• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

synthetic lsd vs the real thing

You should be very careful with 25i and all other NBOMe drugs. Real LSD is totally safe in terms of overdosing from it. 25i and the other NBOMe drugs have killed a number of people even at seemingly "safe" doses so be well aware of that before you take it again. I have only taken it twice and I'm in no rush to explore it while there are much safer chemicals available.

@Flycrow most if not all the ppl who overdose on 25i who died DID NOT intend to overdose either. Most was because there are shady people who are in only in this game for profit see 25i as it's LSD. This makes people think it's a safe compound; as safe as LSD.

You should also learn what LD-50 means as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose

Anyone who has died from LSD did so by doing retarded things and not by the substance itself. LSD is pretty damn safe. I've taken sheets (100 hits) at a time before and had the time of my life. I was never in danger of dying from the drug itself. However in large doses; even small doses your judgement is impaired and that's why you read about stories of people walking off a ledge of a cliff or doing other stupid things like say driving a car.

People who have died as a result of being on LSD fit the class of people who have died doing stuid things and deserve a "Darwin award" http://www.darwinawards.com/

Do your proper research when you decide to do ANY drug. Find a trusted source and don't simply believe the person at a show or festival that is selling the drug to know what they are doing. In fact having been on both sides of the hustle I can tell you most of the people selling drugs don't even have the proper knowledge to know what they are selling. They just want your money and once that transaction is over they move on to the next person with money.

Like others stated the folks who truly care about LSD and take the risk of making it actually care about the safety of the drug and who they sell it to. Many won't even sell it to you. It's really sad how things have gotten over the years.

Lastly it can never hurt to spend the money on a drug test kit. Especially when buying MDMA. Be careful. Doing drugs isn't something anyone should rush into. And PLEASE, PLEASE once you find the education share it with your friends. It really sucks when you wake the next morning at a festival to hear one of your friends didn't wake up.

Harm reduction is key to taking drugs. You can never learn enough and share the proper knowledge with enough people.

So much easier to make. All the research chemicals come from Asian labs, making "high purity" product.

You need to more education. You just did what the media does. Spoke outta your ass before getting the facts.

OP, please research these drugs before you take them. 25i in particular can be dangerous.

What bothers me is how the media feeds ignorance, by calling every party pill Ecstasy and saying things like "speed is an ingedient in making ecstasy", and inventing completely bogus names for drugs like calling MXE "roflcopter"

Ecstasy = MDMA = 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine
Acid = LSD = Lysergide (d-Lysergic Acid N,N-Diethylamide)

We can't blame flyCrow for starting his drug career in a climate of drug ignorance, but we can urge him to educate himself better.

And thanks to erowid for legitimizing "roflcopter"...

Some PEA's are as introspective or even more so than LSD 2ce springs to mind. Synthetic Acid is just media bullshit about the Nbome's. One is a tryptamine and one a PEA. NB's feel like 2cx's a bit and not that much like LSD.

Research David Nichols, a neuropharmacologist and chemist working out of Perdue University.
He was the first person to ever synthesize an N-Benzyl Phenethylamine, and is at the for front of studying 5HT2a agonism.

Also, I would really like it of fellow poster would stop referring to LSD as a tryptamine based drug. It is a secondary amine-more specifically a lysergamine with its main positional function groups differentiating it from the LAD series, LSZ, and ALD-52 at the 8-amine position. Learn the very basics of chemistry of you plan to post. It does no good to spread what amounts to lies or half truths.

^ actually the NBOMe series was first synthesised by Ralf Hiem (learn the basics if you plan to post, etc)

I always thought that LSD was a tryptamine but also a phenethylamine since it has the has the phenethylamine backbone, called an ergoline but specifically a lysergamide with LSD and family.

Its kind of easy to get mixed up when it comes to classifying LSD. It can qualify as so many things. Lysergamide would be the correct ultimate definition of course but the others are still technically right.

Unless I got all of that wrong too lol

^ actually the NBOMe series was first synthesised by Ralf Hiem (learn the basics if you plan to post, etc)

And the N-benzylphenethylamines and tryptamines, but without the 2-MeO substituent, were first made in Glennon's lab and showed to bind to 5HT2a receptors (etc..) in the early 90's.

I always thought that LSD was a tryptamine but also a phenethylamine since it has the has the phenethylamine backbone, called an ergoline but specifically a lysergamide with LSD and family.

Shulgin included LSD and other tryptamine-backbone complex molecules in TiKHAL, of course. :) (Along with a few others like ibogaine)

However, I think LSD is better called an ergoline / lysergamide... it and derivatives are more complex molecules than the standard tryptamines. Calling LSD a tryptamine does not seem correct from a chemistry perspective, I think...

Many tryptamines are 5HT2A agonists, as is LSD, and the NBOMes... and that's the factor that ties them all together, really. They all have that "classic" psychedelic effect. (In different ways, of course...)

If you look at the LSD molecule in 3d, you'll see that the indolethylamine structure doesn't have the same shape as tryptamine.

Changing the question because that's just an ignorant question. DOC > LSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOohh the title of this thread is not what i thought this topic was going to be about. when the term synthetic lsd was brought up i though you were referring to the newly minted lysegamaines like (al lad, ald-52, ETH-LAD, 1P_LSD, LSZ) not phethylthylamines like 25i- Nbome or other substituted amphetamines like DOC, DOI, or DOM. Those are not 'synthetic acid' in any fasHion. That term right there has probably killed quit e a few inexperienced people many times. If you go up to someone and say hey i got some "synthetic acid" and its really DOC, those people would end up consuming multiple hits thinking its weak and by the time it takes for it to kick in they took WAY too much and have a siezure. Just as a HR technique that term should not be used its misleading and dangerous. l
All lsd is synthetic since it requires a synthesis to make it. So to answer your question there is absolutly no replacement for lsd, there are other lysergamines that are quite promising but not the same as lsd, ald-52 is very very close out of the whole bunch. 25i can kill you and also posssibly give you HPPD, as well as most other non lysergamine based hallucinogens. LSD's saftey profile is much, much better than any other hallucinogen. i hope that can clear thing up.
NUGZ