• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Supplement that prevents opiate tolerance

soupynoodle

Greenlighter
I've seen a few people on reddit say that there was a supplement that would be widespread in 6 months; it's allegedly still being tested at the moment. It is said to be taken alongside opiates to prevent tolerance and addiction. So theoretically, one could be opiated all day every day without "losing the magic." It sounds too good to be true, but I wouldn't be surprised considering modern medicine technology. Have any of you heard of something like this? If this is true, no one will ever be sad again lol

I've seen a few people on reddit say that there was a supplement that would be widespread in 6 months; it's allegedly still being tested at the moment. It is said to be taken alongside opiates to prevent tolerance and addiction. So theoretically, one could be opiated all day every day without "losing the magic." It sounds too good to be true, but I wouldn't be surprised considering modern medicine technology. Have any of you heard of something like this? If this is true, no one will ever be sad again lol
If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

I once read Agmatine ... has shown to moderate tolerance; although - this was sometime ago, don't know the current studies.

preventing opioid tolerance nmda antagonists help alot my favorite is memantine dxm and magnesium being one be careful on the dxm dose especially if taken over a period of time magnesium isn't as strong of one but its a good addition and its good for you many people have magnesium deficiency magnesium oxide is junk even though its cheaper it is very poorly absorbed so your wasting your money anyways
yes I did also read about a non-addictive opioid also it had similarities with the uldn treatment (ultra low dose naltrexone) and I mean low 1 microgram to 10 micrograms im prescribed naltrexone so im going to make some up diluted in distilled water and dosing with a hypodermic needle taken orally just need a better measurement than the oral syringes .
If I come across the opioid your probably talking about I can PM you from what I read should have bookmarked it lol it's an opiate agonist and isn't abused which is a good thing many people are hooked on opiates that they need for medical reasons

preventing opioid tolerance nmda antagonists help alot my favorite is memantine dxm and magnesium being one be careful on the dxm dose especially if taken over a period of time magnesium isn't as strong of one but its a good addition and its good for you many people have magnesium deficiency magnesium oxide is junk even though its cheaper it is very poorly absorbed so your wasting your money anyways
yes I did also read about a non-addictive opioid also it had similarities with the uldn treatment (ultra low dose naltrexone) and I mean low 1 microgram to 10 micrograms im prescribed naltrexone so im going to make some up diluted in distilled water and dosing with a hypodermic needle taken orally just need a better measurement than the oral syringes .
If I come across the opioid your probably talking about I can PM you from what I read should have bookmarked it lol it's an opiate agonist and isn't abused which is a good thing many people are hooked on opiates that they need for medical reasons

ok yeah if you can find it, PM me please :). Yeah, I know dxm and magnesium will help; it's just the way people were talking about it it sounded like a medication was being made specifically for the use of opiate tolerance, like a patented medicine or something. Probably prescription

chewing ashwaghanda root can help prevent tolerance building. Some say even reduce it. It's a mild anxiolytic too. The opiod part has to do with the NMDA receptor (ant?)agonism, Chewed it all during my kratom years, seemed to work. I didnt notice as much after my accident and pharms.

I take about 1g of agmatine daily (its in many workout supplements) and I am fairly certain it has no effect on tolerance of any kind of substance I use.

Not sure, there were studies about it some time ago Pub Med:

Abstract
AIM:
To study the effects of agmatine on tolerance to and dependence on morphine.
METHODS:
Inhibitory effects of agmatine on tolerance to and substance dependence on morphine were observed in mouse tolerant models and in mouse jumping test, respectively.
RESULTS:
Agmatine 0.125-2.5 mg.kg-1 prevented the development of tolerant to morphine in a dose-dependent manner. Pretreatment of mice with morphine induced an over 3-fold increase in analgesic ED50 (20.1, 14.4-28.0 mg.kg-1) than those with normal saline (6.3, 5.1-7.8 mg.kg-1). Pretreatment of mice with both of agmatine and morphine made morphine loss the ability to induce tolerance. Withdrawal jumps and loss in body weight induced by naloxone in morphine-dependent mice were prevented by agmatine (2.5-10 mg.kg-1) in a dose-dependent manner. ED50 of naloxone (21.4, 18.4-24 mg.kg-1) required to precipitate withdrawal jumps in mice pretreated with both agmatine and morphine was 8 times higher than that with morphine alone (2.5, 2.1-2.8 mg.kg-1). These effects of agmatine were blocked by idazoxan.
CONCLUSION:
Agmatine prevented tolerance to and substance dependence on morphine in mice by activation of imidazoline receptors.

recent studies show gingerols in ginger extracts prevent the development of opioid tolerance in mice, ive been using it, works well. Turmeric, black seed oil are all very helpful potentiaters. Syrian rue or another harmine containing plant work wonders for tapering. I've used this method to go from 20+ to 4g daily, im jumping off tommorow, i have little to no pain.

I have taken part to a Cebranopadol aka GRT6005 study and that works on ORL1 receptors instead of standard opioid receptors.

That was miraculous for the nerve pain. I could not sense any old pain that related to my condition but it did nothing for any new pain so I could for example feel when I hit my toe to door and the toenail was about to go off after few moments.

I had similar accident while on oxycodone and I did not feel the pain in my toe after few seconds and noticed that I was bleeding only after I noticed bloodprints on the floor.

Also I did not notice any euphoria with that although I tried double and quadruple dose once.

Wonder drug for me atleast but some might think that having no euphoria is a downside.

Euphoria is a desire a good thing that is often appreciated. It´s part of our nature similar to endorphin, a natural and welcome hormone that we our body produces so that we can live our lives accordingly.

In pain management euphoria may be the lack of pain you are aiming. So it depends a lot on the context.

I have also notice the lack of euphoria when taking oxys for breakthrough pain. Even in higher dosages.