• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids SURVEY ON BUPRENORpHINES BEST ANALGESIC DOSE

Going to see if 8 mg is any better. Prob can't get much better, at 6mg I am numb to pain.

So I've been tapering. Have gone from 18mg to 2.5mg in 3 months. Today will be the first day at 2mg.

So most of the time when I make a drop after about 5-7 days when I fully adjust my lower dose feels stronger than the amount before the drop. Not every time but it's been probably 85% this happens. Yesterday I slept almost all day at 2.5 but this wasn't happening at 3mg. I'm fact it's so strong it's to much to enjoy. Hopefully I'll feel better at 2mg.

So I'm definitely in the less is more boat. Also I'm making a water solution. Never tried alcohol solution.

There is some evidence you don't need ethanolic solutions l.

Bupe is a weird one. Find the dose that works, which is often less

Idk. It looks like a misprint, because I took 6mg today and it had great analgesia. I'm still uncertain that small doses are better. However, I better think about continuing to try for 4mg and under because i will have more pills. However, other than hoarding, I see no reason to stockpile these. Well, maybe for a crisis natural disaster? One nice thing about the higher doses is that it is undeniably more sedating. With thc it is simply a miracle drug, with much of the analgesia of any powerful opioid, but with much better mood effects it seems. I am getting stuff done and noticed that when something falls, I can grab it out of mid-air! Like Mr. Miogi. Is that the Sub?? Lol g'nite BL :)

Hey CfZrx, if you can try to set aside at least enough so that you can still do a comfortable taper if suddenly cut off. You never know what the future holds, best to at least have a plan and the means if the shit ever hits the fan. Could be anything from a an asshole doctor, loss of insurance, loss of income, natural disaster, apocalypse, etc

I always try to stockpile at least one, if not three, month supply of whatever opioid I'm currently on.

So I've been tapering. Have gone from 18mg to 2.5mg in 3 months. Today will be the first day at 2mg.

So most of the time when I make a drop after about 5-7 days when I fully adjust my lower dose feels stronger than the amount before the drop. Not every time but it's been probably 85% this happens. Yesterday I slept almost all day at 2.5 but this wasn't happening at 3mg. I'm fact it's so strong it's to much to enjoy. Hopefully I'll feel better at 2mg.

So I'm definitely in the less is more boat. Also I'm making a water solution. Never tried alcohol solution.
Interesting! I suppose at some point I will drop back to 4mg and see if it feels better. I am so impressed with the analgesia at every dose I've tried. I've noticed the higher doses have a sedation that appeals to me. H2o huh? I sure hope I'm not wasting my time with this damn Everclear business! Lol. Have you noticed any analgesia effects at the different doses?

Hey CfZrx, if you can try to set aside at least enough so that you can still do a comfortable taper if suddenly cut off. You never know what the future holds, best to at least have a plan and the means if the shit ever hits the fan. Could be anything from a an asshole doctor, loss of insurance, loss of income, natural disaster, apocalypse, etc

I always try to stockpile at least one, if not three, month supply of whatever opioid I'm currently on.
That sounds scary! I thought Suboxone was a nonstop train? Please lord let the refills keep a comin! OK, I'll try to drop back to 4mg and stockpile for asshole doctor attacks. But 8 mg felt even better than 4!! Fuck.

Dude I feel you 100%, I too started using bupe up the nose back when they had the sublingual 8mg tablets that tasted horrid! To be fair they were absolutely shit for sublingual admin anyways because they'd create a lot of saliva which is detrimental to a bupe buzz via sublingual.

Once they switched over to the strips I tried snorting those for awhile and while it did work it was too time consuming and hard to do in certain situations so I gradually switched to sublingual and once I did I realized it truly is superior.

It sounds like your doing some experimentation, well as someone that's been doing that very thing for 10yrs let me lay out what I've found works best.

Biggest rule! Dose with as dry of a mouth as possible, and do no eat or drink for 1 to 1 1/2hrs after dosing. The best time is while your still sleeping or right when you get up as it will just sit there in a dry mouth unmoved giving it time to absorb. If you smoke cannabis, take it after you smoke and have a dry mouth. The goal is to maximize time it's sitting there.

This is so important, if I dose and forget then drink or eat something 30min later it strongly negates the effect and I'll go into wd after awhile.

Next is when you dose and how often you dose. I've tried everything from once a day to many times a day. Once and twice a day I found too up and down for me. Four times a day worked but I felt it was a bit too much, whereas 3 times a day feels perfect.

Here's how I dose these days, for the most part this has been my regimen for the past 4-5yrs.

1am: .25mg
8-9am: .5mg
1-4pm: .25mg

Its good to have the bulk of your dosage being in the morning/day as bupe can be energizing and having lower levels in your system at night.

Besides that, i can't say for pain but I just found overall I just enjoy life more on the lower dosage. It takes work to get there but once your there it feels good.

As your pain mgmt I'd suggest only dropping to 2-4mg depending.. Getting down to 1mg you definitely start to loose the analgesic effect but the euphoric stimulating aspect gets better once you adjust.

-GC

I have to second this advice. I have tried ethanol or water solutions. Never noticed a difference other then mistakingly ingesting some of the film.

Having a dry mouth works the best. The longer I can hold the strip in my mouth without having to swallow any of the medication the better it works.

When my mouth is extremely wet I sometimes have to take twice as much meds. I also find the best time is in the morning shortly after waking up as my mouth is really dry. I can hold a strip in for 30 minutes without even tasting the orange flavoring.

One of the newer bupe formulations uses a buccal strip that takes at least 30-40 minutes to completely dissolve. This formulations claims a higher obsorbtion rate. I believe this patented system works better because the drug slowly dissolves while completly obsorbing thus increasing the BA.

I have to second this advice. I have tried ethanol or water solutions. Never noticed a difference other then mistakingly ingesting some of the film.

Having a dry mouth works the best. The longer I can hold the strip in my mouth without having to swallow any of the medication the better it works.

When my mouth is extremely wet I sometimes have to take twice as much meds. I also find the best time is in the morning shortly after waking up as my mouth is really dry. I can hold a strip in for 30 minutes without even tasting the orange flavoring.

One of the newer bupe formulations uses a buccal strip that takes at least 30-40 minutes to completely dissolve. This formulations claims a higher obsorbtion rate. I believe this patented system works better because the drug slowly dissolves while completly obsorbing thus increasing the BA.
dave, do you also second his dosing advice? He is Using 1mg total per day.

dave, do you also second his dosing advice? He is Using 1mg total per day.
The lower the dose the better. 1 mg per day is not enough to hold me over but if that dose works for others then I see no reason to take more.

The lower the dose the better. 1 mg per day is not enough to hold me over but if that dose works for others then I see no reason to take more.
Have you noticed better pain management at low dose? Or just easier to stash millions of doses?

Guys, can you tell me which one is better, suboxone or bupe alone? I am thinking to jump from oxycodone to sub but was wondering which one would be better for depression? That is my main concern. In my country we don't have subutex or buprenorphine names. But we have Buccal Film that goes inside the mouth cheek and costs between $100-$150 per month. I do not care if it would be better for anxiety/depression since it has no naloxone in it. Suboxone is free under my insurance as is Butran (patches) and probuphine 80 mg but it gets implanted under the skin and lasts 6 months.

But my main concern is bupe with naloxone (suboxone) or/vs (BelBuca) Buccal film which is clean bupe?

Thanks

Hello! Today I was put on suboxone finally by a dr. But the night I got called in for the interview the next morning I had already taken a 50mgdose of methadone which is not regular in my opiate diet. I?m terrified of percipitated withdrawals but it?s been 30+ hrs. Is it safe to take the burpe? I?m in no withdrawals symptoms. Thank you -s.e.m

Also if I did by chance kick in percipitated wds is it true I could take a full dose of suboxone after in the pwds to get past it ?

Hello! Today I was put on suboxone finally by a dr. But the night I got called in for the interview the next morning I had already taken a 50mgdose of methadone which is not regular in my opiate diet. I?m terrified of percipitated withdrawals but it?s been 30+ hrs. Is it safe to take the burpe? I?m in no withdrawals symptoms. Thank you -s.e.m

No its not safe. This close after taking a 50mg dose of methadone when your feeling no withdrawls would very likely cause precipitated withdrawls if you took the sub now. They usually recommend waiting around 3 days after taking methadone and even them you shouldnt start subs until you are on around 30mg.

And if you do end in precipitated withdrawls, taking more subs eont help, you just have to wait it out until it ends....

To be safe I would probavky wait until the end of the week to start the subs now, or at the very least wait until you start to moderate withdrawl symptoms.

As I ponder which dose to request, I am faced with the warning from the
buddha against greed, hate, and delusion. I think 6 is fine.

As apocalypse_when said, it's very likely you'll experience precipitated withdrawals and it's be better if you could tapper down more
Check out the COWS score (https://www.mdcalc.com/cows-score-opiate-withdrawal), this'll help you know when you should be good to take the bupe

Guys, can you tell me which one is better, suboxone or bupe alone? I am thinking to jump from oxycodone to sub but was wondering which one would be better for depression? That is my main concern. In my country we don't have subutex or buprenorphine names. But we have Buccal Film that goes inside the mouth cheek and costs between $100-$150 per month. I do not care if it would be better for anxiety/depression since it has no naloxone in it. Suboxone is free under my insurance as is Butran (patches) and probuphine 80 mg but it gets implanted under the skin and lasts 6 months.

But my main concern is bupe with naloxone (suboxone) or/vs (BelBuca) Buccal film which is clean bupe?

Thanks

Subutex was discontinued as a brand name medication back in 2011. In the U.S it is now just known as generic bupe but every one still calls it subutex.

Makes no difference between suboxone or pure bupe other then the dosages provided. BelBuca would be a maximum of 1mg. Sub would be maximum of 8-12 mg in one strip. I would go with low dose sub.

Last edited:
Have you noticed better pain management at low dose? Or just easier to stash millions of doses?
Stashing meds would depend on the dose prescribed and the dose taken. Yes I have noticed better pain manegment at doses of 4 mg or less compared to higher doses.