• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Subtext precipitated wds

Damoxy

Greenlighter
I'm new to this but would like to know will I get precipitated wds if I take tramadol before subs. Can't find the answer. I'm on 120 mg of oxy and want to do a short sub taper. I just need to know whether tramadol will cause prec. Wds

Nope, tramadol before buprenorphine will not cause precipitated withdrawal. Tramadol won't be an issue, although oxycodone will. Wait 12-24hrs minimum after last dose of oxycodone before taking any buprenorphine/Suboxone/Subutex.

Thanks. Yes I know to wait after oxy. Do. You know if the same applies to immodium? Thanks alot for replying

Buprenorphine/Suboxone/Subutex does not cause precipitated withdrawal if taken after loperamide/Immodium either.

Good luck!

Just to jump in real fast, I'd wait a bit longer for oxy before taking subs. For H 12-24 works for most people (though I'd go closer to 24 than 12) but oxy I'd go 24 hours since last dose at the minimum. My rule of thumb is wait until the w/d has you squirming, and that is the right time to take your subs.

Edit: But to concur with others, Tramadol does not seem to interact with buprenorphine in regards to precip. w/d's and I've confirmed that in my own "laboratory". You can take your trams as you wish prior to taking your subs.

Last edited:
If this is your first time getting on the suboxone you should wait until you feel mild to moderate withdrawal before you even think about taking any.

But if you are already stable on suboxone you do not have to wait for 12-24 hours, I've gotten away with -6 hours before and was perfectly fine.

-Stay safe

Why do you guys think it is impossible for bupe to cause pwd in people using tramadol? Depending on the dose and duration, it very well could happen.

Hmm, that is interesting to hear about Tramadol not being susceptible to precipitated withdrawal from bupe. I will have to look into that. If it's true, I wish I'd known it last week when I went through precipitated withdrawals after only waiting 12 hours after heroin. Would it have been possible to maintain on Tramadol for a couple days between the heroin and bupe and have no problem at all?

I can confirm it with my experience - I've taken subs after tramadol on numerous occasions. I don't know why it doesn't trigger pwd - if tramadol is plugged into the opioid receptor the bupe should knock it out.

I should point out that I get 0 noticeable effects from tramadol at any dose, so that may have something to do with it. Your mileage may very well vary.

I think that has a lot to do with it Phil. If you abused stronger mu agonists, the effects of tramadol and wd from it are probably little to none. But if someone is only using tram in large doses, I can see it happening. Would be interested to see any data saying otherwise.

I still lounge. Sometimes I just dont have anything to say there. It comes and goes.

Never had problems with Tramadol and I am very sensitive to precip wd, especially with transdermal Fent. Yes, I wear my patches!

I don't believe that higher dosages of tramadol would lead to precipitated withdrawal. Precipitated withdrawal only happens when you're using traditional full or partial agonist opioids. Even in doses of 1200mg, tramadol didn't give me any problems when starting bupe. I did also find that if I already had bupe in my system, and then were to use heroin and then use bupe again like 8-12hrs later, I wouldn't have any precipitated withdrawal from the heroin. If I was high on heroin, even if I already had bupe in my system, reintroducing it during the heroin high would probably created some precip withdrawal.

Sorry to bump but can't find an answer nor an explanation to this.

If I am on bupe maintainence and take two days off to try heroin once. What pw will I feel. Thanks

I don't think you will feel any PWD cos you are taking that heroin AFTER the bupe in this case 48hrs after your last dose......what dose Bupe are you on atm?
Be careful about any possible drop in your opiate tolerance before you go banging up what you think is your full ag Heroin dose. Take care.

Last edited:
^
it really depends on the dose you are jumping off in my experience. PWD's are the worst by the way like tremendous physical pain , I was literally screaming for hours.

Thanks. Yes I've had pws before. In desperation I took 50mg naltrexone only an hour after iv heroin. I have had more enjoyable experiences.

I am on 4 mg
I know quite a lot but was confused ad to what would happen

Have you guys experience in going to and fro? I'd love t

Sorry.....I'd lobe to hear these experiences. Also what dose would I have to be at to smoke a 0.1 and feel it. Thanks again. Take care