• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids SURVEY ON BUPRENORpHINES BEST ANALGESIC DOSE

Here I sit at 5mg/day. Analgesia still fully intact! Go Sub for pain!!!

I currently mess around with suboxone now, I find the high last longer, and is cheaper.. anyway's I agree! i don't even go over 1mg! i stay at maybe the highest .8 mg. Honestly I don't get high like I used to, if i skip a day or two I can actually nod pretty good along with the script I have of Hydroxyzine. hydroxyzine is pretty good with opioid like drugs, like how suboxone feels kinda like morphine a little. I think personally you need to experiment on yourself to find a good recreational dose, or whatever reason you take it. Personally! i take below 1mg 4 times a day. doesn't really get me that high, but it helps alot. reason why I "try" to skip a day. sorry if I didn't really have a good reply!!

I currently mess around with suboxone now, I find the high last longer, and is cheaper.. anyway's I agree! i don't even go over 1mg! i stay at maybe the highest .8 mg. Honestly I don't get high like I used to, if i skip a day or two I can actually nod pretty good along with the script I have of Hydroxyzine. hydroxyzine is pretty good with opioid like drugs, like how suboxone feels kinda like morphine a little. I think personally you need to experiment on yourself to find a good recreational dose, or whatever reason you take it. Personally! i take below 1mg 4 times a day. doesn't really get me that high, but it helps alot. reason why I "try" to skip a day. sorry if I didn't really have a good reply!!
Thanks Suicide Leopard! Hope you aren't feeling up to your namesake today ;)

Today I have only dosed .5mgX4 through 5:30PM and it worked BETTER than 6mg! LOW DOSE BUPE BETTER FOR ANALGESIA!

Buprenorphine is a partial agonist at μ-receptor. The data in Table 1 suggests that the affinity of buprenorphine for ORL1 receptor is approximately 50 times lower than for μ-receptor and many preclinical reports indicate that ORL1 agonism may contribute to reducing its antinociception (pain killing) effect at high concentration.

In addition, a number of studies suggest that buprenorphine dose needs for treatment of pain are much lower compared to doses used for the treatment of opioid addiction.

The typical analgesic dose of buprenorphine is 0.3–0.6 mg (im or iv)[around 1.5mg SL], and its analgesic effects last approximately 6 hours for iv. A review of clinical trials showed that buprenorphine was effective in 25/26 trials. Contrary to previous concerns, no analgesic ceiling effect and no antagonism on a combination of buprenorphine with pure μ-OR agonists is seen within the therapeutic dose range in humans.12,28

Some authors believe that false myths about buprenorphine based on unconfirmed animal data and early clinical research came into textbooks on pharmacology and pain approximately 30 years ago and have been difficult to eradicate.28 The fact is that in clinical practice there is no bell-shaped dose–response curve, there is no plateau on the dose–response curve, and there is no antagonist effect from buprenorphine on other μ-opioid agonists. This was also the conclusion by a panel of world experts convened to review pharmacology of buprenorphine and available evidence.

Although buprenorphine has demonstrated very high affinity for μ-receptors, it occupies fewer receptors for analgesia, which leads to a significant receptor reserve for other μ-agonists. Buprenorphine increases μ-receptor expression, which allows other μ-agonists to interact with receptors.

Supplemental dosing with an opioid is the main treatment suggested to manage breakthrough pain in cancer patients.

buprenorphine/-an-attractive-opioid-with-underutilized-potential--peer-reviewed-fulltext

I myself was on suboxone for a whole year until i quit because I discovered kratom.I am now on gabapentin and I do agree it's powerful and helps very well.

Hi Jekyl! the article said "the typical analgesic dose of buprenorphine is 0.3–0.6 mg (im or iv)[around 1.5mg SL],"
the truth however, is that a great dose SL is more like .5mg, which would equal about .15mg IV. But overall, yes just like this article, I learned through trial and more trials that when I just took tiny doses, I had to admit that the pain vanished in spite of the runny nose I had from a bit of WD since I've been on 6 to 8 mg for 4 months or so!
Cheers!
p.s. THC prob plays a big part too in my additional exquisite euphoria.

I myself was on suboxone for a whole year until i quit because I discovered kratom.I am now on gabapentin and I do agree it's powerful and helps very well.
gabapentin is the SHIT!!! I assume you have nerve pain? Kratom huh? Wow, I am surprised it was able to replace lord bupe!

Took .5 mgX3 through 2pm. Finally WD symptoms of depression crept in, the first since I tapered. Took 2mg all at once and felt better :) Will continue at 4mg/day. Less is best. not too much less though. Then you get sad.