• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Tablet Brands: Samsung vs Lenovo?

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter
I need a new tablet.

I'm used to Apple but they can get stuffed this time -- I'm not spending $700+ on an iPad. I've used Android before.

So I'm looking at Samsung Galaxy, but for the same price I can get a better Lenovo.

Has anyone used this brand much? What I'm most interested in is the quality of the hardware. Like is the touchscreen as good as an iPad/Galaxy? Sound? Is there an old-school headphone jack?? 😉

Cheers,
Abbey xx

I've been a Samsung junkie for 20 years or more. Almost everything electronic I own has been that brand.

On the other hand I am a courtroom trial junkie as well and all the Lawyers, Judges, and others that are part of the trial use Lenovo. And I'm assuming that since they use so much digital evidence nowadays it must be superior.

That's about all I have to add which doesn't help you much with your ?'s about the jacks, ports and components.

From my time in IT working with such things, both companies are good:

Samsung is always quality, but lately their software has been being filled with forced ads, like their TVs (so I've heard).

Lenovo is good, it's actually a Chinese company however they manufacture their devices in the US because they bought IBMs old manufacturing plants, so their devices typically have very good build quality/standards.

remember in the "How you read loungers based on what they post", I've posted that burning phone? I might call it phablet, given nowadays lifestyle.

My dad worked in IT for 40+ years. He's got a laptop, an iPhone and a Galaxy tablet. Pretty much the same as me (except my iPad is obsolete).

From my time in IT working with such things, both companies are good:

Samsung is always quality, but lately their software has been being filled with forced ads, like their TVs (so I've heard).

Lenovo is good, it's actually a Chinese company however they manufacture their devices in the US because they bought IBMs old manufacturing plants, so their devices typically have very good build quality/standards.

Thanks.

and yeah, fuck Apple, fixing their phones was one of the worst jobs I've ever had, and these poor people spending $300 to replace a fucking battery just made it worse when I had to tell them the price

or "I cracked the screen on my 2 month old $1200 iphone, how much to fix it"

"that'll be $950 ma'am"

"O_O wot m8?"

and yeah, fuck Apple, fixing their phones was one of the worst jobs I've ever had, and these poor people spending $300 to replace a fucking battery just made it worse when I had to tell them the price

or "I cracked the screen on my 2 month old $1200 iphone, how much to fix it"

"that'll be $950 ma'am"

"O_O wot m8?"

I love Apple but I just can't justify the price difference here. I buy everything outright cos I'm a "cash person" :)

I don't know much about JVC other than they used to make crappy TVs and VCRs in the US when I was a kid. Honestly I thought they weren't even around anymore, I haven't heard that name in a loooong time.

Be careful with pure Android 10, I had hard legs on my previous owned Nokia 3.1 regarding browser freezing from. In games didn't had any issues, at least I dunno never played for prolonged times but I did it mostly as test because of that, threw it away right when I bought it. Now with companies such as Lenovo, such as Samsung they're Google biased so you'll have to install a custom ROM or something to make android 10, what was Android 9 which given all active ANDROID years seems like 9 codename Pie is the rule of thumb.

I thought you could get an ipad for $500? I've tried android tablets/phones over the years including kit from sony, samsung, lenovo, nvidia and google, I'd stick with Apple.

I thought you could get an ipad for $500? I've tried android tablets/phones over the years including kit from sony, samsung, lenovo, nvidia and google, I'd stick with Apple.

Yeah but an old one. I mean you could probably find something newish on ebay but I'd rather brand new from a retailer.

Reminds me.. Apple has a new competitor

Lenovo fanboy here for reliability. But this may be just a hangover from the days they were ibm thinkpads and made battle and space ready.
not actually sure of quality in either option these days but from habit thinkpad imo.
all my laptops are thinkpads with win 7 and will remain so had them for a decade at least and only issues i am having are battery drain and a windows 10 experiment that was a nighmare. lol returned to 7, though.
all solid state no mechanical parts cept lids, rom drives and keyboards