• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone

Binky7766

Bluelighter
I have been tapering off suboxone strips for a few months. I have gone from 16 mgs down to 4mgs. I have 2 questions:

1. If I have one “cheat” day, where I take a small amount extra, do I have to start the taper process all over again or can I just resume from where I was?
2. I’ve heard that the jump from 2 mgs down to 1mg is brutal (& same for the jump from 1 mg to nothing). I plan on cutting the strip down into little pieces at the very end to try to alleviate discomfort. Has anyone successfully completed the withdrawal from THIS drug. I’ve already been through withdrawal from Oxycodone, so I don’t need to know about that or any other drug. I’m curious about this alleged brutal withdrawal on those particular parts of the drop in milligrams.

I respectfully ask that if you’re not certain of the answer, please not reply. Sometimes I’ve noticed that peeps will get off topic & spin off into non-related conversations with each other in my comment thread. It’s makes things kinda hard to follow. 😄

Much thanks!!

Last edited:
Ime all the low end reductions are hardest. I believe it's just due to the percentages ya know. 4~3 is like 25% but 2~1 is 50% and 1~0 is 100% .I know it's not as simple as that but it's my theory😀

I have been tapering off suboxone strips for a few months. I have gone from 16 mgs down to 4mgs. I have 2 questions:

1. If I have one “cheat” day, where I take a small amount extra, do I have to start the taper process all over again or can I just resume from where I was?
2. I’ve heard that the jump from 2 mgs down to 1mg is brutal (& same for the jump from 1 mg to nothing). I plan on cutting the strip down into little pieces at the very end to try to alleviate discomfort. Has anyone successfully completed the withdrawal from THIS drug. I’ve already been through withdrawal from Oxycodone, so I don’t need to know about that or any other drug. I’m curious about this alleged brutal withdrawal on those particular parts of the drop in milligrams.

I respectfully ask that if you’re not certain of the answer, please not reply. Sometimes I’ve noticed that peeps will get off topic & spin off into non-related conversations with each other in my comment thread. It’s makes things kinda hard to follow. 😄

Much thanks!!
Im curently on day 6 cold turky..was using evryday (snorting) for a year / raging from 2mg to 12+mgs and to be honest its not as bad as i feared , especisly if you dont work and have benzos and miricle of pregabalin. Best of luck my man 🤘❤️🤘

Ime all the low end reductions are hardest. I believe it's just due to the percentages ya know. 4~3 is like 25% but 2~1 is 50% and 1~0 is 100% .I know it's not as simple as that but it's my theory😀
Makes sense! Luckily, the strips should be relatively easy to dissect with an X-Acto knife.
Im curently on day 6 cold turky..was using evryday (snorting) for a year / raging from 2mg to 12+mgs and to be honest its not as bad as i feared , especisly if you dont work and have benzos and miricle of pregabalin. Best of luck my man 🤘❤️🤘
I’m a woman lol. But thanks for the info. I have plenty of Xanax so I should be ok.

Of course everything affects everyone differently, but for me, the way too many times I've withdrawn off suboxone both cold turkey and tapering have really not been bad in the sense that actual physical discomfort is minimal, and this holds true regardless of dosage; I've kicked habits from .5 - 16mg. Physical symptoms, when present, would usually be limited to runny nose, continual yawning, fatigue, maybe a little diarrhea. It was the psychological onslaught you had to be prepared for BUT if you are determined, arm yourself with the tools, some comforts and a few people you can talk frankly with, you (remember, read: I ) can ride it out and be back to normal with relative ease and minimal discomfort in the grand scheme of things in the opioid withdrawal arena. Anyone who's kicked a longterm methadone or oxymorphone habit will know what I mean, lol.

Of course everything affects everyone differently, but for me, the way too many times I've withdrawn off suboxone both cold turkey and tapering have really not been bad in the sense that actual physical discomfort is minimal, and this holds true regardless of dosage; I've kicked habits from .5 - 16mg. Physical symptoms, when present, would usually be limited to runny nose, continual yawning, fatigue, maybe a little diarrhea. It was the psychological onslaught you had to be prepared for BUT if you are determined, arm yourself with the tools, some comforts and a few people you can talk frankly with, you (remember, read: I ) can ride it out and be back to normal with relative ease and minimal discomfort in the grand scheme of things in the opioid withdrawal arena. Anyone who's kicked a longterm methadone or oxymorphone habit will know what I mean, lol.
Thanks for your reply! I’ve withdrawn from oxycodone cold turkey. I feel like if I did that I can do anything!

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! I’ve withdrawn from oxycodone cold, turkey. I feel like if I did that I can do anything!
You'll be just fine. 🙂🙂

Being on 16mg a day myself and knowing I've cold turkeyed heroin, morphine, oxycodone and oxymorphone and oh yeah - suboxone - more times than I have digits, I'll be fine. I want to taper and sooner rather than later, but if something happens and I can't, I know I'll be okay. 👌

You'll be just fine. 🙂🙂

Being on 16mg a day myself and knowing I've cold turkeyed heroin, morphine, oxycodone and oxymorphone and oh yeah - suboxone - more times than I have digits, I'll be fine. I want to taper and sooner rather than later, but if something happens and I can't, I know I'll be okay. 👌
Tought that maybe not all people can live "sober" is bothering me... i mean why the fuck am i geting myself clean from pills thst helped me be functional :s

Tought that maybe not all people can live "sober" is bothering me... i mean why the fuck am i geting myself clean from pills thst helped me be functional :s
I completely understand that feeling. It’s sad. I’ll never forget taking methadone for one day and feeling like, wow, this just feels like a nice day. Not a high feeling, but just a feeling like I could make an Italian sauce, have that simmering on the stove and sitting in my recliner with the football game on TV, and it was just so enjoyable, a happy relaxing day. I never have that otherwise. It is truly sad. I pray to God that one day, when I am finally off the Suboxone that I can truly heal physically and emotionally. The problem is, I legitimately suffer from chronic pain, I mean bad! I am 57 and I know I’m aging, but I feel like I’m 90 and shouldn’t be in this much pain at my age. So, once I’m done with Suboxone, then what do I do, go back to opiates? Some people need them; that is what they are for. But I got addicted to them after a cervical spine surgery and I don’t want to be addicted again. I will try to just take them only when I need them. That is the dream.

Last edited:
Hey now im complaning about my age at 25 haha i think evryone does true life ;p let me tell you i can already feel my emotions coming back , finaly i can cry while listening to music ( on bupe for last year i could not do that) and its only day 7 or 8 ct bupe.. il do 1 more "funny" story , i met this cute girl yesterday and she came to my place when i was already fucked on pregabalin and booze+weed and she brought bottle of gin and 2 beers 🤘❤️🤘anyway one thing led to another and there we are in bed with me having limp dick and mofo brainzaps :s still we spooned all night ,was great haha 🤘🤘

I completely understand that feeling. It’s sad. I’ll never forget taking methadone for one day and feeling like, wow, this just feels like a nice day. Not a high feeling, but just a feeling like I could make an Italian sauce, have that simmering on the stove and sitting in my recliner with the football game on TV, and it was just so enjoyable, a happy relaxing day. I never have that otherwise. It is truly sad. I pray to God that one day, when I am finally off the Suboxone that I can truly heal physically and emotionally. The problem is, I legitimately suffer from chronic pain, I mean bad! I am 57 and I know I’m aging, but I feel like I am 90 and shouldn’t be in this much pain at my age. So, once I’m done with Suboxone, then what do I do, go back to opiates? Some people need them; that is what they are for. But I got addicted to them after a cervical spine surgery and I don’t want to be, addicted again. I will try to just take them only when I need them. That is the dream.
How is your quiting going / whatstage are you , and just be reading your post i can tell you are loving person , dont worry we ganna make it and be happy without drugs / if not like sarah lyn sayd suck a dick dumbshits

How is your quiting going / whatstage are you , and just be reading your post i can tell you are loving person , dont worry we ganna make it and be happy without drugs / if not like sarah lyn sayd suck a dick dumbshits
I started on 16 mg strips and am now down to 4 mgs. It’s morning here and I’m thinking about dropping it down to 3 mgs either this morning or tomorrow morning. I say tomorrow because I my friends bday dinner to go to & I want to be myself. Although the Sub tapers take 2-3 days before you really start to feel the WD. I wanna start now though, I’m anxious to make progress!

I started on 16 mg strips and am now down to 4 mgs. It’s morning here and I’m thinking about dropping it down to 3 mgs either this morning or tomorrow morning. I say tomorrow because I my friends bday dinner to go to & I want to be myself. Although the Sub tapers take 2-3 days before you really start to feel the WD. I wanna start now though, I’m anxious to make progress!
It is scary knowing shit wd will hit ;/ you know yourself best and im sure you got it figured out, feel free to pm me if you need "junky" talk/ talking with someome in same situation helps me alot , so does metal 🤘❤️🤘

Did the methadone or suboxone help with your chronic pain? I only ask because I have chronic pain too & always wondered if either were comparable to other painkillers for pain.
Suboxone is “fair” at relieving pain. Methadone is amazing for killing pain. But be very careful in regards to the methadone, because it is highly addicting and a friend of mine told me that it is THE worst withdrawal of all. Probably best not to try it at all knowing that! It’s very alluring; it makes you feel like you’re having a great day, a beautiful, normal day. That’s how it was for me anyway. Not really a “high”. I wouldn’t mind staying on it for life, which is what you would basically be doing. But there were too many side effects that I was not willing to have for the rest of my life.

Hey now im complaning about my age at 25 haha i think evryone does true life ;p let me tell you i can already feel my emotions coming back , finaly i can cry while listening to music ( on bupe for last year i could not do that) and its only day 7 or 8 ct bupe.. il do 1 more "funny" story , i met this cute girl yesterday and she came to my place when i was already fucked on pregabalin and booze+weed and she brought bottle of gin and 2 beers 🤘❤️🤘anyway one thing led to another and there we are in bed with me having limp dick and mofo brainzaps :s still we spooned all night ,was great haha 🤘🤘
Wow, That’s a scene you don’t get every day! 😆

Much thanks!!
I fucked up and went full deep into sub addiction(went from a 5g Kratom/day habit to 2mg suboxone/day) because I originally got “high” off subs and now I’m personally trying to taper but I think i need an entire new post about it because I switched from subs to subutec and these actually get me high.

But to answer your question I’ve been feeling like straight shit cutting my “strips” of sub into smaller strips, the only time I feel real relief is when I take my OG dose or better. I will say it’s very hard to get the smaller pieces of strip under your tongue/between your cheek or wherever you decide to put it, because 9/10 times(for me) the smaller pieces just get wet when you try to put them in your mouth and stick to and dissolve on your finger. I guess if you’re very precise about it, it shouldn’t be a problem but with my shaking ass hands I cut the little strips and try to put a piece under the tongue and it hardly ever makes it there without getting wet and just melting on my finger. I always end up just cutting a bigger slice a few hours into my day and carefully placing it with the help of a mirror when the sick kicks in