• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SWIM is an experienced drug user, but extremely skeptical on psychedelics? (2cb?)

notselinakyle

Greenlighter
experienced drug user, but extremely skeptical on psychedelics? (2cb?)

EDIT;
SO I DIDNT READ THE RULES AND THOUGHT YOU HAD TO BE SWIMMING TURNS OUT THE RULE STATED THE OPPOSITE APOLEGIES FOR THIS POST I DID NOT KNOW

SWIM is new to this forum but has been reading it for many years as google searches tend to always bring her here.

SWIM has had this on-going battle with making a decision on psychedelic drugs, or perhaps even, getting over her slight fear of them.

Some background:
;)

SWIM began taking drugs at the age of seventeen but with experienced users of three+ years and basically, went all out. SWIM has a history of mephedrone abuse. (Ingesting about 3 and a half grams every week none stop for about four months, then for another year but with lower dosage) SWIM has not done any psychedelics, but will state the substances that she has done for reference:

MDMA
Ketamine
MXE
MXP
Ecstasy pills (or just pills, SWIM is from UK and assumes they are the same as "ecstasy" pills)
Mephedrone
Cocaine
Weed/Alcohol/Hash
Xanax/Codeine/other pharms
Nitrous oxide

SWIM knows this background history may not be necessary for all to know however SWIM feels it is as everyone is completely different and some history info might help SWIY understand the situation better in SWIMS head.
SWIM mostly struggles with weed as she has smoked sprayed/amnesia or has smoked whilst still feeling the effects of MDMA/other stimulants and has almost gotten a "trip" - and in these times become completely anti social, insecure and introverted which is not SWIMS nature. After these events SWIM could not continue to smoke weed or even hash sometimes as those feelings of intense paranoia and insecurity would come back and become very introverted again so SWIM decided to quit. (Plus always feels a slight pain in left lower abdomen which may be a thought- up placebo)

SWIM prefers to take drugs where she is in control. (Hence the mephedrone abuse) And fears any drugs that could take full control. SWIM loves ketamine in slow doses however has had bad experiences with close to overdose/mixing with alcohol and being immobile whilst on the substance. SWIM has also experienced derealisation and depersonalisation whilst coming down from MXP which was SWIMS worst drug experience so this is what SWIM fears, above all.

SWIMs friends have all grown up with her and done psychedelics however SWIM is the only one who hasn't, as she has heard numerous bad stories from her friends, especially in regards to acid, and one of shrooms. However SWIM wants to experience true psychedelia and the other side of drugs which isnt stimulants/sedatives and amphetamines. Especially because SWIM has abused them to the stage where she only feels the negative effects on her now.
SWIMs main worry with psychedelics is one, the duration. If SWIM was to have a bad trip, she would have to wait it out for a long duration, with most trips lasting on average 4-16 hours (correct SWIM if wrong) - the second worry is being out of control, SWIM has a very strong sense of self on drugs and in reality, however has a fear of her mind not being in control. For example, bad thoughts not being able to be controlled. The third fear is the intensity of psychedelic drugs, and that there may be a possibility for them to "trigger" or shift things in the brain, or having one negative trip that change the user forever.

Of course if SWIM does decide to take psychedelics, she will do her research and be with people she trusts, SWIM is only 19 and does not want to rush.
SWIM is considering taking a very small dosage of 2cb this summer at a festival, would SWIY recommend?
Also SWIM would love to hear SWIY's experiences with psychedelics and perhaps any advice/different outlooks and perspectives!

thanku

Last edited by a moderator:
The solution to all of your concerns is to try psychedelic drugs at a very low dose for the first time, then increase it slightly the next time if you feel comfortable doing so, etc. A low-dose trip is just as "true" an experience as any other.

A very small dose of 2cb seems like a fine introduction to psychedelics to me.

Phenetylamines are suitable to take low doses of contrarily to tryptamines IME.

The solution to all of your concerns is to try psychedelic drugs at a very low dose for the first time, then increase it slightly the next time if you feel comfortable doing so, etc. A low-dose trip is just as "true" an experience as any other.

A very small dose of 2cb seems like a fine introduction to psychedelics to me.

SWIMs problem is she still has trouble finding the confidence even when it comes to small doses, and is scared she will "trick" herself into having a bad time on a placebo effect.

^FYI, using the acronym "SWIM" et al is against the rules here - everyone reading this thread knows that it is you that's being discussed, and it makes posts messy and hard to read.

^FYI, using the acronym "SWIM" et al is against the rules here - everyone reading this thread knows that it is you that's being discussed, and it makes posts messy and hard to read.

...against the rules? mustve been reading a different forum then where its against the rules to say "you" or "me" but im pretty sure it was also this one..

It doesn't legally protect you in any way, and it never did. It only gives others a headache while reading it. So does your font size.

Well ketamine and MXE can be as much as a headfuck as tryptamines. If not more. So id say you're already experienced in a way.

I find it surprising that MXP fucked you up, I found it to be a much milder substance than other disassociatives. Barely found it euphoric at all unless I plugged my headphones in and listened to music. It was pretty boring otherwise.

You could try a quatre of a tab of lsd?
Eat another quatre and hour later if you dont feel anything.
Lsd microdosing is extremely versatile and i feel it could be a good introduction.
The thing is though, if you are scared. Maybe stay away for the moment and collect your mindstate if need be.
All the people i met who were scared but did it anyway had bad trips :/
Someone very wise i once met, said to someone considering tripping for their first time "if you are going to take a acid, you need something to do for the next 12 hours"
This is true. Atleast with doses above a half tab. But lower dose lower time spent tripping(usually)

You seem to have an idea of where and who you should trip with, But keep in mind something to do, whether it be art or even cleaning, whatever you do i guess thats productive.
Ide suggest though if you have a trip and enjoy it, dont go overboard. It doesnt really work out haha xD
Good luck, do your research! :)

thanks for being SO welcoming. i love the hint of stuck up font size policing. ;) thanku SO much!!!11

SWIMs problem is she still has trouble finding the confidence even when it comes to small doses, and is scared she will "trick" herself into having a bad time on a placebo effect.

Do you normally suffer anxiety? That's the only condition I can think of offhand that would cause this, but even then you'll be safe with a small enough dose.

If you're really this conflicted about the decision, then you should just hold off on taking psychedelics for now. Wait a while, and with time your indecision will resolve and you'll feel more strongly one way or the other. Either you'll be ready or you won't - but either way, you'll be certain.

I think it mightve possibly been the fact that I had consumed alot of alchohol beforehand, sniffed a line and "blacked out" for three hours, as in say I sniffed the line at 5 am, in my my conciousness and awareness came back at 8 am and I even asked "did we sniff that line?" "what the hell just happened" and apparently I was just talking loads of BS for three hours. Which then I vaugley remembered. So I didnt really feel the effects of the Mxp. Just the horrible detatched "comedown" .

Yes generalized anxiety after amphetamine abuse. It comes and goes but triggers can be from pop music to walking up stairs to thinking about sniffing a line or a time that I was really f*cked :(

You could try a quatre of a tab of lsd?
Eat another quatre and hour later if you dont feel anything.
Lsd microdosing is extremely versatile and i feel it could be a good introduction.
The thing is though, if you are scared. Maybe stay away for the moment and collect your mindstate if need be.
All the people i met who were scared but did it anyway had bad trips :/
Someone very wise i once met, said to someone considering tripping for their first time "if you are going to take a acid, you need something to do for the next 12 hours"
This is true. Atleast with doses above a half tab. But lower dose lower time spent tripping(usually)

You seem to have an idea of where and who you should trip with, But keep in mind something to do, whether it be art or even cleaning, whatever you do i guess thats productive.
Ide suggest though if you have a trip and enjoy it, dont go overboard. It doesnt really work out haha xD
Good luck, do your research! :)

Thanks for the advice! :)

Don't take it the first time at a festival. While festivals may be loads of fun, and also 'obvious' places to use drugs, it's a bad plan to try out new drugs because it is one of the least controllable environments.

Read up on 'set and setting' (there is a thread devoted to it here - find it using the index: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/560442-The-Psychedelic-Index - scroll down quite a bit), depending on whether you have any social anxiety whatsoever or even if you exclusively have friends who mess with each other and are loud all trying to be cool, then you might want to consider restricting the number of people to be present when you try your first psychedelic. One tripsitter, who is nice and caring and you trust! , is wise though, to guide you if you feel weird or 'difficult'.

Just prepare to experience things you never felt or thought before and to be confused by that, even scared (well that is the challenging part, the reward is so great!) - being too scared to step in is indeed not a good place to start from, but if you feel ready for it - like a very intense but beautiful rollercoaster ride - then you can anticipate quite a number of issues by proper preparing and precautions. A mild dose of 2C-B at that point, mixed with nothing else, should be very doable and for most people not too heavy of a rollercoaster ride like shrooms can be.

Maybe now you start to get a feel of why a festival is far from ideal to have weird experiences that play with your mind, but being in a park with not a lot of people around and close to home, is much better. It's common to feel as if you see the world for the first time again like a child - so a place that is beautiful, comfortable and open for playing around is ideal.

I don't think you can really compare dissociatives with classic psychedelics, sure they are really trippy but it can be more deeply confusing when you lose/forget your sense of self... although emotionally it is less tricky because emotions too can get simplified or evened out on dissociatives.
On psychedelics you feel incredibly present, not removed... (although they have in common the feeling of unity: fade to whiteness vs fade to blackness), the mindfuck mostly comes from the thalamus being suppressed causing removed boundaries between brain function - everything gets more in sync, but it also involves thoughts, vision and other things to get jumbled up which causes the visuals and other mind warps.

Last edited:
thanks for being SO welcoming. i love the hint of stuck up font size policing. ;) thanku SO much!!!11

I read your post, was giong to responmd with a few suggestions; but now I'll just say read the rules. I've had my wrist slapped and received warnings here. I took it as a learning experience. You should do the same (even if you haven't received a warning).

Re: font size policing? This isn't your personal playground. Please act appropriately.

Tom

Start with 10 mg 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate oral on an empty stomach

I read your post, was giong to responmd with a few suggestions; but now I'll just say read the rules. I've had my wrist slapped and received warnings here. I took it as a learning experience. You should do the same (even if you haven't received a warning).

Re: font size policing? This isn't your personal playground. Please act appropriately.

Tom

Start with 10 mg 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate oral on an empty stomach

how does a font size imply that I think this my "personal playground" lmfao. Your original reply to my post came across VERY patronising, especially when it was about something so small as my font size. You couldve been abit more understanding to a new user and not so blunt. :)

edit: i got confused and thought you were the OP that said my font size was inappropriate. sorry! above doesnt apply to you. well, some of it does.:/

Thanks so much for your reply this was very helpful and insightful. :)

OP = opening post (but often used interchangeably with the person starting the thread, which would be the) TS = thread starter... so he can't be the OP (TS), you are. :)

I'm sure the intention is not to be inhospitable or rude (nor patronizing), just understand that this is a focus forum meant very specifically for sharing knowledge and info etc - yeah sometimes fun but minimal banter..
Changing font is pointless and mostly self-expression. If you want that, the social forums are meant for that. Whether we tell you in a friendly tone or not isn't conveyed over the forum - just informing you of the do's and don't since you are new. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, other fora ask that you say 'SWIM', the reasons for that are futile though. So yes it is confusing that fora don't agree on that, and it's an honest mistake.

So on to the topic at hand:

In another active thread about bk-2C-B, I just said that I don't think duration should be your main focus: shrooms don't last as long as LSD, DMT much much shorter than both.. but the mindfuck can make the trip seem very long... while more lucid experiences for me tend to be less cumbersome - which is why I like LSD a lot.

Control is an illusion and not something to hold on to when experimenting with psychedelics. There is really no point in trying to steer your mind in the directions you want, your mind can manage fine if you just let it run its course, even on psychedelics. There is nothing threatening about visuals and other psychedelic effects. The more you focus on perceiving it as threats, the more you may start exaggerating that feeling, and it can start seeming like it threatens your very life. The more you will try to control it, the less it will feel like you can, considering it is impossible to fully control everything.

You could stick to relatively mild psychedelics like 2C-B that don't challenge you as much and let you feel more or less intact as the person you (think you) are.

Or, you could carefully see if you can let go, which can be very liberating and teach you how to relax more about life in general.

The irony is that the best way to gain control in your life, is to let go of trying to control everything the whole time. Relaxing about it will not cause chaos, but allows you to naturally use your intuition to live in a way that makes you the master over your own life.

Last edited:
OP to me = original post, i meant the guy who wrote the original post which I found patrionizing.
Okie dokie thanku
I actually read the rules now haha

As in: the origin of the thread, not the origin of whatever issue you are addressing - that would make things very confusing as people may not understand what issue you are referring to.
Hopefully I'm not wrong about this, otherwise my whole life will be a lie. ;)