which feels crazy to me.

I mostly just sick to 200mg of the Tapentadol, beyond that I get diminishing positive returns and the beginning of more side effects. I like to potentiate the Tapentadol by combining it with either Baclofen, pregabalin, or most often with benzos.

I agree, it doesn't last nearly as long as I would like. Sometimes I redose towards the comedown, but it is always underwhelming. I normally avoid redosing the Tapentadol and instead take a different downer.

When I had some Clonazepam that was the shit combined with Tapentadol. Just 2mg when do me in. Also tried mixing Tapentadol with 10mg Diazepam and wasn't as impressed as with the Clonazepam.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
Had an absurd amount of these recently. If someone is coming at it from an *i've tried percocet/oxy perspective* I think it will be just as good/bad. Its the exact same thing with a slightly different buzz. The painkiller effects are just as efficient.

WARNING: I'm sure its been said before but haven't checked the thread, if you exceed over 600 mgs in a day there is toxic effects on the liver/heart. That is the difference between this an oxycodone. There is a toxicity to the liver post 6 tablets in a day (assuming the tablets are 100 mgs each). Its very efficient, but just as addicting as any commonly abused opioid if not more.

Objectively, an unfortunate side effect is brain fog. You forget what you were thinking multiple times a day. It kind of does effect your daily life lmao

Had an absurd amount of these recently. If someone is coming at it from an *i've tried percocet/oxy perspective* I think it will be just as good/bad. Its the exact same thing with a slightly different buzz. The painkiller effects are just as efficient.

WARNING: I'm sure its been said before but haven't checked the thread, if you exceed over 600 mgs in a day there is toxic effects on the liver/heart. That is the difference between this an oxycodone. There is a toxicity to the liver post 6 tablets in a day (assuming the tablets are 100 mgs each). Its very efficient, but just as addicting as any commonly abused opioid if not more.

Objectively, an unfortunate side effect is brain fog. You forget what you were thinking multiple times a day. It kind of does effect your daily life lmao

Where did you hear about the toxic liver effects of Tapentadol? Do you have a link?

That is quite worrying

I would like to learn about this also and would appreciate a link. That would, indeed, be quite worrying.
Also interested in this. I recently had a blood test that showed elevated AST and ALT which are liver enzymes. To note, I'm in my twenties, drink alcohol very infrequently, and have no family history of liver issues. I have been taking benzos, tapentadol, and carisoprodol almost daily since September of last year.

Where did you hear about the toxic liver effects of Tapentadol? Do you have a link?

That is quite worrying

Indeed let me find you the data! its not super concerning unless you are regularly and long-term using tapentadol in amounts like it daily.

Okay--a lot of it is still being recorded so i'm sorry if the links aren't confirming my claim initially as much as I had hoped. I think that I am accurate bc the source who told me was very informed about tapentadol. If I spread misinformation I apologize. I think my claim is definitely at least worth confirming for the sake of users here who intend to use tapentadol regularly for chronic pain or opiate addiction for fun.

Last edited:
Indeed let me find you the data! its not super concerning unless you are regularly and long-term using tapentadol in amounts like it daily.

Okay--a lot of it is still being recorded so i'm sorry if the links aren't confirming my claim initially as much as I had hoped. I think that I am accurate bc the source who told me was very informed about tapentadol. If I spread misinformation I apologize. I think my claim is definitely at least worth confirming for the sake of users here who intend to use tapentadol regularly for chronic pain or opiate addiction for fun.
I apprechiate you sharing this information. As it may result in a modification of some of my habits. Not trying to damage any of my organs. Always gotta remain vigilant. They scheduled a follow up because of the high levels so I will see them again soon for more blood work. If it is still elevated/high. May have to scale back my use... The problem is that my back pain is excruciating without the Tapentadol. Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen have no effect on my back pain. Doctor prescribed me some Baclofen, but I have barely used any of it. Might try it after I exhaust my supply of Tapentadol.

Best wishes and I will read those articles here at some point.

I apprechiate you sharing this information. As it may result in a modification of some of my habits. Not trying to damage any of my organs. Always gotta remain vigilant. They scheduled a follow up because of the high levels so I will see them again soon for more blood work. If it is still elevated/high. May have to scale back my use... The problem is that my back pain is excruciating without the Tapentadol. Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen have no effect on my back pain. Doctor prescribed me some Baclofen, but I have barely used any of it. Might try it after I exhaust my supply of Tapentadol.

Best wishes and I will read those articles here at some point.

To be honest if you've got legitimate chronic pain and none of the other outlets are working, I mean the side effects are whatever if you can't even get out of bed. I know tapentadol is still prescribed in the US, but for some reason it was kind of abandoned. Probably because there's more money made off generic opioids like oxy/morphine so we don't really know the effects of tapentadol on the body long term.

Its just hearsay but I've heard past 600 mg there are toxic effects in the liver.

To be honest if you've got legitimate chronic pain and none of the other outlets are working, I mean the side effects are whatever if you can't even get out of bed. I know tapentadol is still prescribed in the US, but for some reason it was kind of abandoned. Probably because there's more money made off generic opioids like oxy/morphine so we don't really know the effects of tapentadol on the body long term.

Its just hearsay but I've heard past 600 mg there are toxic effects in the liver.
Yeah, in the US it's schedule 2 and I think I only saw it once in three years. It was brand name only it was the Nuctyna ER formulation. I've never seen the IR in the pharmacy, but that's all I got. Works great for the pain that I have in my back.

Tried Tapentadol for the first time last night so thought I'd add my feelings on it!

Some background, I have opiate experience with: codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, O desmethyltramadol, AH7921, Heroin, morphine (once in hospital), oxycodone (didn't do much as didnt have enough)

I am a regular codeine/DHC user as in once or twice a week and have a tolerance (require around 900-1000mg of assorted codeine and DHC to get to a good place)

Tapentadol was mentioned to me the other day so thought I'd give it a whirl given how expensive codeine is becoming to maintain. Got a strip of 10x 100mg tablets.

Dropped 150mg on an empty stomach and a couple of beers. Felt a small buzz developing after about 30-40 mins. I would try to compare it to Tramadol but it has been over a decade since I've taken tramadol and honestly it wasn't memorable enough for me to say. Standard low dose opiate warmth, felt a little light

Dropped another 50mg with another beer about an hour in and the mild buzz became mild/moderate. Still nothing major. Was kindof regretting not going with codeine for the evening so dropped 200mg of codeine

Over the next hour the buzz developed into something quite pleasant and over the next few hours I dropped another 100mg in 50mg increments. I did not get any of the delirious effects or any particularly stimulated NRI effects. Just a nice even euphoria and general good feeling. It did however come in waves sometimes with some flatter periods. I never quite achieved the warm euphoric glow I generally get from codeine but it still felt good.

I slept easily and very deeply after (weirdly i had a dream that I was delirious and talking to myself at a pharmacy counter but I think this is because I'd read so many reports of people becoming weird on this substance)

Either way it was generally positive but nothing mindblowing. One note I will make is that I was not planning at all to take over 200mg of this but it is quite compulsive. Those "flatter" phases combined with the "never quite overwhelming" low level euphoria triggered a desire to get more fucked up which I imagine could be dangerous

Cheers
Guy

Tried Tapentadol for the first time last night so thought I'd add my feelings on it!

Some background, I have opiate experience with: codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, O desmethyltramadol, AH7921, Heroin, morphine (once in hospital), oxycodone (didn't do much as didnt have enough)

I am a regular codeine/DHC user as in once or twice a week and have a tolerance (require around 900-1000mg of assorted codeine and DHC to get to a good place)

Tapentadol was mentioned to me the other day so thought I'd give it a whirl given how expensive codeine is becoming to maintain. Got a strip of 10x 100mg tablets.

Dropped 150mg on an empty stomach and a couple of beers. Felt a small buzz developing after about 30-40 mins. I would try to compare it to Tramadol but it has been over a decade since I've taken tramadol and honestly it wasn't memorable enough for me to say. Standard low dose opiate warmth, felt a little light

Dropped another 50mg with another beer about an hour in and the mild buzz became mild/moderate. Still nothing major. Was kindof regretting not going with codeine for the evening so dropped 200mg of codeine

Over the next hour the buzz developed into something quite pleasant and over the next few hours I dropped another 100mg in 50mg increments. I did not get any of the delirious effects or any particularly stimulated NRI effects. Just a nice even euphoria and general good feeling. It did however come in waves sometimes with some flatter periods. I never quite achieved the warm euphoric glow I generally get from codeine but it still felt good.

I slept easily and very deeply after (weirdly i had a dream that I was delirious and talking to myself at a pharmacy counter but I think this is because I'd read so many reports of people becoming weird on this substance)

Either way it was generally positive but nothing mindblowing. One note I will make is that I was not planning at all to take over 200mg of this but it is quite compulsive. Those "flatter" phases combined with the "never quite overwhelming" low level euphoria triggered a desire to get more fucked up which I imagine could be dangerous

Cheers
Guy

Its good right? You need to get used to it.. after maybe 2-3 days the brain can't really distinguish much of a difference between tapentadol and oxycodone. I don't meant this as, "People should illegally immediately order tapentadol to replace their opioid addiction." I'm withdrawing from a huge supply of taps and the withdrawal is mentally a bit worse than oxycodone. I have no physical symptoms but mentally my ability to enjoy anything as of late is fried. Its almost up though. Just think the withdrawal is mentally worse from personal experience than the physical symptoms. Its been hard to deal with coming off of a giant relapse spree but it started to reach the point where I couldn't enjoy anything unless it was on a redose. So lose-lose between a rock and a hard place scenario. I'm glad I got off it after 2 weeks of daily use. Once you get used to it, I find tapentadol to be highly addictive. I'm sure people here will always prefer oxy/heroin over alternative opioids, but it can be just as good until your tolerance reaches that point where no amount of taps does the trick.

Its good right? You need to get used to it.. after maybe 2-3 days the brain can't really distinguish much of a difference between tapentadol and oxycodone. I don't meant this as, "People should illegally immediately order tapentadol to replace their opioid addiction." I'm withdrawing from a huge supply of taps and the withdrawal is mentally a bit worse than oxycodone. I have no physical symptoms but mentally my ability to enjoy anything as of late is fried. Its almost up though. Just think the withdrawal is mentally worse from personal experience than the physical symptoms. Its been hard to deal with coming off of a giant relapse spree but it started to reach the point where I couldn't enjoy anything unless it was on a redose. So lose-lose between a rock and a hard place scenario. I'm glad I got off it after 2 weeks of daily use. Once you get used to it, I find tapentadol to be highly addictive. I'm sure people here will always prefer oxy/heroin over alternative opioids, but it can be just as good until your tolerance reaches that point where no amount of taps does the trick.
I would say it was "nice" but not great. However I would agree that it is one I might have to learn to use..for instance next time I'd probably jump in with 200mg straight away as the whole chasing thing was annoying. I think my codeine tolerance/my brain wanting codeine may have also ruined it slightly. Can imagine it'll be more fun next time now I know what to expect and what my dose/response feels like. New opiate dosing and redosing is always a fiddly game especially when you have cross tolerance with something else. Unlikely to get it right straight away