View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Super easy Amanita preparation guide

crOOk

Bluelighter
This is how you potentiate fresh Amanitas by a factor of 3-5, thereby eliminating most of the side effects attributed to consuming them.

The dose of mushroom, (muscimol) is in my experience related to the amount of side effects, specifically sweating, hypersalivation and muscle twitches. This may be due to muscarine intake scaling linearly with the amount of mushroom consumed.

That is why you want the highest concentration of muscimol possible which can be achieved by converting all of the ibotenic acid to muscimol. We catalyze the decarboxylation with heat in an acidic environment.

I have no idea how this information could not be available anywhere online. All other methods of preparation have yielded weak and wide effect laden products for me.

-Cover fresh or dried mushrooms (it really doesn't matter) with water.
-Adjust pH to 2, ideally with HCl
-Boil for 5 hours. There will be some foam, so make sure your pot is large enough!
-Filter, then strain off.
-Reduce liquid volume by further boiling if you don't like the taste or want to preserve the tea (proportionally less alcohol needed for lower volumes).
-Finally, adjust pH back to drinkable level with sodium carbonate (bicarbonate works as well), ideally 7, but you can just use your sense of taste. I like it a little sour.
-Get some high proof booze (I use 160 proof) and add enough to yield 25% ethanol in the final product. For me that is a mixture of 2 parts tea to one part 160 proof.

I use fresh mushrooms. It really is no issue. That way you can use even the nastiest, bug-ridden and wettest of mushrooms you find. Saves the process of drying and makes bugs a non-issue. Plus, you save on the water bill. :D

The less water, the less table salt will be in the final preparation.
It's best to use an amount of water that will seem to little, then wait an hour, add some more until the mushrooms are just covered.

Keep in mind you will consume the salt of the acid and base used. HCl and Sodium Carbonate are ideal, resulting in a relatively low amount of NaCl, but you can use other acids/bases. It depends on which ions you want in there. They modify the taste and have different effects on health.
Buy the HCl (hardware store or pharmacy) and convert sodium bicarbonate (available in grocery stores) to carbonate by throwing the powder in a pot and heating it until it looks different from the original powder. Easy Peasy.

The finer the cloth you use for straining, the better. Make sure to strain off every last bit of solid in there. This will significantly reduce nausea!!

The drink will be a bit slimy. I usually adjust it to roughly 20ml per mushroom which is plenty for a low dose. If I want to get absolutely wrecked I drink 100ml. And I mean absolutely fucking wrecked!
Amanitas are very weak where I live and have actually belonged in the local cuisine for hundreds of years when other food was sparse. I'm not big fan of mushroom meals, but taste-wise these are among my favorites. I used to eat up to 50 dried caps with underwhelming effects before working this recipe out.

Remember this shit is much stronger than dried mushrooms so start low and work your way up.

If you are anything like me you will absolutely love low doses for social gatherings as a booze replacement and want to keep as much product as possible to last for the year, so make sure to collect the shit out of these wonderful gifts of mother nature.

God I love autumn.

Hell yeah!

A trippy model is in the making to shine some mechanical light on the alchemy.
I'm sure the sweating must be muscarine.
I have had no sweating with a poorly thermally decarboxylized berserker dose.
Barring random variation, this suggests muscarine degrades significantly over time.
Had this stash lying around for about a year.

Wasson is right, this thing ? is unmistakably Soma.

But so what's also striking about this mushroom is how the effects vary by method of preparation (on top of by ritual of ingestion). Looking for ways around a broken oven, I tried decarboxylizing behind the front window of a car during the recent heat waves. Some UV passes through glass though, there might have been conversion of ibotenic acid into muscazone. I suspect this moved the experience towards the psychedelic spectrum. So the shock wave of my latest trip can probably be explained in terms of the sectors of psychedelia, dissociation and delirium triangulating. The whole Universe got deconstructed before I could even consider urophagia or other trickery.

There's so much science to be done here, indeed, where's all the information!? Should be lots more of it!

Last edited:
So you're saying muscazone might contribute to the psychedelic effects? I shall "filter with sunlight" then I guess. ;)

Has some mushroom logic (aka Togic) to it, doesn't it?

Like how MXE and alcohol mixes into muscimol, lol.

I'm kidding, the model I'm working with hinges upon more than mere word play.

Just bloody overwhelmed by all the possibilities this thing opens up.

But just to be clear, I mean muscazone is the psychedelic component contributing to the hallucinogenic effect.
Amanita Muscaria spans the dissociative, psychedelic, and deliriant spaces, which basically triangulates your mind into an extra spatial dimension.

I've written a lot more about this behind the scenes, but people just seem baffled and distressed by the details, I need to figure out other means of science quality control.

Last edited:
Which thing? I don't think I can follow. :D

God this most recent brew is even stronger than the last two. My wife had 40ml and had her vision fucked before she even fell asleep.

Does anyone here ever not fall asleep on the comeup?

The Amanita Muscaria Thing! It's the Swiss army knife of the fungi!!

That's the function the muscarine serves. Too much, and you're too lively (sweating etc..), too little and the muscimol cuddle blanket gets you.

BTW when I put quotes around the "filter with sunlight" I was referring to the celestial filter mentioned in the Rig Veda.

Our ancestors seemed to attribute some importance on drying Soma in the sunlight.

I only realized the Musc-Ozone wordplay after reading your last post btw. Good one though.

I can't say I've ever really experienced any major psychedelic component myself. Maybe I haven't taken enough lol. I doubt it. It must either be the material, the preparation (done it all) or my body. The influence of the latter is not to be underestimated

However, since a lot of people seem to have had experiences of comparable intensity that were of distinctly different quality I assume the former two explanations more plausible (material and preparation) - especially the material since I've been preparing them with different methods almost every single year in the past 19 years.

Judging by the ancient writings the time of the year during which the Soma is picked plays a crucial role in the quality of the experience.

All the fly agaric I've picked myself was picked in October or November. That would explain why I have not experienced any major psychedelic effects.

The sun lights intensity and duration are at their highest in summertime.
Maybe we coul facilitate more pronounced psychedelic effects with artificial UV light.

Has this been tried? However unlikely it may seem, experiments have usually paid out in the past. I for example tried boiling the mushrooms in alkaline water as well before coming to the conclusion: The lower the pH, the better.

This goes solely for potency though which behaves antiproportional to the muscarine dose which has significant influence on the side effect profile.

If I could influence the quality of the experience with UV light I'd be golden. I might just try it on the current ready-to-eat brew.

Are you saying I won't fall asleep on low doses? For me the chance to fall asleep grows with the strength of the experience. I either never had enough (which I strongly doubt) or something else keeps me from becoming stimulated. By the way I become very stimulated after I wake up which usually takes an hour or two.

I'm after the psychedelic experience. I feel I'm getting nowhere.

Failed experiments just motivate me more though. It took me years of trials to work out suitable doses for (MDMA+)dissociative+psychedelic IV shots. Can't shoot MDMA more often than on a yearly basis and even that means irreversebly destroying part of my brain function, so I usually limited myself to the latter.
I've also shot antihistamine at deliriant doses, I just really like tripping.

Now what's left on my list is Iboga (it may sound surprising coming for me, but it'd be plain irresponsible towards my family due to the risk of qt interval prolongation) and Amanita.

I want to have my world torn to shreds by them.

Do you get muscle twitches at all? I do on moderate or larger doses. It's really bad, I'll drop anything I touch. Often more than once before even being able to move something from A to B.

EDIT: Wait, am I sleeping through the psychedelic effects?

Shit's complicated, man.

Muscle twitches is either the ibotenic acid or the muscarine... (coming down from an expanded state right now, I can't summon my model..)

You can ask the mushroom yourself how to do it if you do the shamanic ritual (hey if it's stupid and it works it ain't stupid!) and drink your own piss. But if you're working with alcohol elixirs you'd be drinking ethanal, I don't think that would work.

You're working now with a dissociative component that's always amplified, muscimol + alcohol.
So have you ever tried to combine it with weed?
THC amplifies the psychedelic component, if there's any, and/or it somewhat cancels out the ibotenic acid.
Maybe try a combo with 2C-D? That should neutralize the alcohol, so you get the final point of the Tetrahedron of insight.

Sorry if this adds to the confusion, it's all I got for today. What an act, gute nacht!

But then there's probably still one final step missing before it'll shred your world.

You'll need some sort of crooked widget to tap into the ritual aspect of it.

Earth always drinks its own urine through the global hydrologic cycling, ya see?

Take your lunatic advice and shove it up your ass, I hear you think?

We can work with that idea!

Unless the amanita psychoactives aren't rectally active..

?

Nono, don't shove them. I just read your posts.:D

I stayed away because this is a rough timeline of what happened last night. It's among the worst thing I've ever seen happen to anyone in drugs (and I've seen a lot):

T+0:00
My wife took 1.5 caps (as tea, no alcohol) at 6:40pm.

T+1:00
She gets a manageable amount of nausea.

T+1:30
Dozing off.

T+1:45
Fast asleep.

T+3:15
Afraid she would sleep through the best part, I wake her up (big mistake) and ask her if she's high, feeling happy for her. She answers she is not high (when she clearly was lol).
I go to the restroom, leave the door open and ask her if she had dreamt. Answer: "Naaah. I was just dreaming." :D
She then proceeds to mumble some shit I didn't understand. She talks a lot while sleeping, so this wasn't very unsettling.
I joked around a little before she stopped mumbling different things and instead got stuck saying one word: "Mohn" (sounds like the English word 'moan').

T+3:25
"Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan." She can't control it anymore. Her muscles are twitching like crazy. At one point I get genuinely worried that she is having a convulsion. Her while body was in spasms.
She doesn't know what's going on.
"MOOAAAN"

Over the course of the next 3 hours her muscles keep going into spasms. There were highly frequent cycles of waves going through her body - starting in her legs, then her tummy (self-reportedly so), ging to her arms, then her face, resulting in her uttering the word 'moan'. Rinse repeat. For three hours straight.

I comforted her, eventhough this was highly unsettling to me.

During her attempts to say a sentence she would usually say 'moan' at least 5 times. It went on for three hours.

At one point she petted an invisible dog on her stomach.

She reports feeling good despite the tics and muscle spasms. Eventually her legs started hurting. She kept saying she is exhausted. But more than anything else she kept saying 'MOAN'.

At times she became worried - panicked - that this will last. I talk her out of it. It's just the drug. I had no idea what happened to her brain though when she seemed like she had a short convulsion. I was worried sick.

I moan moan want to say moan no control moan I can't MOAN stop what moan moan what is happening MOAN.

When she relaxed it became slightly less intense, but she constantly kept uttering that same word and there were highly frequent outbursts of spasms and 'moan'.

T+6:10
She can't smoke pot since it makes her depressed, but the situation called for it. Her symptoms were so Tourette-like. Like a really severe text book case of it actually. We smoked two joints. The waves decreased in intensity

T+6:40
She sinks off into another 20min of sleep.

T+7:00
She awakes again. I wait for the word. Nothing. She opens her mouth and says "It's gone"

T+12:00
She is a able to sleep it off.

T+16:00
When she awakes for a third time all residual effects are gone.

Throughout the entire post-nausea experience he kept stressing she felt great, except for:
-The pain from her continuous muscle spasms.
-The mental distress of not being able to speak without saying 'moan' without meaning what the word meant.

She actually kept wondering if she could repeat the experience without suffering the Tourette-like side effects.

This was from a measely two caps. Like I mentioned before, I've taken up to 50 caps without any major effects in the past years.

What I could gather from this:

-The muscle spasms are a central (brain) problem since they happened at the same time as the verbal symptoms. It seemed almost like a case of very limited complex focal epilepsy. Whenever the spasms got worse, the vocalizations got more intense as well.

-Muscarine does not pass the blood brain barrier.
-There were no peripheral effects like sweating or hypersalivation
-She only took two caps. There couldn't have been that much muscarine in her body.

The Umami taste is not present in the brew. There couldn't have been any significant amount of ibotenic acid left. The massive increase in potency supports that notion.

I conclude that the twitching must be either due to muscimol itself or some other pharmacologically active substance.

This was a fucking nightmare.

Oh and yes, I've combined it with weed before. I smoke a little weed every night before going to sleep, so the effects aren't that pronounced. I used it a lot to attenuate the onset nausea.

Before combining the drug with any other major psychedelics I want to experience it on its own. With all the high dose IV psychedelic+dissociative, I may have just become really insensitive to psychedelia. While my wife did not call the effects psychedelic, the petting of an invisible dog painted a pretty clear picture of the deliriant aspects. She also had a dream early on that kept repeating as a theme throughout the experience.

I've had lots of preparations without ethanol. This one for example. I will only add the alcohol for preservation purposes today.

Combinations can be powerful, but I have strong doubts that 7g of alcohol will do much of anything, especially since the (barely noticeable) effects have faded after an hour or two. Maybe that is the missing step.

I will get an LED UV lamp next and will expose the brew to it for a few days. We will see if that changes things.

Can you please elaborate?

While I like just being high, I'm always after the religious experience.

I'm willing to endure dozens of negative or uneventful experiences for that one experience that changes my outlook on life and death. That's what I seek and if a widget can get me there I will try. Maybe it's really a matter of set and setting.

Last edited:
While I like just being high, I'm always after the religious experience.

I'm willing to endure dozens of negative or uneventful experiences for that one experience that changes my outlook on life and death. That's what I seek and if a widget can get me there I will try. Maybe it's really a matter of set and setting.

EDIT: Ironically, muscimol had been briefly researched as a treatment for epilepsy, when my wife's a episode mimicked both epilepsy and tic diseases like Tourette.

By the way, she is grateful to have gotten a glimpse of what it is like to suffer severe tic diseases. Gotta look on the bright side. :D

Wow crOOk, ive read so much of your posts and know you are well equipped, that sounds a pretty tough night.

I also notice you persisted to find decent activity with Amanitas. Do you think they are worth it compared to everything else on offer? They tended to be a bit of a unicorn not in availability but actual results from the shitty processes or lack of.

I had numerous in possession years ago but gsve them and my site away as the whole process seems too unchartered and undocumented

Whoohoo! Hit the jackpot with the hunt today! Had trouble carrying the basket back to base!!

I picked up some rotten ones as well this time, but I don't think the maggots are giving me time to shop around for acids and bases. I have citric acid lying around, but I suppose that doesn't count? I'm thinking about just boiling it down to a pulp and add vodka. Any quick advice on any alternative options perhaps?

Whoohoo! Hit the jackpot with the hunt today! Had trouble carrying the basket back to base!!

I picked up some rotten ones as well this time, but I don't think the maggots are giving me time to shop around for acids and bases. I have citric acid lying around, but I suppose that doesn't count? I'm thinking about just boiling it down to a pulp and add vodka. Any quick advice on any alternative options perhaps?
Nice, I'm happy to hear you had a good day hunting. :)
You should be able to get the pH to round about 3 with citric acid. I would say add just a little bit and start boiling, then get a stronger acid in the next few days and pick up where you left. In the meantime the heat should've killed off most bugs. In my experience a pH of 4 was still more effective than boiling in pH neutral water, but there wasn't that much more happening below 3, so you might just settle for that.

Too much sodium citrate should cause the product to taste soapy though, so go easy on the acid. I'd recommend getting some HCl.

Wow crOOk, ive read so much of your posts and know you are well equipped, that sounds a pretty tough night.

I also notice you persisted to find decent activity with Amanitas. Do you think they are worth it compared to everything else on offer? They tended to be a bit of a unicorn not in availability but actual results from the shitty processes or lack of.

I had numerous in possession years ago but gsve them and my site away as the whole process seems too unchartered and undocumented
Yeah I've found myself in some really shitty situations and am usually the guy people call when they need someone to drag them out of whatever drug related shoot they got themselves into. Psychosis, last talk before suicide, overdose or sepsis. I can't do shit about most of it, but I'm the go to guy since I've learned to keep my cool. This month a buddy called me to tell me he is going to kill 2-3 cocaine dealers today (I handled it pretty well until he finally admitted himself the next day).

I sound a bit full of myself, but that's ok since I don't have that much else to show for. :D

What I'm trying to say though is that I don't panic easily and even if I do I've learned not to let it show when others are in more distress than me.

Regarding your question, I really can't tell you if it's worth it. From what I have seen so far it might not be if you're seeking a breakthrough experience, but then there are people who say it's possible.

I really enjoy low doses and those are definitely worth it if you like to get buzzed. :)

Last edited:
Thanks crook! I don't spend enough time in the passenger's seat so to speak, pretty cool being guided along the Amanita path.

Pot's boiling and I've added some citric acid, but I realize I don't have any means of measuring pH, and I don't feel up for tasting maggot water.. could have picked even more rotten shroom, but the gagging at the sight of the creeping black dots inside the gills wasn't worth it with the harvest being as sizable as it is.

I'm simultaneously trying out a new crappy oven at the moment. Stalks first, not much at stake there with their low potency. I hope the oven works, because for science's sake I don't want everything unavoidably paired with alcohol, as much as I love your formula (could be the new Kykeon!). But worst case I can throw everything in the maggot pot.