• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone

Wondering how long until I can get take home doses because of transportation having to go everyday to a methadone clinic if anyone knows also if methadone is better for fighting cravings or the urge to use compared to bupe. Having a lot of side effects from bupe threw up over 20 times last night on 3 seperate times of the night..also the bupe is causing me to feel emotionless and depressed.

Well I went back to the doc to try to get naltrexone but she went on and on glossed over anything I said and put me back on bupe. So I've been a few days back on a few mg a day..I'm sick of this crappy medicine and been wondering for years about switching to methadone. Does anyone know if it's possible for doctors to put you on methadone if your coming off bupe ? I looked up the info for a clinic that does methadone along with other stuff like bupe and naltrexone treatment. And is it a daily deal to get doses forever ?

The cynical thing is that in many nations, when someone got down to 10mg (for example) of methadone, patients would be swapped to dihydrocodeine or another less potent opioid. So many people say the last 10mg is the worst so it makes sense.

In practice, this has ended (unless you have a VERY good consultant) it's like removing the bottom rung of someone trying to escape down a ladder so they WILL get hurt,

When ever I have seen somebody in acute pain. Like a broekn leg in the middle nof nowhere.
Or an accident. And there are no choppers coming to rescue you cause that only happens in the USA.
I have shared my Bupe with them in an effort to help them.
What I found.
For opiate naive people even 0.2mg is too strong.
A clear sign off the drug being way too strong for you is nausea.
So all those guys complining about nausa your just taking to much. And I know its hard to get this. But the more you take the lower the buzz or the feel good factor.
Bupe is supposed to make opiate addicts feel normal. Not get us high.

Well I went back to the doc to try to get naltrexone but she went on and on glossed over anything I said and put me back on bupe. So I've been a few days back on a few mg a day..I'm sick of this crappy medicine and been wondering for years about switching to methadone. Does anyone know if it's possible for doctors to put you on methadone if your coming off bupe ? I looked up the info for a clinic that does methadone along with other stuff like bupe and naltrexone treatment. And is it a daily deal to get doses forever ?
naltrexone have you even tried it ?
Of Course Methadone will be better than anything else.
I remember discovering Morphine back in the 80s. And using it to give up heroine and I thought I was a genius cause I was able to kick my smack habit.
Its true your just replacing one opiate for another.
In my country we are fighting to legalize Opium. Its far less harm than anything processed.
I really fell Bupe is the only option we have to stay clean. Its a wonder drug.
After a few years you do not nod off. You do not get high. You just function.
I wish people posting would be clear. Do they want to get high or do they want to function.
If you want to get high then do the strongest opiates you can find. If you want to function then Bupe is the way.
I say thank you Covid thans to covid they allowed patients to take home their meds. For uptop 2 months. Prior to that you had to go into the clinic and meet a doctor every 3 days.

Last time I got off methadone I used suboxone and could still feel the methadone withdrawal.
I was only on it a few weeks. Doctor started me at 20 mg and I got myself down to 5mg in a week. Then every 3-4 days I dropped it 1mg then 0.5mg. I didn't sleep good for a couple days but nothing like methadone oxy and fentanyl. Was pretty painless.
Just try not to take it for long.

I've used the narcan a few times after getting off bupe to try to shorten the withdrawal time and had the aching bones and slight temperature rise after using it that's the only time I've used anything related to naltrexone other than Suboxone with naloxone years ago. Also I tried telling my doctor after being off Subutex 3 months that I didn't want back on it and she glossed over anything I said and urged me to get back on the bupe and ignored me talking about naltrexone prescription and just put me back on bupe. The methadone clinic would be a whole different place to go to and I don't know if they would take me as a patient and put me on methadone after being on bupe for years or not also still having appointment with bupe doctor after she just put me on bupe again after being off 3 months. But my intention was to try and transfer info and all and go to the new clinic instead since I'm not even being listened to by my doc where I've been going to.

I think they'd put you on methadone, if you have to just tell them you struggled while on subutex and relapsed several times and that it never completely held you. Im on subutex now and in a similar situation I need pain relief and no one will treat it so methadone is my only option except I cant manage a 30 min drive to the clinic by 5 am every morning right now so Im sticking with subutex for the time being. 1mg intranasal every 6-8 hours actually does help my pain some but I really want methadone, I wish they would Rx it like they do bupe. Im also a daily pot smoker so Im guessing that would disqualify me from take homes which sucks. I think Id be willing to give up smoking for take homes but I say that now and Im sure Id get bored real fast of the 'done once tolerant to it and want to smoke again. I guess I have to be grateful for subutex for now but Im sick of Drs not treating my pain and being left to my own devices.

I was on Suboxone maintenance and I went off of it cold turkey and I definitely felt sick, I had a lot of cold sweats, chills, nausea, lost some weight, and mental effects like anxiety and depression. I don't think it's as intense as kicking heroin or oxys but the withdrawal from Suboxone definitely lasts longer than the others. But in regards to maintenance it all depends, if you can stay sober without Suboxone then don't go on subs, but if you need something then by all means go on Suboxone because it is the lesser of the two evils.

I'm currently on Suboxone maintenance, I'm on 16 mgs and I dread the day when I come off of it

I'm currently on Suboxone maintenance, I'm on 16 mgs and I dread the day when I come off of it
If you’re taking the strips, it will be much easier to taper. I was taking 16 mg as well and I am now down to 4 mg. I’m going to be relocating over the next few weeks, so I will resume my taper after my move is complete. I definitely don’t want to be withdrawing whilst moving! If you do it in small pieces, you’ll still feel kind of crappy, but it’s definitely more doable than cold turkey! Just as a note of interest, I have been taking it to for chronic pain. It hasn’t done a well enough job, and it’s also giving me some strange side effects so that’s why I want to get off them completely.