• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking 30 mg of valium at work I'm a roof tiler u think people will notice

Just don't fall off the roof. Benzos have the unfortunate effect of making people think they are much more sober then they actually are. So i'd say if you're taking it at work, never go over a dose that you know you'll be able to be completely straight on.

its not just about losing your job. Benzos are dangerous and don't feel addictive at all, until you are.

be very very careful, there is no recreational potential with benzos that aren't outweighs by their potential for addiction and subsequent severe withdrawal. Valium is used as an acute drug, not one to be taken daily. The rapid tolerance increase makes this apparent.

If you aren't tolerant dont take them. being intoxicated while working on the roof sounds like dangerous combination. you might be risking your own health or even worse, someone else's.
Well I use to smoke heroin on the regular and work at heights never had a problem

If you have no or low tolerance people will notice and it is dangerous. Diazepam is one of the more "sedating/muscle relaxing" benzodiazepines (unlike bromazepam or even clonazepam for me) and as such it makes you look more sleepy which is a factor. If you are not worried about benzodiazepine dependence (withdrawal is similar to alcohol withdrawal and so are the effects) than watch out for the sedation and clumsiness. 30mg is not a good starting point. Maybe you should take the dosage down a bit. But it is you who will have good and bad effects so it's all up to you. My penny... :)

Dont fucking do this working at hight is already dangerous af and doing it intoxicated not only endangers your life, it also endangers the lives of your co-workers and anyone walking below you.

Dont do this. If I saw or heard that one of my workers was going to work high or sick I would send them home immediately and piss test them.

Unfortunately, your situation is really not the same as the majority of us here on Bluelight. When you are an individual, doing relatively normal, daily activities, you really don't have a lot of serious liability should you get too intoxicated. Sure, driving a car is the glaringly obvious thing here, otherwise, the worst is often a night in the drunk tank or embarrassing moments among your peers.

It's not about "will they notice", as that is sort of irrelevant. It's about the fact that you are clearly unsure of this. Sure, we can all be idiots in our daily lives and say for instance "my boss won't realize I'm on Diazepam". We might think we've got it all figured out only to get fired and find ourselves in a hole. As someone working on a roof, you are responsible for your own life, the life of your crew and the lives of those on the ground. It's not about "thinking" you're good, it's about knowing you're good because you're not on anything. As others have mentioned so poignantly, Benzodiazepines are notorious for making users feel sober even when they are often extremely, visibly fucked up.

Pilots, Firefighters, Heavy Machinery Operators and the like have different liability levels and principles that make them very different. I would have to say that the idea of taking any amount of Diazepam (Valium) that you're not totally understanding of, then going up to work on a roof is as unethical a move as getting behing the wheel of a car after having drinks. You could be fine, you could kill someone and the point is, you're not the judge of that. After the substances are in you, you're no longer fit to make that decision and simply must take a cab.

I think you could consider taking this dosage once you're totally familiar with it and how it effects you. You have to be able to say 100%, you have no doubts, otherwise you're responsible for anything that could or would go wrong as a result. I really would not do this or if you absolutely need Diazepam, take a dosage that does not in any way intimidate you or make you worry.

I know a roof tile worker that fell off a roof once, he was on speed though which isn't all that relevant but it's true so why not mention, his knee is permanently fucked, like for forever, he has to walk with a cane or half carry his leg between steps.

Depends on how keen you are on getting an acquired brain injury? I have a few clients who fell off roofs on drugs...

Depends on how long you have been taking them for 3 won't do nothing