• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Tablet Brands: Samsung vs Lenovo?

Lenovo fanboy here for reliability. But this may be just a hangover from the days they were ibm thinkpads and made battle and space ready.
not actually sure of quality in either option these days but from habit thinkpad imo.
all my laptops are thinkpads with win 7 and will remain so had them for a decade at least and only issues i am having are battery drain and a windows 10 experiment that was a nighmare. lol returned to 7, though.
all solid state no mechanical parts cept lids, rom drives and keyboards

I really should go and touch one lol. The touch screen has to be good and the thing can't have a cheap feel. I've got Raynaud's Syndrome in my hands and they're so sensitive. So I need to fondle a Lenovo 😁

Yeah but an old one. I mean you could probably find something newish on ebay but I'd rather brand new from a retailer.

Reminds me.. Apple has a new competitor

You can pick up a 9th gen ipad for $500 bucks at officeworks, jbhifi only downside is that it has 64 GB of storage. Not sure what your usage plans are, but if its for email, web, netflix etc.. should be ok.

Thats a pretty nice design, company name is great - nothing.. love it. One of the founders also founded oneplus a mobile phone company.. not sure what happened to them.

my 2cents worth on the Android vs Apple debate:

But at the end of the day its another android phone. Some of the issues are only 3 years of android updates, it runs a "propietary" skin over the top of vanilla android (there are very view manufacturers that use vanilla android) so who knows what 3rd party bloatware etc.. is loaded (40% less - whatever that means), 4 years of security patches. I guess that's ok if you only keep your phone for 3 years. Quite often support for these phones is shite. What happens if something is not right and requires a service repair? Usual process is go to your service provider and they will then send it off to a repair shop somewhere to first analyse the problem that takes a week or so then depending on what they find you might be able to repair the phone another week or 2. Thats what happened to me when my google nexus 6p got itself stuck in some sort of boot loop, fucking thing, rang or emailed google can't remember, they told me to take it my telco - what kind of support is that from google for their flagship phone. Took it to optus, they sent it of for inspection, confirmed that it was a warranty issue and would be replaced with my choice of 2 huawei's or another brand (can't remember). Took up the option of the highest spec huawei. Which has proved a better phone than the google nexus 6p.

Apple has the best support for example the iphone 6s is still currently supported for ios updates (that's 7 years of ios support). If anything goes wrong it's easy to get a fix, if its under warranty or covered by applecare you make an appointment at the apple store and get the issue fixed for no cost, while products that aren't under applecare or have passed the warranty period you will need to pay for (but at least you a bricks an mortar shop to take it to and there is every chance they can fix the issue sameday. My son uses an iphone X that I used for 4 years before upgrading, only issue was that its battery need replacement we so we did that (we used the apple store) and its like new now, he'll get at least another 2 or 3 years out of it.

Apple's support for its products, the fact that ios is used on phones & tablets and integrates well with macos, and the design and build quality are the biggest reasons why I would pay the extra for the apple product.