• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking methylone weekly with no side effects. Why stop?

Sapphires

Greenlighter
The purpose of this thread is for harm reduction and discussion on potential problems. I read both the Psychedelic and Ecstasy forums often and Methylone threads pop up in both so I decided to place it here. If a mod would find it better in another forum, please move it. Please don't put this in the big and dandy methylone thread!

For about 2 months now I've been taking Methylone once a week (and 4 months before that I spaced out every 14 days)

I have developed no tolerance, and I never go over 270mg in a session. I never redose as I think it's a waste and encourages negative effects.

I did a lot of searching on the forum and the internet to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me and although I found a few people who took methylone daily for long periods of time (also with no negative effects) I can't find too many people mentioning how long term use effects them. I never have a hangover the day after, in fact it's always an afterglow. Despite some lethargy if I work too hard the day after, there's no physical drain or lack of energy and the appetite suppressing effects have disappeared months ago. There's just no negative effects...

So my question to bluelight is, why stop?

I take harm reduction seriously (especially since a bad experience with 2ci) and did lots of research on methylone before trying it. I preload 5-HTP and take some the day after as well. I take a multivitamin every day and whenever I roll on methylone I force myself to drink at least 2 bottles of water to combat the loss of water and prevent dehydration before falling asleep.

Is this just simply a safe drug at even a weekly dose? I know that this would be impossible for MDMA as it relies on Serotonin for it's effects but I've read that Methylone only acts on serotonin uptake at 1/3 what MDMA does and Methylone relies on more on Dopamine. I also think weekly use would be impossible for Mephedrone as your heart would eventually explode and your dick would fall off (joke). As far as potential neurotoxicity goes, I haven't noticed any changes in my memory, cognitive ability, or anything else. If anything, methylone has helped my mental stability and personality by being more empathetic towards people and being more honest. I find that drinking alcohol feels more poisonous than Methylone.

As Methylone is now illegal in my area, I won't be able to purchase any more once my supply is out. I have 12 grams which at my current rate would last almost another whole year.

Would this be considered an 'addiction' if I can function without Methylone just fine?

Has anyone experienced or heard of negative effects from weekly or more frequent Methylone use?

Any opinions or advice is welcome, that's why I made this thread.

It's an interesting question, because bk-MDMA has significantly less of an impact on serotonin levels, but it still does release some of it, therefore potentially damaging your receptors on a weekly basis.

I find with MDMA once you notice a problem it's already too late- better to stop while you are ahead, but thats just my suggestion.

If all you have is 12 grams left, why don't you save them and space the experiences out more? Now that this is an illegal substance, you are going to be hard pressed to find methylone of the quality you have for a reasonable price,not to mention the dangers involved in acquiring something illegal.

sorry mods but could we move this to maybe ADD or BDD?
i know im not a mod but IMHO there shouldnt be threads like this in ED.
MDMA is Ecstasy, which is what EcstasyDiscussion is all about. Methylone on the other hand, isnt.

Well you may not notice any effects now, but after an entire year of doing it weekly may cause some problems. With any drug, I would say it is best not to use it too frequently, but the choice is yours.

We accept bk-MDMA as a related chemical to MDMA, and allow it's discussion here. There are many RC's we filter out as they are chemically far removed from MDMA and the effects are debatable. I am happy to keep this here unless the other mods disagree.

sorry mods but could we move this to maybe ADD or BDD?
i know im not a mod but IMHO there shouldnt be threads like this in ED.
MDMA is Ecstasy, which is what EcstasyDiscussion is all about. Methylone on the other hand, isnt.

Why? Bk-mdma is very similar, and as an experienced roller, I have noticed that it gives a very similar, if not a shorter lived, roll.
Methylone wouldn't fit in any other sections. It fits here.

Why? Bk-mdma is very similar, and as an experienced roller, I have noticed that it gives a very similar, if not a shorter lived, roll.
Methylone wouldn't fit in any other sections. It fits here.

*sigh*

Please read when that was posted...

bump - OP any long term effects?

Last dose was April 2012, after ~20 grams of total use there are no long term effects. The only possible negative effect was a swollen left salivary gland (lima bean sized bump under the tongue) which both doctors and oral surgeons are baffled by but say is completely harmless. Reading into it myself, I believe it was the result of an autoimmune attack. MDMA and related drugs frequently causes flare ups for people with autoimmune disorders (Sjögren’s syndrome with regards to salivary glands) though it may be completely related to the methylone altogether! There was no withdrawal stopping and no apparent long term cognitive damage, although I certainly miss this magical chemical very very much.

I'm surprised to see such an old thread bumped and won't be surprised if it gets locked for gravedigging. If anyone has any more questions related to long-term use, feel free to PM.

I find this rahter interesting and would be interested in hearing more about this my self.. There seems to be limited information on this topic in the world over all..

Well its simple. Since it does have an effect n Serotonin, although to a lesser degree, all it means is that it will break you and your brain within an extended period of time (compared to MDMA) that is proportional to the level of reduced effect on Serotonin. Since it does still impact Serotonin the issues with weekly usage and the problem with the recovery of Serotonin is still valid, even if the effect is reduced, it will still catch up to you, perhaps in a longer period of time. Dont doubt that fact.

So yeah just dont do it or do it for a month or two and then skip a month or two or something if you need to do it. You dont want to be wrecked for 9 years of life fucking anxiety and related shit like i got with less then 7 months of only weekly MDMA usage.

Im not being a naysayer and im all for regular dopamine stims for sure, but this is the problem with Serotonin drugs and its a damn shame cause we all love the stuff. I would take it all the time if i could.

If you want to do something weekly, do coke or even meth. Stick with dopamine, he is a much more forgiving master, much more friendly then Serotonin. Not recommending those stims just saying for comparative purposes, IMO you would prob be far far better off mental health and life wise picking up a weekend meth habit then you would playing with Serotonin on a weekly basis, and that says something.

I have been doing coke regularly for 8 years after stopping MDMA and recently lots of meth and its never causes any issues with mental health, never even added to or increased my MDMA caused anxiety even in the smallest degree. No negatives in that respect compared to a tiny time of MDMA usage. Rather abuse those instead of SRI stuff seriously.

Yeah, i also felt fine, perfect, great, no issues for those few months until suddenly i broke. They are no warning signs. When you feel something beyond the norm, feel its maybe a problem, your fucked. Learn from our mistakes. I wish i knew of this forum then and could of done the same.

Anyways not trying to be all negative, its just that when you experience the likely problems that come after you want to shake every user and scream at them to heed the warnings lol. I would not wish years of no sleep and staring out my bedroom window every night for hours convinced people where coming to kill me, on my worst enemy. Believing i was going to die, every day for years and not being able to do anything about it. Its hell and not worth some fun drug sessions.

Oh man and thats why a drug like mephedrone terrifies me. I agree it does sound like the most awesome drug experience wize in terms of the effects and combos of mechanisms (never tried it). But a drug with dopamine type stim effects that people binge on for extended periods, even days, and take regularly that also has strong Serotonin action is a fucking recepie for disaster. An evil abomination. Forget meth and Heroin. This shit makes them look like pussies.

I dont want to think about what its doing to users, people are going to be totally wrecked, mentally destroyed after their short time with this one. After what i got from pretty mild weekly MDMA usage i dont want to know what meph would do in comparison.

I dont know why there isnt more negativity about this one, even among responsible knowledgeable users. Not sure, maybe im missing something and its risks are less harsh for some reason but i doubt it.

It's funny, everyone from the states complains that everything sold is methylone. I can't find anything but mdma where I'm from, methylone is pretty much nonexistent here. Had one source with a bunch of e pills which were a high dose of methylone but she went through em pretty quick.

Oh man and thats why a drug like mephedrone terrifies me. I agree it does sound like the most awesome drug experience wize in terms of the effects and combos of mechanisms (never tried it). But a drug with dopamine type stim effects that people binge on for extended periods, even days, and take regularly that also has strong Serotonin action is a fucking recepie for disaster. An evil abomination. Forget meth and Heroin. This shit makes them look like pussies.

I dont want to think about what its doing to users, people are going to be totally wrecked, mentally destroyed after their short time with this one. After what i got from pretty mild weekly MDMA usage i dont want to know what meph would do in comparison.

I dont know why there isnt more negativity about this one, even among responsible knowledgeable users. Not sure, maybe im missing something and its risks are less harsh for some reason but i doubt it.

I'm from the UK and I've got a lot of friends who binged heavily on drone for years. After a few weeks of abstinence they all seem fine. MDMA seems to be worse for you mentally than mephedrone by far.

Op you have such a flawed way of thinking. Although methylone is much less neuro toxic than MDMA it doesn't mean it isn't hurting your brain. Just because you don't feel negative side effects in your sober time doesn't mean it isn't happening. When people smoke cigarettes they feel like nothing bad is happening to them, until 10-15 years later when they start coughing more often running out of breath and so on.

Keep rolling on methylone all the time, soon enough you'll feel something bad.

Also i definitely agree with blight. Coke and meth are much better options than rolling every week. If you can manage not getting addicted to them, they will be much less harmful on your brain when used on a regular basis. That's why i often laugh at people who roll often ,and think meth is a completely mutated devils drug. Little do they know , if you don't get hooked on meth E is doing lots more damage to your brain.

I agree, its best to avoid it especially having dealt with the hell it can cause. I think you mistakenly typed meth a few times instead of meph. Just maybe fix this to avoid confusion since meth is in fact magical awesomeness that only knows happiness and good times and wants only good things for you. A true friend and trusted ally in my life. Nothing like that demonic meph stuff at all.

Keep rolling on methylone all the time, soon enough you'll feel something bad.

To be fair, methylone is probably a much safer "repeated" roll than MDMA. Much less potent at releasing serotonin. In fact its dopamine push does prompt some to binge just like the meth and coke you mention.

Methylone is so new, I can't point to a whole lot of hard data. I don't like taking chances on this type of thing personally. The only thing I think is pretty definite is that MDMA is much more neurotoxic than methylone.

iv being using methylone every weekend for 1-2 days. in this time i usually go through a few grams. i could go through a gram in about 12 hours very easy by either bombing,snorting or plugging. i don't like bombing much. and snorting is a waste of drugs and your nose. plugging is really amazing. similar to shooting up but without the rush. i usually take about 2-400 mg, route dependent and by the end of the night i could be doing that every couple of hours. i shot up methylone last week. iv being using it every day for 6 days now. im taking a break for 2 days then having some for a day then having a much longer break. injecting it is amazing, to amazing. like no other drug. i would recommend staying away from iv'ing this drug. because you will become addicted. i inject about 200 for a dose. after going on a binge. the frequency of the time you need to re-dose gets shorter and doses larger. il be shooting up every 30 minutes by the end of a few day binge, because by that point the rush is the only nice part. don't recommend anyone doing what im doing. it's likely to fuck my brain. just sharing this for education and information purposes

Fear of the unknown is the problem here. I know of no long term studies regarding methylone.

Its hard to judge how dangerous any individual dose of "methylone" is. I doubt u r producing pure methylone yourself. So, u have a relatively unknown drug and u r trying to figure out how SAFE it is... its not safe. For many reasons. With so much unknown and little history of use...I would classify methylone use more dangerous than heroin or cocaine or Meth. I fear that u r trying to minimize the risks.
I had an IV methylone habit for about 6 months. What I found most frightening was how freakish powerful it was. If I wasn't careful I wanted to fix every 8 min. I never fooled myself about safety ... at that point I was simply willing to trade any amount of danger for pleasure. Are u willing to do the same