• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Switching from tianeptine to suboxone.

I have taken tramadol in high doses 300mg+/day for a few days in a row, while being enrolled in sub maintenance, because I was informed that you could use tramadol and sub in combination and get a high out of it because of its other capabilities. I found it to be somewhat true, I did get a high from it, but because of its serotonergic properties, it made me feel more nauseous than anything

I really didn't think that taking my usual sub dose after the tramadol binge was over would result in any PWD issues. I think I remember having took a few tramadol early that morning, around 7am, maybe 200-50mg maybe. Later that day I decided to do 2mg of bupe, around 6pm, IV being the ROA too. I did notice some slight PWD, it wasn't terrible, and overwhelming like if I had shot 2mg bupe the same day I used a full agonist like heroin or oxy I was dependent on. Been made that mistake a few times... God that shit sux!! But all I noticed out of it was a slight hot sweat, and slight burning sensation in my skin on a few parts of my body. It wasn't a good feeling, but by no means unbearable for real. It only lasted a few mins, and I felt the bupe settle itself in like normal.

I had only binged on the tramadol for a few days though. I probably was not dependent yet though, maybe only slightly. Perhaps that is why the BUPE precipitated only very minor WDs in that case? I have heard long term tramadol use in high doses can produce nasty WDs, so in turn, if someone inducted bupe too early with tramadol still occupying opiate receptors, while highly dependent on it, they would be in for nasty precipitated tramadol withdrawal correct? Since I may have acquired slight dependence on tramadol those few days, the PWD from the early bupe induction was slight/minor. If I had long term dependence at that dose, and inducted bupe that early, the PWD would have been a lot heavier and extreme. Does this sound logical?

I have no clue about tianeptine, so I cannot speak on that.

Tramadol in doses over 300mg a day can lead to seizures as tramadol lowers the seizure threshold!

Usually for a complete PWD experience the individual has to be on a full agonist for a number of days usually turns out to be years. If your on sub maintenance and then the next day only take tramadol the sub will only partly precipitate WD the day after. This happens because a portion of the bupe stays on the receptors for over 48 hours making it impossible for the tramadol to fully take effect. Now if you stop sub and then take tramadol for say a week then the sub could fully cause PWD if enough time does not elapse between dosing.

As a side not there is a small antidepressant discontinuation syndrome starting to manifest after several days. It is mostly limited to mild irritability, sleep disturbances and a sweaty feeling that differs from the cold sweats produced by opiate WD. Thankfully this is cake compared to what it was like tapering suboxone over a long term period. I will not be quickly tapering off the bupe and will possible stay on a low dose of opiates for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
you will go through withdrawal at higher doses. Try 5-7 grams / day. You will be nodding out with pinned pupils.
You will go through tianeptine WD from doses over 60 mg per day if taken for an extended period by a person with a history of opiate addiction.

I just want to mention that 5 - 7 grams a day is a fuckton. this drug is used medically at 12.5mg tid.

And who can afford that much? This stuff is expensive. Damn