• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone plugged (rectal buprenorphine)

Acute withdrawal symptoms from buprenorphine aren't too terrible (though it is certainly unpleasant) What kills me is the PAWS; which for me means persistent insomnia; weird and seemingly unrelated physical complaints; and difficulty thinking clearly Supposedly; buprenorphine maintenance can facilitate positive changes in brain chemistry Everyone is different of course

Someone had asked earlier about how long it takes for buprenorphine to completely clear your system: I had read an article a few weeks ago about this so I checked it again Apparently; burprenorphine and its metabolites are detectable for a range of 9-14 days; with a median among the test subjects of 11 days

its amazing how many of us have actually leeaned toward this roa!! i love plugging and wouldnt have it anyother way!walking around with that nasty crap in my mouth for 10 minutes was horrible! i dont disolve or anything. simply use ky-gelly,one drop on the pill for lube and dissolving later with body temp!! its painless and awesome! the only thing is-i plug 8mgs at a time-the same amount i was prescribed daily.. 3-8mgs subling. but i am also on subutex--the suboxone migraines were no joke and no med-NO med!!!would get rid of it. my doc said it was the naloxone in the suboxone. the whole idea that the nalox isnt absorbed is bs!! google suboxone headaches and see for yourself. im for pluggin the subs and may try snortin.anyone have any expierience with this??

I just cannot seem to get it working right. When I pull the syringe out of my anus, the reflex pushes the syringe and the content of the anal cavity out.
It sucks I wasted 1 mg of bupe last night that way.

just tried 4mg 15 minutes ago; very nice! no syringe, just lubed my finger up and stuck it up there good and deep: delightful!

For the guy who it shot back out of his ass it is probably because you are constipated. And about the suboxone headaches HELL YES!@ I get horrible migraine headaches from suboxone and NONE from subutex. I was on subutex for years because I told my doctor about the headache and he recently switched me back to suboxone saying that it is BS that the naloxone doesnt do anything to cause headaches. My opinion is that since subutex went generic Reckitt/Bensicker is pushing the doctors to prescribe more suboxone.. Its all about the $$ for these doctors. While they may be helping with one disease of addiction they can care less that they are increasing my already attrocious migraine headaches. Its bullshit.

Hey I dissolved a lot of my pills in a saline nose spray and I read that saline solution is good for rectal use because of its retention do u think it wuld be ok?

Just in case anybody gets SUPER FUCKING CONSTIPATED like I do from there suboxone(crap only once or twice a week), I have found a solution....finally!!

I had tried taking SHITLOADS of laxatives and that pretty much did NOTHING for my constipation so I didnt know what to do.

For som reason I decided to try that Activia yogurt shit(I guess I saw so many of the goddamn commercials it finally got to me)....and HOORAY....it worked like a charm....who would of thought?

It says to give it two weeks to "regulate" your digestive system but I noticed it working within 3 days, and by one week I was crapping almost every day!!....I couldnt fucking believe it...after months of extreme constipation, a simple yogurt product was the answer!

Well, anyway...I hope my experience helps others with there constipation issues because out of all the opiates ive taken, suboxone is BY FAR the worst when it comes to "blocking the exit".

Why am i reading about people using like 6mg of bupe sublingually to get off, when im on 24mg a day and i still wake up feeling mildly crap?

Makes no sense, i wasnt even an IV H user for over a month, i guess it dosn't take long... 500mg oxycodone isnt even a substantial amount anymore? That used to be a fucking good stash now its not even a nod(this was just before i got on suboxone).............

I dunno i've just always thought it took months to years to develop a tolerance where one could dose 500mg of oxycodone and not even nod...

Or can natural tolerance play a role, ive always handled by opies better than any of my mates but this is just insanity...

Also reading about the plugging roa, once i get to the point in my program where i get 4 take home doses per week im def gunna be trying this method... fuck lol

Last edited:
Why am i reading about people using like 6mg of bupe sublingually to get off, when im on 24mg a day and i still wake up feeling mildly crap?

Makes no sense, i wasnt even an IV H user for over a month, i guess it dosn't take long... 500mg oxycodone isnt even a substantial amount anymore? That used to be a fucking good stash now its not even a nod(this was just before i got on suboxone).............

I dunno i've just always thought it took months to years to develop a tolerance where one could dose 500mg of oxycodone and not even nod...

Or can natural tolerance play a role, ive always handled by opies better than any of my mates but this is just insanity...

Also reading about the plugging roa, once i get to the point in my program where i get 4 take home doses per week im def gunna be trying this method... fuck lol

No, its very common to develope a HUGE tolerance for opiates very quickly when you are taking them all the time. When your an addict, there never seems to be enough opiates to take.

And I dont know how to explain you still feeling like crap on 24 mg's a day of suboxone. I went form $200 a day of IV heroin(for about 4 years) straight to only about 2 mg's of suboxone a day and it was more than enough to m ake me feel great. And the lower the dose I took, the more euphoric I felt from the subs. This makes me wonder that maybe your problem is that your taking too much suboxone....I know that when I take too much, it makes me feel like crap...headaches...tired.....etc...but when I take tiny doses, I feel AWESOME.

Despite what has been posten in scientific literature I can tell you first hand ( i have been on subutex since 2004 ) it has a severe withdrawl syndrome, on par with methadone. Maybe even worse. I am kind of a guinea pig for I have been on it since almost the beginning. I was taking it when it was compounded into wax squares. BAD BAD BAD withdrawl trust me.. the PAWS is the worst.

Acute withdrawal symptoms from buprenorphine aren't too terrible (though it is certainly unpleasant) What kills me is the PAWS; which for me means persistent insomnia; weird and seemingly unrelated physical complaints; and difficulty thinking clearly Supposedly; buprenorphine maintenance can facilitate positive changes in brain chemistry Everyone is different of course

Someone had asked earlier about how long it takes for buprenorphine to completely clear your system: I had read an article a few weeks ago about this so I checked it again Apparently; burprenorphine and its metabolites are detectable for a range of 9-14 days; with a median among the test subjects of 11 days

OMG out of all the opiates i have been on (alomost all of them including methadone) buperenorphine is definately the most constipating. I have been constipated for over a month many times. Fucking enemas dont even work. It takes for me that pre copping anxiety to shit. Its terrible I dont know why. Possibally because It binds to almost every opiate receptor (smooth muscle) and when taken daily several times it gets worse and worse.) Be for warned you do not want a doctor pulling shit out of your ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally get constipation from suboxone that is at least 20 x's worse than constipation ive gotten from ANY other opiate.....in fact, ive gotten minimal, almost no constipation from other opiates until buperenorphine.

I shit only once a week give or take.

But when I take Activia yogurt on a daily basis I can start shitting daily again after only a week on the Activia. Jamie Lee Curtis your a lifesafever!!!

(This is after taking all kinds of laxatives and whatnot...and even taking multiple doses of different laxatives to try and "open the floodgates" so to speak....but nothing worked)

Miralax is good. All it is is propylene glycol however ;)). Milk of mag work better for me .. Except you are up all night with your stomach churning...... Hey for those of u who plug, try snorting two mgs. Its is fucking amazing.. The generic subutex hurt too much.. use name brannd.
have fun.

The reason I say "~Xmg" (~ means about) is because half-life is not the only factor that contributes to how much drug is in your system. The rate of absorption plays a big role, and can be affected by many things, like method of admin for instance.

The half life is 36 hours. It's solid fact, and no matter what, it will always be 36 hours. Half life is a constant.

The problem here is that you are thinking in terms of radiation half life, and it just does not work like that. You stated in an earlier post that if you take 8 mg of suboxone, then 24 hours later you take 8 more, there will be 12 mg in your system (4 mg from day 1 + 8 mg from day 2). Then, 24 hours after that, you take another 8, and there would be 14 mg in your system (2 mg from day 1 + 4 mg form day 2 + 8mg day 3), but this is not how it works.

The buprenorphine does not simply half itself every 36 hours; ON AVERAGE after 36 hours half of the original dose is present. But, over the NEXT 24 to 36 hours, the rest of this original dose of bupe will be gone. The stuff that is in your system already is not subject to the same "halving every 36 hours" that the original dose was subject to -- ESPECIALLY in a drug like bupe, because its incerdibly high binding affinity degrades,over time, in the body. So these "half-life" questions ignore the fact the the "biological half-life" may be 36 hours, but the biological WHOLE life is somewhere around 70 hours -- depending on original dose, body weight, ROA, length of time you've been using bupe, & a host of other variables. But it is fairly safe and accurate to say that around 3 days (72 hours) after you ingest it, essentially ALL of the bupe is out of your system.

Sorry to "reply" to such an old post but i been readin' this half-life stuff & it's driving me nuts. So I had to put that out there.

Peace ya'll!!

New Suboxone Film Plugging Questions

I have been taking Suboxone for pain since April of 2010. Recently I switched from the pill, 2mg twice daily, to the brand new film. I hated the taste of the suboxone so much I would rather shove it up my ass, literally. Furthermore, my car was robbed last week and a few things were taken from my car, my kindle with a cover (roughly $260) and then half my suboxone prescription. So, in light of this I asked my doctor to switch me to the new film. I still despise the taste and would prefer to administer the medication rectally. However, I have come across a bit of a conundrum. It is much harder to dissolve the film than the pill. Usually I would crush the pill up, pour the powder into a 6ml needless syringe, fill it with warm water and then shake it until it dissolved.

My question is this; what would be the best method to dissolve the film, the taste makes me want to vomit and my psych doesn't want to change me to a different pain medication.

Thank you for your time,

Gunbreach

Please no flaming, duplicate posts or any other nuisances.

snorting it works fine.

i'd imagine a mildly acidic medium like lemon juice might help with rectal, but it might burn too.

How exactly do you snort the film? i can only really see that being feasible if its mixed in some sorta solution and sprayed into the nasal cavity

Found A Way

Snorting the film is not really plausible mainly because it is in film form. Imagine a Listerine Mint Strip only thicker and more mailable. Also, using lemon juice? I imagine would burn like a mother fucker so I am going to pass on that. What you need to do is just get boiling water, fill a needless syringe with the boiling water, cut up the suboxone strip, put the small amount of water into a cup as well as the pieces of the strip, push the water in and out of the syringe (do this for several minutes), once everything is dissolved your good to go. To the people who use suboxone and hate the taste, plugging is a good way to go. It also curbs the nausea and more of the drug is absorbed into the system. Thanks for the responses!

Gunbreach

Hey guys - i'm new to the forums but i just wanted to add my two cents. I IV roughly anywhere from 2-6 mg's of Bupe a day, depending on how bored I am and how shitty I feel. I've been using Sub's daily for the last ~3 weeks just to maintain, and before that was using Opiates daily, with sub's to stay normal when I didn't have anything. I'm gunna try plugging for the first time, with about a 1mg dose. I'll write back after I do it to let you know my method of plugging, and the effects it had on me. (Written @ 1:42 pm)

(Written @ 2:09) - I prepared my solution the way I would normally do it for IV. I crushed up ~2.3 mg of Bupe and put the powder into a spoon. I then added about 60cc's (a little more than .5mL) of water and dissolved. I filtered it through a cotton into the syringe with no problems at all. If you use a cotton to filter it, the solution will not be too thick to draw up, giving me exactly .5mL. I broke the needle tip off the syringe, and inserted it into my rectum. It was a little uncomfortable, but not too bad. I injected the solution @ 1:42pm and laid on my stomach and watched TV for about 20 minutes. After about 10 minutes I started feeling a little warm and fuzzy, about the same as if I had IV'ed it. After 20 minutes, the effects are still maintaining and I feel decent. No strong euphoria, but a nice glow. Definitely was better than I thought it would be, but I think i'll stick to my IV method. There's something about hitting a vein and watching the blood flow into the syringe that gets me every time. I have about one 8mg Suboxone left, which ill divide into 6 parts and taper myself off over the next 6 days to avoid any withdrawal symptoms. Sorry for rambling, just wanted to provide some insight to plugging from a daily Bupe IV user.

i'd always back load it when i plugg'd, suboxone is watter soluble. i put 4mg in a straw, bend the straw and chew it with my front teeth, when its all powder i'd just back load it in the syringe (without the needle ofcourse..) i lay on my side when i do it, and always used warm water because it feels better. in like 15-20 i feel damn good, i hate the fucking taste of suboxone and this is the only way i go.

i gotta admit, i was doing this shit back to back atleast 3 times a day and didn't shit for 2 weeks. so if u do this dont do it so much.