• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Supplement that prevents opiate tolerance

Not sure, there were studies about it some time ago Pub Med:

Abstract
AIM:
To study the effects of agmatine on tolerance to and dependence on morphine.
METHODS:
Inhibitory effects of agmatine on tolerance to and substance dependence on morphine were observed in mouse tolerant models and in mouse jumping test, respectively.
RESULTS:
Agmatine 0.125-2.5 mg.kg-1 prevented the development of tolerant to morphine in a dose-dependent manner. Pretreatment of mice with morphine induced an over 3-fold increase in analgesic ED50 (20.1, 14.4-28.0 mg.kg-1) than those with normal saline (6.3, 5.1-7.8 mg.kg-1). Pretreatment of mice with both of agmatine and morphine made morphine loss the ability to induce tolerance. Withdrawal jumps and loss in body weight induced by naloxone in morphine-dependent mice were prevented by agmatine (2.5-10 mg.kg-1) in a dose-dependent manner. ED50 of naloxone (21.4, 18.4-24 mg.kg-1) required to precipitate withdrawal jumps in mice pretreated with both agmatine and morphine was 8 times higher than that with morphine alone (2.5, 2.1-2.8 mg.kg-1). These effects of agmatine were blocked by idazoxan.
CONCLUSION:
Agmatine prevented tolerance to and substance dependence on morphine in mice by activation of imidazoline receptors.

IDRA-21 is strongest in comparison would that be a better choice?

As a wonderer, it does seem like it helps tolerance with meth and Kratom/opioids now that you mention it. I wouldn't exactly use the word "reset" but it does seem to have some kind of effect. Is there any Science behind this?
I've noticed it also. With cannabis also.

I could be proven wrong and made to look like a fool, but I'm going to call early bullshit on this enterprise.

There are innumerable substances out there which effect not only tolerance, but bioavailability and so forth for not only Opioids, but nearly every drug can be effected in these ways to some degree. I can tell you that Cimetidine will potentiate the effects of Methadone but at what, a 15% increase at most? Sure, this is clinically significant. Anyone who has experienced Opioid addiction already knows where this is going. You're now taking a powerful antacid everyday, doing god knows what to the flora and function of your guts and body in the process for this 15% increase. That increase may or may not even be noticeable. And, even if all else goes well, you'll still be addicted to Opioids. After 3 days with your increase, you'll just have a new tolerance to deal with and the need to take Cimetidine every day for the rest of your addiction.

There are likewise plenty of substances out there, herbs, pharmaceuticals, foods anon that can prevent or slow tolerance. We are aware of this. There is plenty of data to suggest that myriad substances can slow the progression of tolerance or even reduce it, however, you're still looking at a 10%-15% difference with the majority of these. It's slowing tolerance, but in the end, will it really matter if you're taking Opioids? It just strikes me as extra work and nonsense that might be better invested into more stable solutions to the problem.

I'll believe it when I see it. An Opioid or any other drug getting someone high without producing tolerance, ill mental effects or whatever is not something I've ever heard of. I guess my point is that slowing the progression of these things is not actually a solution to anything. Like I said, I'll totally admit if I'm wrong, but I truly believe this is likely nonsense.

I could be proven wrong and made to look like a fool, but I'm going to call early bullshit on this enterprise.

There are innumerable substances out there which effect not only tolerance, but bioavailability and so forth for not only Opioids, but nearly every drug can be effected in these ways to some degree. I can tell you that Cimetidine will potentiate the effects of Methadone but at what, a 15% increase at most? Sure, this is clinically significant. Anyone who has experienced Opioid addiction already knows where this is going. You're now taking a powerful antacid everyday, doing god knows what to the flora and function of your guts and body in the process for this 15% increase. That increase may or may not even be noticeable. And, even if all else goes well, you'll still be addicted to Opioids. After 3 days with your increase, you'll just have a new tolerance to deal with and the need to take Cimetidine every day for the rest of your addiction.

There are likewise plenty of substances out there, herbs, pharmaceuticals, foods anon that can prevent or slow tolerance. We are aware of this. There is plenty of data to suggest that myriad substances can slow the progression of tolerance or even reduce it, however, you're still looking at a 10%-15% difference with the majority of these. It's slowing tolerance, but in the end, will it really matter if you're taking Opioids? It just strikes me as extra work and nonsense that might be better invested into more stable solutions to the problem.

I'll believe it when I see it. An Opioid or any other drug getting someone high without producing tolerance, ill mental effects or whatever is not something I've ever heard of. I guess my point is that slowing the progression of these things is not actually a solution to anything. Like I said, I'll totally admit if I'm wrong, but I truly believe this is likely nonsense.

Not to mention Tagamet can give you gyno if you take it too much. I also learned the hard way not to be taking it alongside antidepressants, too. But the gut flora thing is a good point too.

To sum up where i think you are getting at, all in all, potentiators are still going to lead to tolerance if you take them regularly, except now you're gonna have a tolerance to two separate substances. You'd be better off just to accept the tolerance of one. Unless you actually found one that would have a really significant decrease, like Proglumide. But nobody can find that stuff anywhere, so it doesn't even matter lol

I've yet to find one that made a huge difference. Other than Promethazine. But even then I dont know if id call it a *huge* difference. But definitely much more pronounced than DXM/WGFJ/Tagamet etc. Of course, the only good antihistamine out there is the one that *isn't* over the counter. Go figure.

Last edited: