• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Supporting relapsing addict

Sorry, you didn't get it. I used the quotation marks because it is a line from a Ministry song, Just One Fix, I believe. Off the album Psalm 69, Unfortunately that line does address the cold hard reality of many active users being liars. When I was a drunk lying from me was common, I regret that. But it is true. Active users( I am including myself when I drank, tend to be liars among other things)
I believe in cold hard truths; not rehab touchy feely bullshit. Honesty is the best policy, most of the time. Lol

Last edited:
you are right, but I was just making a point about people( myself included when I had a horrible alcohol problem) who active users.
"Never trust anyone, junkies lie about using sometimes"

From my personal song, fuk tha world
sometimes?

Idk man people are people.

Bottom line is we're all pieces of shit compared to what society thinks we should be.

And I mean all.

No one can live up to the standard of paying $19 a month to help dying dogs like fuck off w those god damn commercials I swear to God man

I would have no problem paying $19 a month, but whom I give money to, is my business.
Idk man people are people.

Bottom line is we're all pieces of shit compared to what society thinks we should be.

And I mean all.

No one can live up to the standard of paying $19 a month to help dying dogs like fuck off w those god damn commercials I swear to God man
I am not the only one who could come up with $19 a month. Lol

This isn't entirely about you, but okay cool you can afford $19 congratulations

This is why I have major beef with the 12-step model (well, just ONE reason out of a whole fucking smorgasbord).
Because within that model, any deviance from total and absolute sobriety is MASSIVELY shamed and blown up into a big issue. It's taken to such extremes that in fact one single instance of indulgence means all your progress up to that point counts for naught and you're regarded as being right back to square one. You go six months without drinking then have a couple beers? FAIL AND START OVER.
Also, those couple beers will be regarded as equally bad as a week-long bender because you 'touched alcohol' .
This unrealistic perfectionism just practically invites someone who had a drink or two to go on that week-long bender, because hey you failed to be PERFECT and you already fucked up your 'sober record' now, FUCK IT might as will go all-out as it's all the same.

That system has self-sabotage built right into it. And THEN they wonder about the dismal 3-5% retention rate in those programmes...
That's not really how it's viewed in 12 step programs, maybe some ppl treat it that way, but a good group doesn't. I mean if all you are doing is counting days, then yeah, you gotta "start over". But anyone that's actually working the steps knows that progress is made in every length of sobriety, regardless if you have a slip or not. It's not shamed to have a slip. I mean, it's discouraged, because for most addicts/alcoholics, when you have one slip it's very easy to get back into ripping and running and not giving a fuck and spiraling out of control.

I actually agree but at the same time, " Never trust a junkie"
That's kinda rude. Not all us "junkies" are untrustworthy. I hold alot of secrets for people and would help anyone.
Never stole and really don't lie.
Some of your attitudes (we must all share needles, untrustworthy) are not helpful to people who feel shame already.

Not all us "junkies" are untrustworthy
Hear, hear!
I stand with you as one.
Poster musta never got to that point so maybe they are in a position to "overshadow"...?
Aight lemme get out o' here.
Peace

Yeah, a couple dramatic comments I made on this page while not in the best headspace.

That's kinda rude. Not all us "junkies" are untrustworthy. I hold alot of secrets for people and would help anyone.
Never stole and really don't lie.
Some of your attitudes (we must all share needles, untrustworthy) are not helpful to people who feel shame already.
When did I say all share needles? Where is that? I have concern for one person and you claim I said something I never did. Why are you going after me and saying I said something, that I didn't? Why did you say I said that you all share needles? I never said that.

Last edited:
In other post where people have mentioned partners relapsing or me shooting you have jumped to using others needles

I have never been mean or stabbed you in the back. Never have I talked shit about you, ever

I am never attacked you, show me where, I did that I would have gone after them and stood up for you. I never said anything bad or talked behind your back, ever. I don't do shit like that.

I was concerned for one woman's safety because her boyfriend started shooting drugs and you lie and say I said all IV drug users share needles, never. I also never talked shit about you or mentioned you in any negative way

I never said you attacked me and i don't ant to hijack this thread with foolishness , i just pointed out that you have said sharing needles and we're all untrustworthy. We feel enough shame already and labeling everyone as bad people is not helping anyone.
I'm done with this conversation, i never had and don't have a problem with you, i just dislike blanket statements on a group of people