• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching from 3 Mg Clonazepam to 30 Mg Valium

Speed King

Bluelighter
Will I notice a difference. Want to give Clonazepam a little break. Doctor allowing me to try 30 Mg Valium. As a bonus, I am already taking 30 Mg Temazepam(a metabolite of said Valium). Will I at least get a decent effect out of 30 Mg Valium?

well in all honesty it doesnt matter if you take clonazepam or diazepam other than the fact diazepam has a much longer half life than clonazepam both are very good benzos
but 30mg of diazepam will equal about 1.5mg of clonazepam give or take the benzo conversion chart itself is subjective
which one is stronger is also subjective
guess the only thing to do is try out the diazepam (which is my personal favorite)

That ain't going to work. I always thought 1 mg Clonazepam was equal to 10 mg Diazepam. It's all subjective. I hope it's close.
The good thing is the Diazepam metabolites will build up in my system. Hopefully that will add to it. I just checked out the Ashton manual and it says .5mg Clonazepam equals 10mg Diazepam. :( I might have to call doctor.

Last edited:
drink some grapefruit juice which is also healthy for you to slow down the process haha jk dont do that
well see thats the thing for diazepam even in a lower dose still kept up with other benzos for me but given i didnt have to keep re dosing maybe your doc thinks the same way
actually easier in the end to taper with diazepam which im pretty sure thats what he is trying to do is taper you off without you knowing it

docs almost never give out benzos but when they do they watch their ass
and the moment they see something off they try to correct it and us as with non medical education dont know any better will comply

again try the diazepam all benzos have their own personal characteristic that you may enjoy for me it was ativan until i had a taste of diazepam
again even if the doses are not the same diazepam might make you feel even better or exp something you didnt with clonazepam

*ps how the fuck did you get the doc to give you diazepam thats like winning the lotto docs now a days are to young to know what diazepam is let alone prescribe it
forgot to add diazepam has a kick ass muscle relaxer to it

Dig this. I had cancer. Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It's cool. I'm in remission. This psych doctor has seen me from when I was a two dimensional person that had bad chemo fog. That's where your brain is really "fogged" out from chemo drugs. Point being is, she has seen me from my absolute worst till now. She asked me why I wanted to switch and I said that I wanted to give my receptors a break and Clonazepam was a little old. I want to give it a rest. I have to wait till the 20th for the Valium. I am an open book. Get this, she also let me switch from 10 Mg Ambien to 30 Mg Temazepam.
So,if Valium is good, how is Temazepam and Valium prescribed together? This doctor is cool. She let me switch from Vyvanse to Dextroamphetamine also. She is a cool bird. So I hear this Valium reacts well with wgfj. Cool. I'll have to read the benzodiazepine thread.

Last edited:
Way wrong Kpins have a much longer half pie phd backed info, Valium is a short hitting acting pan attack med which effts are much shorter them it's half life. Kpins long acting long half life

Wrong , Valium has 50-150 hour Half life with the main metabolite of it being 200-250 hour half life ... K pin is 18-60 or so at most half life so you're wrong but it's okay . What do you think they give you for k pin withdrawals ? Valium to taper with cause it's longer half life

sorry to hear about the cancer but good to here you are in remission and temazepam is also a benzo which is given as a sleep aid combining them temazepam and Valium will more than likely knock you on your ass maybe even cause a black out
In all honesty the temazepam on its own is kick ass
Works fast and very efficiently not to mention very potent I was on 15 mg of temazepam and I would be out for 8 to 12 hrs within 15 mins
Not a day time med by any means unless your not gonna do shit during the day

IMO I wouldn't mix them but if the doc gave you the ok then rock on
I wouldn't take the full 30mg of temazepam I would try less and see how that works

Way wrong Kpins have a much longer half pie phd backed info, Valium is a short hitting acting pan attack med which effts are much shorter them it's half life. Kpins long acting long half life

That's not how it works, that's not how any of that works
Haha

sorry to hear about the cancer but good to here you are in remission and temazepam is also a benzo which is given as a sleep aid combining them temazepam and Valium will more than likely knock you on your ass maybe even cause a black out
In all honesty the temazepam on its own is kick ass
Works fast and very efficiently not to mention very potent I was on 15 mg of temazepam and I would be out for 8 to 12 hrs within 15 mins
Not a day time med by any means unless your not gonna do shit during the day

IMO I wouldn't mix them but if the doc gave you the ok then rock on
I wouldn't take the full 30mg of temazepam I would try less and see how that works
I'm going to take it easy and see how it goes. The Temazepam is late night bedtime only med. I figure Valium during the day (prn) and the Temazepam as my last dose at night.
Funny, off subject thing. When I take Clonazepam first and then Temazepam second, it doesn't work as well. When I take the Temazepam first and Clonazepam/amitriptyline,etc second, it knocks me tfo. I hope those metabolites build up quick.

I'm going to take it easy and see how it goes. The Temazepam is late night bedtime only med. I figure Valium during the day (prn) and the Temazepam as my last dose at night.
Funny, off subject thing. When I take Clonazepam first and then Temazepam second, it doesn't work as well. When I take the Temazepam first and Clonazepam/amitriptyline,etc second, it knocks me tfo. I hope those metabolites build up quick.

goes to show you we all react differently
i wouldnt take klonopin after temazepam, since its super effective without anything else
yeah just take the valium during the day when needed and the temazepam at night if you need it
but keep in mind if you dose on a daily regular basis both will eventually stop working and youll need to take bigger doses
they are benzos after all
30mg of valium is not a super high dose but its getting there
be safe brother

Even though equivalency charts show 3mg clonazepam= 60mg diazepam, I always felt it was more along the lines of 30mg diazepam. It just depends on your personal body chemistry and whatnot. Both are fantastic benzos. I was on the same regimen (3mg clonaz+30mg temaz) for a long time and it was one of the best setups for anxiety and insomnia I ever found. Good luck with all of that!

I will definitely post back when I get to take the Valium and really test it out. Probably save a few Clonazepam just in case.

I've been thinking of switching from to Valium from Clonazepam myself a lot lately, knowing it will be difficult with an unacknowledged doctor makes that hard to say the very least.

Yeah, if I were you I would try out the 30mg for a week and see what happens, but that's only equivalent to 1.5mg of Clonazepam as far as I'm concerned. I'd get those doses adjusted if you needed to, or could. It works the same in my opinion, but as said above Diazepam is long lasting, I also find it to be more sedating.

I need at least 20mg of Diazepam to feel comfortable. Taking the Temazepam with it, you're going to get a decent effect but you may need up to 60mg to feel the same effects from your past Clonazepam dose.

Thanks cannablissss, I will have a talk with my doctor about this before I'm scheduled to pick up the script.

the valium will hit you much faster much harder. the flip side is that it doesn't last as long