View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

synthetic lsd vs the real thing

flyCrow

Bluelighter
I have tried 25i a synthetic acid numerous times and had a good time but still had some issues with anxiety especially on the come down and found it impossible to sleep for around 24 hours.

the one time I tried proper lsd I also had a lot of mdma with it so I cant judge the experience based on the lsd alone.. but it was fucking awesome. no anxiety. I felt connected.

for those whove tried both, compare the two. spiritually, when it comes to learning and growing do the synthetic drugs compare to the real thing? is anxiety less of an issue?

Lets dispel the confusion right away: NOTHING is LSD but LSD itself. 25I is and will always be a NBOMe drug, a very unrelated molecule. Please dont talk of BOM drugs as "synthetic acid" because they are in a class of their own, with their own virtues and vices and should be enjoyed for their sake.

Most people I know who tried both (I only tried LSD, not touching the BOM drugs personally) insist LSD is much better.

ok. interesting that the experience of the two might be very different.

they are very different molecules. LSD is a tryptamine derived lysergamide psychedelic, its more akin to psilocybin, and 25I-NBOMe is a phenethylamine derived N-benzylphenethylamine psychedelic, more akin to Mescaline. Because of this, 25I will have less mindfuck, more eyecandy but also higher toxicity in high doses, and LSD has more mindfuck, a wider scope in psychedelic effects but greater bodily safety.

What the hell is non-synthetic LSD? all LSD is synthetic (unless we discover a new super magical plant), there are LOTS of synthetic psychedelics that to varying degrees are "similar" to acid (I use "similar" very loosely). Seeing posts like this actually bothers me because it's becoming the norm for younger generations to think of 25i as "synthetic acid". I just don't understand how anyone doesn't research the hell out if any substance before they try it. Even my close allies that I trip with pretty much rely on me for all their drug info. Whenever I bring it up there just like "that's why we have you". It just seems so weird to me to not want to read about every aspect of ANY substance before even thinking about experiencing it.

What bothers me is how the media feeds ignorance, by calling every party pill Ecstasy and saying things like "speed is an ingedient in making ecstasy", and inventing completely bogus names for drugs like calling MXE "roflcopter"

Ecstasy = MDMA = 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine
Acid = LSD = Lysergide (d-Lysergic Acid N,N-Diethylamide)

We can't blame flyCrow for starting his drug career in a climate of drug ignorance, but we can urge him to educate himself better.

truth. one of the reasons I joined this website. maybe I should look into the chemistry that makes what, what. purely for curiosities sake. all I knew of 25i is that it is a "trip" that supposedly mimics the effect of lsd.

Study hard young Padawan, and between sites like Bluelight and Erowid you'll soon have sounder knowledge of drugs than most so called "drug experts", who mostly are far out of touch after having been misinformed to begin with.
Drugs? Just Say Know.

It is just an accident of history that LSD was discovered before other, newer, "research chemicals" that are also psychedelics.
However, this means that we know more about LSD, and it has proven to be quite safe (with respect to toxicity; psychologically it can result in traumatic experiences!).
Start small and know your source.
Safe travels ;)

just say know. inspirational!!

an anxiety inclined personality can be a big factor. I appreciate your advice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
as someone else stated above, LSD and 25i are different substances.
25i is a phenetylamine (psychedelic amphetamine) while LSD has caracteristics of both phenetylamines and tryptamines (but the tryptamine side is more prominent, chemical structure-wise).
so 25i is not "synthetic acid" (even because LSD is already a semi-synthetic compund), I would call it synthetic mescaline if you really want to compare it to other substances.

also, tryptamines are said to be more profound and introspective than phenetylamines, which I can't confirm

hope this helped :)

No worries flyCrow, you did the right thing by asking at bluelight. After you've done some reading at Bluelight and at Erowid I highly suggest reading through the book Pihkal and the book Tihkal by Alexander Shulgin. Erowid has online versions of those books but I recommend buying them for yourself they cover a lot of the drugs that are talked about at Psychedelic Drugs at Bluelight. In fact Shulgin created a lot of them including one called 2C-I which then years later a colleague of his David Nichols added a NBOMe molecule to 2C-I this turning it into 25I. In fact, there's a whole family of 2C chemicals like 2C-I, 2C-C,2C-D,2C-E and a whole lot more and those all have corresponding NBOMe versions 25C, 25D, 25E. Etc.

does that make 25i a stimulant? o_O
might explain the effect it has on my nerves and insomnia.
I think of my lsd trip as a "warmer", more peaceful experience but that may have been the mdma playing a big part..

yea when you start talking about molecules it goes right over my head. I will check it out :)

25I is a psychedelic but I agree that it has stimulant properties for sure. Most Psychedelics are quite stimulating and I have a very difficult time sleeping after I drop anything (I also suffer from insomnia when I'm not tripping). In fact there are even psychedelic amphetamines out there like the DOX series ( DOC,DOI etc.) - Which I've never tried.

yea when you start talking about molecules it goes right over my head. I will check it out :)
All this stuff was over my head when I started too. Do not feel intimidated by the sciencey jargon you see here. If you keep reading and asking questions everything will start to make sense.

does that make 25i a stimulant? o_O

25i-NBOMe is a substituted phenethylamine. It's basically modified 2C-I, which in itself can be thought of as a derivative of mescaline.

Substituted phenethylamines include a fairly wide range of compounds, including stimulants (amphetamine) and entactogens (eg MDMA) as well as mescaline. It's possible that 25i-NBOMe has more stimulating effects, for all I know, than LSD or similar (will have to read the trip reports I guess). I know that its parent compound (2C-I) seems to be more stimulating overall most psychedelics (of course, reports vary)....

LSD is a lysergamide, a class of compounds derived from ergoline (a naturally occurring fungoid compound). Until recently, LSD was pretty much the only psychedelic compound in this class on the market (there are a few non-psychedelic ergoline drugs out there though.)

You should be very careful with 25i and all other NBOMe drugs. Real LSD is totally safe in terms of overdosing from it. 25i and the other NBOMe drugs have killed a number of people even at seemingly "safe" doses so be well aware of that before you take it again. I have only taken it twice and I'm in no rush to explore it while there are much safer chemicals available.

well I never considered overdosing and yea im way more interested in lsd only Its hard to get ahold of for me. I wonder if these NBOMe drugs a cheaper or easier alternative to make maybe. wayyy more prevalent. gone are the 60's

well I never considered overdosing and yea im way more interested in lsd only Its hard to get ahold of for me. I wonder if these NBOMe drugs a cheaper or easier alternative to make maybe. wayyy more prevalent. gone are the 60's

So much easier to make. All the research chemicals come from Asian labs, making "high purity" product but really industrial...
LSD is made by people who care about their craft. The penalties are too great, the profit too little compared to other drugs, and the difficulty is too high for greed to motivate LSD synthesis, MDMA is a far more logical choice for profit. If you look back at the great chemists you'll find they were people who cared about their work, and many of them later took a very spiritual path because of their close involvement with the molecule.

When you try the real thing you'll know, it has a character that 25i can never match.