View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking lsd at night

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
If do a low dose, like 110ug max, at around 8pm would it be possible to kill the trip enough to get to sleep by around 2am with benzos and OTC sleep aids like dph and melatonin? I will likely be drinking earlier in the evening too but I'll make sure it wears off before taking benzos.

Hahahahah... nope. 2am would be around the peak period of your trip still dude. Killing a trip at that point would be both difficult and wasteful.

Yeah, absolutely not. Why would you want to do this? You'll spend the whole trip worrying about whether or not you'll be able to sleep, then you won't be able to sleep, and whatever you've got going on the next day will be a disaster.

what is tripping at night like btw? only ever done it in the day

It's a noticeably darker experience ;) (sorry, couldn't resist :p)

morphine-dreams - Similar to what Clocktower said, it just adds an unnecessary niggle in the back of your mind. If I were you I would save it for when you have the time to put aside to enjoy the full experience. I've had to, very begrudgingly, abort a trip during the peak due to unforeseen circumstances. I had to use a rather high dose of clonazolam. It was quite an uncomfortable feeling to have the clonazolam fight it out against the acid and, despite the high dose of clonazolam, it took quite a while for the clonazolam to win. Anytime my body would go to sleep, my brain would zap me right back awake again which lead to a great deal of confusion every time I snapped out of it.

You are your own master, but part of getting a proper set & setting is making every effort to ensure you have the time to experience the full effects of the drug.

Enjoy, whatever you do <3

Alright, I was just wondering because it's my friends birthday and we wanted to drop some acid but won't be able to until later. I'll just do it some other time though, it's not a big deal. Usually my acid trips last well into the night anyway even though it's mostly just visuals at that point, but I've never really used benzos to kill a trip closer to the middle so I wasn't sure if it'd work. I'm pretty comfortable with acid, but I don't do really high doses of benzos anymore because I always black out. I'll just save my acid for another time and trip harder outside during the day, it's always best that way for me. Thanks for all the replies :)

Why not just stay up all night tripping?

Personally I love psychedelics at night. Not quite sure why -- perhaps certain physiological factors wax and wane with circadian rhythms -- but my mind seems more open to the effects of psychedelics at night, and I get less body-load.

My sleep schedule is really touchy and I've already kind of been pushing it so I don't want to fuck it up more. I do love staying up all night tripping, just not too often.

Just like daytime only later.
Seriously though, for me, night tripping has less visual qualities to it as well as by the time I'm peaking I have been up for 12-16 hours and am already half spent.
I prefer to get up nice and early, eat breakfast, take a nap, eat lunch and drop a tab then. That way I am peaking around dusk which is my favorite time to trip what with the long shadows and then sunset...awesome.

Just like daytime only later.
Seriously though, for me, night tripping has less visual qualities to it as well as by the time I'm peaking I have been up for 12-16 hours and am already half spent.
I prefer to get up nice and early, eat breakfast, take a nap, eat lunch and drop a tab then. That way I am peaking around dusk which is my favorite time to trip what with the long shadows and then sunset...awesome.
If night tripping has less visual qualities for you, then you're not taking enough. In the darkness, you will get more visual effects. You can see fractals with your eyes open, if you take enough, while at daytime, you will only get visual distortions, morphing, strobing, etc. Only in the darkness, will you get to see the fireworks.

If night tripping has less visual qualities for you, then you're not taking enough. In the darkness, you will get more visual effects. You can see fractals with your eyes open, if you take enough, while at daytime, you will only get visual distortions, morphing, strobing, etc. Only in the darkness, will you get to see the fireworks.

If you don't see fractals with your eyes open during the day, you're not taking enough ;)

Why not just stay up all night tripping?

Personally I love psychedelics at night. Not quite sure why -- perhaps certain physiological factors wax and wane with circadian rhythms -- but my mind seems more open to the effects of psychedelics at night, and I get less body-load.

Up until recently I always tripped at night but more recently I've gone a few times during the day, (I have to lay off pain meds and it is better sleeping through that) for the most part its not as good - there are too many distractions and the trip never gets beyond the mundane moving a bit. At night it seems to be better I get a lot more metaphysical and generally enjoy it more. However sometimes sitting back in the sun having a nice coffee and joint with a lysergamide running through my head is very nice indeed.

"Not taking enough???!!!
Dude, please...I won't go "dick measuring" here, but if we were you could just call me Johnny Wad.
Sorry for the off-topic post, but DAMN, this dude needs to read some of my early post when I was going through my IM DMT phase.
The nice thing about day tripping is that IF you want the dark for CEV's...and I often do...put a towel of some such thing over your eyes and, guess what, Dracarys, IT'S F'n DARK!!!...that way you don't have to take so much. ;)

Last edited:
I've never had to abort a trip and from what I read is you should only ever abort as a last resort. If things are getting seriously out of hand or your environment suddenly changes or you need to go somewhere or do something or it's not right for you to be so out of your mind anymore but for the purpose of getting some sleep? To me that's like wanting to get drunk but not get the hangover. You shouldn't want to abort an acid trip just because you can't sleep because A) YOU decided to take acid in the first place B) You should be well aware that your trip will last a good 8 hours and C) I'm guessing you've taken LSD before and so you should know what to expect.

I'd either take it or not take it at all and leave it for a day when I have plenty of time :)
Although I did trip at night before on 180ug and it was pleasant and calming although during the peak and when my friend went to bed I was sorta forced into my bedroom (we lived in a shared house so didn't feel it necessary to sit in the living room alone and my friends parents lived in the same house and they were your 'anti-drug' fanatics so couldn't of imagined a worst scenario to encounter on an LSD trip). I went to my room and I have to say, the enjoyment of the trip was massively reduced. I was just led staring at the ceiling for hours until at least 6AM and I took the blotter at about 10PM. I couldn't sleep and it was even harder to sleep when I tried to sleep by forcing my eyes to shut because they weren't having any of it! Boom! Eyes wide open focused on nothingness and darkness. Was kinda bleak to be honest with you.

It's all about set and setting. It cannot be emphasized enough. I'm no trip expert. I've only taken LSD three times in my life so far and at varying doses (180ug x1,360ug x2) and I've learned a lot from the experiences I've had and what I've learned especially when talking about taking LSD at night is this, don't do it. Unless you are huddled round a campfire and out camping under the stars or have some arranged environment to be in to take in your night time surroundings and to stop you zoning out and getting annoyed about not falling to sleep then it's not worth it in my opinion. LSD is not the drug for that. LSD is to be used to blow your mind in the most beautiful and weirdest of ways - it's not to be used clawing at yourself to sleep or having a time limit upon you needing to be in a different state of mind. Lucy will wear off when she wears off. If you don't have time for Lucy then don't make time for her.

Just my two cents.

Lol its all good, I still haven't even dropped any of the acid I have and the party has long since passed. I know very well how mind blowing lsd can be, that's why I was only considering half, maybe a whole tab, but probably not even. That's barely a real trip for me, 300+ is where the magic is at for me and I always set entire days aside for that. I love the mind blowingly beautiful hyperspace a strong dose of acid can take you to, it's probably my favorite thing about it. 1,360ug dude?? That sounds incredible. If you wrote a trip report, I'm actually really interested in reading it. My goal is to do a 10 strip or maybe even more one day, but I feel like I have to work my way up to it. Next time I trip I'm going to start off with 440ug but I might end up doing my other two tabs (both 110) depending on how it goes. I definitely won't try to sleep on it either ;)

Oh.... not 1360ug haha
I meant to say I've done 180ug once but I think the x1 is too close to the 360 so it looks like 1360!
That would be a very high dose, I can't even imagine the effects as the highest I've ever gone was 360ug or at least that was 180ug x2....

360 was way powerful for me, it blew my mind completely and was an amazing experience I won't ever forget unless I forget what happened specifically but not what the trip felt like or the amount of amazement and awe and wonder I got from it. Either way, it was epic. 400ug is a strong dose! Good luck! :)

but I've never really used benzos to kill a trip closer to the middle so I wasn't sure if it'd work. I'm pretty comfortable with acid, but I don't do really high doses of benzos anymore because I always black out. :)

i took 300 mics last night at 10pm and had an amazing experience. dont wanna get into what went on, but at 4:00am i took 1.5 mg of k pins and was able to fall asleep at 5. so maybe at a smaller dosage, dosing a bit earlier, and timed benzos you can pull it off. a better time for falling asleep would probably be 3-3:30

"Not taking enough???!!!
Dude, please...I won't go "dick measuring" here, but if we were you could just call me Johnny Wad.
Sorry for the off-topic post, but DAMN, this dude needs to read some of my early post when I was going through my IM DMT phase.
The nice thing about day tripping is that IF you want the dark for CEV's...and I often do...put a towel of some such thing over your eyes and, guess what, Dracarys, IT'S F'n DARK!!!...that way you don't have to take so much. ;)

I'm sorry, i've never meant to make a dick measuring contest out of this. It's just that the fireworks or the lightshow, or whatever you like to call it, wich is invisible in daylight, is just so incredibly magical, and i wouldn't want anybody to miss out on that. If you've never seen it, for whatever reason, you just don't know what you're missing and it's just too beautiful.