• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Talking to parents on LSD?

I'd personally be alright with hanging around sober people 8 hours into an acid trip. I've gone to meet up with friends whilst on acid and them being absolutely surprised if I mentioned to them half an hour later I was tripping. That said, everyone reacts differently and I'd not be comfortable going to meet my mother for a dinner date if I'd taken acid earlier that day. My mum is excellent at detecting when there is something off about my behaviour though... I'd also not like the mindset going to the acid trip knowing I'd have to pretend to be sober later, excellent way to start of with anxious thoughts and steer the trip in a bad direction. Keep the tabs for a sunny worry free day instead. It'll be worth it a 100x more!

If you want to respect the drug and the experience, plan it when she has nothing to do for a day or more.
It is very worth saving until she can make the time.
For me, the knowledge that I had to act sober at some point during the trip could - easily - ruin the entire experience.
And, no matter what drugs you plan to offer her, there is no way you can know now that she will or won't look or act okay.
You can't know how high she will get from the acid.
It could last 12 hours, if she is sensitive and takes a large dose, like a strong tab.

You asked for advice.
Here is some from someone with over 100 psychedelic experiences over 25 years: abandon this foolish plan and wait until you can really experience the drug without worrying.

LSD has a way of making outside influences confusing and overblown even when you think the trip has ended.

I remember once, when all of the physical effects of the dose had faded away, becoming very upset by some misconstrued communication via text messaging. When the confusion was cleared up, I had to remind myself that I was still on some kind of trip. I had been uncontrollably led astray by some very simple information, and there was nothing that seemed "psychedelic" about it.

You may want to consider this phenomenon.

It sounds like your heart is set on this idea even if it fucks your trip...and even though everybody has told you it's not a good idea

Sooooo, FUCK IT just eat the shit right before you see your parents and trip balls...

Yeah, nothing worse than tripping balls and having to speak to the principal. Especially when your kids are tired and just want you to drive them home for afternoon tea.

i was generally pretty good at it. but there was one time when i was sitting in autocad class peaking my tits off on microdots and shit just got weird....i got up, left, barfed in the bathroom and ran to my car and stole a 12 pack of beer from the gas station and drank it in the woods.

but i have countless stories of coming home losing my face and having to talk to my parents, though. that shit happened pretty much weekly. i'm a god damn acid casualty.

I didn't have any problems talking to my mother on LSD she asked if I was on drugs because I was giggling and smiling so much but I just denied it and continued the conversation and it went fine. It's certainly easier to hide it on LSD than on a lot of other psychedelics, but I wouldn't risk it if it's your first time. Always get familiar with a psychedelic before you try it in a setting that may not be ideal (or avoid such settings entirely). :)

Parents are easy to fool. They'll blame hip hop or cartoons before they suspect drugs. I went to an all blacks game on half a tab with my old man. I just needed to keep buying him beers because I felt he needed to catch up

Wives on the other hand know their shit and get pissed if you dont give them the heads up

Honey why aren't you eating your dinner

Why are you giggling so much

What's wrong with your eyes

Yeah, no

Last time I did LSD (or whatever the hell was on that blotter, I was told it was LSD anyway) my pupils were dilating and contracting like crazy. People knew I was fucked up even though I was able to carry on conversations pretty well (better than on psilocybin anyway). I would never be in a family-type environment when I was like that, holy shit

Personally I think this is a super bad idea. First time acid trip, even at a low dose, is unpredictable enough without being colored by the knowledge she has to be responsible for something while she will still be fairly high.

For someone experience with LSD (10+trips) this wouldn't be as daunting, but even with hundreds of trips under my belt I prefer to clear my calendar for the entire day after I trip so I can enjoy my afterglow.

im usually pretty good at talking to people on lsd except if im sitting in a chair ill just start dipping my whole body in one direction without even realizing it until my head is at almost a 90 degree angle and its usually in an attempt to get comfortable I guess but I just keep talking

The most interesting interaction I can recall was when I came home post-rave still tripping balls after dosing...whatever amount of psych drugs I had ingested that night. I was sitting on the stoop of the front porch watching the sun rise because it was so goddamn beautiful. Mind you it was about 40 degrees F out and I was just wearing a fluffy hat, mesh shirt, and pair of kicks.

Dad walked out, looked at me like I had lost my mind, told me to keep it together and left for work.

He was used to that sort of shit though, my parents were drug addicts themselves and never said a damn thing, due to what they admit they knew would be hypocrisy....

I knew I could get away with that sort of shit though, and throwing massive parties, and them walking in on some passed out disco biscuits in the living room and shit, but....

This isn't the situation here! I've had friends who got caught tripping and their parents made them do like fuckin yard work and shit all day and then took em to church, and seriously, they were traumatized!

... their parents made them do like fuckin yard work and shit all day and then took em to church, and seriously, they were traumatized!
Really? They were traumatized from yard work and church because they were on acid?