• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking drugs while sick?

Cameron4000

Greenlighter
Does anyone save their drugs for when they are sick with a Cold or flu? Whenever I have a cold or flu or even Covid a combination of hydrocodone and weed edibles take care of all of my symptoms. It’s like I’m not even sick it’s incredible. Are there any risks to this? It seems to good to be true that these drugs cure all of the symptoms but they are so effective as long as I have them on hand I don’t have to worry about getting sick.

whenever i get sick with chest and coughing symptoms, i pack a huge bowl and just torch the whole thing, not even all the weed will get burnt up, but the lighter will run over it so i consider it vaporized. i'll move on to the next bowl before even finishing the first. i'll just smoke the fresh green hits and that gets me baked quicker and having to smoke less in my lungs.

i've considered that stronger psychedelics might help with sickness too, but never really got around to trying it. seems like psychedelics have a healing effect for my nerve damage, so maybe it could help with virus type stuff. maybe it would just make a miserable trip though. i really have no idea.

A small amount of medication should make you feel better, so long as you don't overdo it. Things like painkillers and cough suppressants can be a lifesaver, especially if you have to do something like go to work.

I'm stubborn though; I try to let the cold run its course so that I get better faster.

Always have..just be careful if you have pneumonia or something and what you take is sedating or slows breathing. I left the hospital with pneumonia after a few hours because I had to fill my sub script it was before pharmacy closed and also I hate being in the hospital overnight.

Smoking pot will alleviate many of your cold/flu symptoms, but it seems it makes the bug last longer to me.
'Course, that's true of NSAID"s, etc., as well.

You can feel worse for a shorter time or not as bad for longer. It's a microcosm of life, actually.

Does anyone save their drugs for when they are sick with a Cold or flu? Whenever I have a cold or flu or even Covid a combination of hydrocodone and weed edibles take care of all of my symptoms. It’s like I’m not even sick it’s incredible. Are there any risks to this? It seems to good to be true that these drugs cure all of the symptoms but they are so effective as long as I have them on hand I don’t have to worry about getting sick.
i remember once in early 2020 before covid hit the states, it was february and i was the sickest id ever been - i went and scored some fentadope and felt better immediately until it wore off 😭

i remember once in early 2020 before covid hit the states, it was february and i was the sickest id ever been - i went and scored some fentadope and felt better immediately until it wore off 😭
lol what’s fentadope? Nice I think I’m gonna get addicted to these hydrocodone pills because they cure everything and make all my pain go away it’s way too damn effective.

I swear by taking drugs got the flu heroin helps alot if nose not bunhed up i do banger lines instant energy if nose bunged up i have blasts heroin also means no comedown heroin coke and wash up crack better then night nrse and cold and flu pills

I swear by taking drugs got the flu heroin helps alot if nose not bunhed up i do banger lines instant energy if nose bunged up i have blasts heroin also means no comedown heroin coke and wash up crack better then night nrse and cold and flu pills
I wish I could go with you to the UK. The dope situation in America is deplorable. I want to get some of that Afghani brown sugar in my sticky little fingers. Im in Medellin Colombia right now so I'm sampling their famous export and they sell Lyrica over the counter so I'm feeling all kinds of awesome but I still miss that sweet, itchy,scratchy, ughh, ahhhh feeling.

I wish I could go with you to the UK. The dope situation in America is deplorable. I want to get some of that Afghani brown sugar in my sticky little fingers. Im in Medellin Colombia right now so I'm sampling their famous export and they sell Lyrica over the counter so I'm feeling all kinds of awesome but I still miss that sweet, itchy,scratchy, ughh, ahhhh feeling.
I live in Canada in the middle of the fentanyl crisis, and I get 90%+ China White that is basically pure Diacetylmorphine made by chemists in a lab, and 90%+ Afghani brown/beige sugar. I never buy IRL in person from dealers, all that stuff is cut and laced and straight junk with fentanyl and benzos. The deep web/darkweb is a gift.

Smoking pot will alleviate many of your cold/flu symptoms, but it seems it makes the bug last longer to me.
'Course, that's true of NSAID"s, etc., as well.

You can feel worse for a shorter time or not as bad for longer. It's a microcosm of life, actually.
How do you figure it extends the duration of illness? There's no way to measure or corroborate that in any way. Medically speaking, this idea does not hold up to scrutiny, as marijuana doesn't have an impact on your immune system in that manner. Not every bug is the same. There's no way to judge that. And even if every bug were the same, the state of your body is constantly changing in real ways that do affect your immune system. Time of infection, method of infection, what your body experiences from external sources while becoming or dealing with an infection in early stages is proportionate to duration of illness. Marijuana is, to your immune system, almost wholly benign.

i've considered that stronger psychedelics might help with sickness too
maybe it could help with virus type stuff. maybe it would just make a miserable trip though. i really have no idea.
Most certainly it would not be a fun time at all. Psychedelics let you experience more of what you are experiencing. Marijuana is a dissociative, and the dissociation (and to a lesser extent, stimulation) is what's responsible for its aiding in illness relief. That is why dissociative substances are sometimes included in flu/cold OTC/Rx medications.

I live in Canada in the middle of the fentanyl crisis, and I get 90%+ China White that is basically pure Diacetylmorphine made by chemists in a lab, and 90%+ Afghani brown/beige sugar. I never buy IRL in person from dealers, all that stuff is cut and laced and straight junk with fentanyl and benzos. The deep web/darkweb is a gift.

How do you figure it extends the duration of illness? There's no way to measure or corroborate that in any way. Medically speaking, this idea does not hold up to scrutiny, as marijuana doesn't have an impact on your immune system in that manner. Not every bug is the same. There's no way to judge that. And even if every bug were the same, the state of your body is constantly changing in real ways that do affect your immune system. Time of infection, method of infection, what your body experiences from external sources while becoming or dealing with an infection in early stages is proportionate to duration of illness. Marijuana is, to your immune system, almost wholly benign.
Pie

Most certainly it would not be a fun time at all. Psychedelics let you experience more of what you are experiencing. Marijuana is a dissociative, and the dissociation (and to a lesser extent, stimulation) is what's responsible for its aiding in illness relief. That is why dissociative substances are sometimes included in flu/cold OTC/Rx medications.
Thanks for the tip. I've known for a while that it's the route to go but it's always good to get a reminder. I need to get tech savvy and get on.

I down here for about 6 months of the year i get back on heroin i wont use for 6 months of year while there only couple of months each time but i cant wait to come back and use heroin heroin for me will be a lifelong mistress .. Im prescribed pregabalin in UK and STates but in Punjab a chemist friend sends 2000 pregabalin to me and other people i pay to use address. I love lyrica takes away heroin withdrawal coke comedown . I love the itch but if i do pods i itch so much in my sleep when soap hits the scratched part it stings

Last edited:
I feel like Hydros helped me with everything from hangovers to the full blown flu. It always takes the edge off of any symptoms and helps me relax to let my body recover and get much needed rest. The only thing I have noticed is if my head is plugged up they almost make me dizzy. Aside from that I’m with you OP not that I can save pills so to say but I’m hardly ever out and if I am sick I am very thankful to have them.

I down here for about 6 months of the year i get back on heroin i wont use for 6 months of year while there only couple of months each time but i cant wait to come back and use heroin heroin for me will be a lifelong mistress .. Im prescribed pregabalin in UK and STates but in UK a chemist friend sends 2000 pregabalin to me and other people i pay to use address. I love lyrica takes away heroin withdrawal coke comedown . I love the itch but if i do pods i itch so much in my sleep when soap hits the scratched part it stings
You and me are on the exact same wave length. The only reason I'm clean is because I hate fentanyl and I'm scared to death of getting skin rot from tranq dope.

I envy you're situation with the six months on and a forced six months off. The best of both worlds. I also love Lyrica and yayo goes without saying. I only wish it was as cheap in the states as it is in Colombia and the red light girls in Medellin. My God..... Bonita doesn't even begin to describe them. With coke and them grabbing my cock everytime I walk by. You're sex drive kicks into overdrive. These girls are pros. They know what they're doing.

I always enjoy your posts because a lot of it hits home to me.

Same here my brother we can relate and that's what i also love about bluelight we can all relate to each others lives and the pain and joy that comes with drug addiction .

I have come to the point now where i have accepted heroin will be part of my life but no way would i mess will fent and it hurts when i see how many people have died to that shit . I love heroin not fent .

I love coke and meth but i know i got brown or pregabs for the comedown i. I always tell people go on bluelight and see us how we are how much help it gives how people encourage others when the getting clean we not just junkies .

Marijuana is a well known iimmunosuppressant. Most anti-inflammatory agents are.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11700329/

While they are finding out that pot's immunosuppresant effects can be useful and they are doing further studies to determine exactly how safe it may be in people fighting chronic viral illnesses,

it is a fact that inhaling any smoke is stress on your immune system. That's at the least.

Personal experience also indicates to me that a bug hangs on longer if I stay stoned.
Opiates seem to help me shake one more quickly.
A personal fave if I'm sick is Echinacea, Garlic, Oregano Oil, and a couple Hydrocodones a day.
I smell like a pizza, but I seem to get over the bug faster.

You and me are on the exact same wave length. The only reason I'm clean is because I hate fentanyl and I'm scared to death of getting skin rot from tranq dope.

I envy you're situation with the six months on and a forced six months off. The best of both worlds. I also love Lyrica and yayo goes without saying. I only wish it was as cheap in the states as it is in Colombia and the red light girls in Medellin. My God..... Bonita doesn't even begin to describe them. With coke and them grabbing my cock everytime I walk by. You're sex drive kicks into overdrive. These girls are pros. They know what they're doing.

I always enjoy your posts because a lot of it hits home to me.
I only take opioids if they are re sold to me from my friends that have a prescription. I’m like you I’m way too afraid of buying pills of the street for the fear of fentanyl. But when we I get my prescription Vicodin I go to town lmao.

I swear by taking drugs got the flu heroin helps alot if nose not bunhed up i do banger lines instant energy if nose bunged up i have blasts heroin also means no comedown heroin coke and wash up crack better then night nrse and cold and flu pillsI
I bet it does cause heroin is an opioid that’s why I take them they are such strong painkillers that they mask any illness physical or mental and make you feel great.