• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone..Pain pills

Candye02

Greenlighter
Ive been tsking Subs for about 6 years now. They just don't do it for me anymore. I've been seriously thinking and wanting to go back to taking pain pills. The biggest reason being for the euphoria and the energy. I've been so depressed lately and no motivation. When I took the pills before, I get the good mood and energy.
I know this is probably a stupid idea. That's why I want to hear yall input.

It's your choice..I'm sure you know where the pills will end up leaving you inevitably. This decision is entirely on you.
Just know that any pills off the street are most likely fentanyl presses and you could easily die. If you fo not know for a fact it's coming from a pharmacy, you may as well play Russian roulette.

I use pain pills and jump back on low dose subs to avoid nasty withdrawal but the goal is to quit everything and go thru hell as comfortable as possible. I think if you can chip with pain pills for a weekend and then jump back on subs you might be able to flirt with a way to quit subs and continue to forget pain pills but it's tough and the strategy has yet to work for me.

Thank.you very much for taking the time to reply. 😀
I would go to my Dr and get them..no way would I ever take anything off the streets these days.
I know going back on the pills is not a good idea. I'm just in such a slump.!! I know they'd make me feel better, have a better outlook on my life.

Thank.you very much for taking the time to reply. 😀
I would go to my Dr and get them..no way would I ever take anything off the streets these days.
I know going back on the pills is not a good idea. I'm just in such a slump.!! I know they'd make me feel better, have a better outlook on my life.

Maybe an antidepressant would be more appropriate?

Things like oxycodone are a trap. You get hooked on them and one day your doctor WILL just stop the supply. It's inevitable. If you are taking them for the high, you are going to become addicted and that never ends well.

Good luck on finding a safe path.

Maybe an antidepressant would be more appropriate?

Things like oxycodone are a trap. You get hooked on them and one day your doctor WILL just stop the supply. It's inevitable. If you are taking them for the high, you are going to become addicted and that never ends well.

Good luck on finding a safe path.
This. Best reply you will probably get.

Not real sure your Dr. will all of the sudden start giving you pain pills again after 6 years on subs. Ya might have to go to a different Dr. and hope they see things your way. Wanting to get back on them for the high and not the pain will more then likely end in abuse and running out early.

I would really rethink this decision if I were you. You have 6 years under your belt.

Why backslide because you are in a rut and want to get high again ? Just work through your emotions and say no to going back to that lifestyle. You know as well as i do that the pills are just an excuse. You know exactly how it will end because you have been there before.

I'm also uncertain of buprenorphine's analgesic efficacy.

When buprenorphine was first developed, it was members of the development team who acted as 'first into man' and the report is very enlightening. They gave subjects IV buprenorphine TID and at even 200ug, all of the (non-tolerant) subjects developed nausea and many vomited.

IF I were to wish to swap from buprenorphine, it seems nausea and vomiting would be side-effects any doctor would recognise. It is known as a specific side-effect. If couldn't eat on the stuff... that would be a reason for a doctor to try something else.

I have to say that MDMA, mushrooms, LSD, ketamine, MXE and other 'trippy' drugs can relieve reactive depression and do not cause physical dependence. They are as safe IF they are pure, of the dose supplied and you do not have any medical issues that would make them risky. I suffer seizures so I cannot touch them.

Going back to pills is a stupid idea. First of all the price of real is over a buck a mg and on lots of places now. Second, it is not just fentanyl to be worried about, now there's tranq and xylizene(sp.?)

Just forget about it, your receptors are going to be shot for months from the subox anyway so you might end up on heroin... actually fent because there's really no such thing as just heroin anymore.
This is the moment that you may look back on years from now and think how dumb it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been tsking Subs for about 6 years now. They just don't do it for me anymore. I've been seriously thinking and wanting to go back to taking pain pills. The biggest reason being for the euphoria and the energy. I've been so depressed lately and no motivation. When I took the pills before, I get the good mood and energy.
Getting clean Is the best brooo..you'll get all the energy you would ever want 🤪been clean now 9 years off all drugs

Going back to pills is a stupid idea. First of all the price of real is over a buck a mg and on lots of places now. Second, it is not just fentanyl to be worried about, now there's tranq and xylizene(sp.?)

Just forget about it, your receptors are going to be shot for months from the subox anyway so you might end up on heroin... actually fent because there's really no such thing as just heroin anymore.
This is the moment that you may look back on years from now and think how dumb it was.
I agree with you..it is a stupid idea. I know it is. I guess I'm just so desperate to feel ok again and I know the pills will give thst euphoria..although yes it's a fake feel good and it'll only cause problems in the long run. I guess I'm just thinking in the moment and just looking for an easy out. I hate feeling this yucky with no energy and such a yuck outlook. Thank you for your response and your honesty.

This. Best reply you will probably get.

Not real sure your Dr. will all of the sudden start giving you pain pills again after 6 years on subs. Ya might have to go to a different Dr. and hope they see things your way. Wanting to get back on them for the high and not the pain will more then likely end in abuse and running out early.

I would really rethink this decision if I were you. You have 6 years under your belt.

Why backslide because you are in a rut and want to get high again ? Just work through your emotions and say no to going back to that lifestyle. You know as well as i do that the pills are just an excuse. You know exactly how it will end because you have been there before.
Thank.you for.your reply. Yes, I know this is stupid to even consider. I guess like.you said, I just need to work through my emotions and figure something else out. Thank you for your honest reply.

Thank.you for.your reply. Yes, I know this is stupid to even consider. I guess like.you said, I just need to work through my emotions and figure something else out. Thank you for your honest reply.
Have you ever tried kratom? It ain't oxy or vicoden but it can be a pretty good mood lift and all around mild stimulant.

Of note about kratom... it is an opioid. It will be weeks before you can really properly feel kratom, because of the long-term suboxone (which absolutely fucks your tolerance and if there is any in your system it will block the kratom... it takes a long time to clear out all the way, though you'll start to be able to feel something after a few days, but it's not gonna do a lot). Also, you'll just be trading suboxone for kratom. I am in the minority, but I actually got on suboxone primarily due to kratom addiction. Kratom only lasts a couple of hours and I find that I start to feel like I'm either about to start withdrawing, or withdrawing, at all times, as much as I dislike the general "blah" feeling of suboxone after a while, the feeling of being on kratom is worse (for me). I got on suboxone because tapering kratom is damn near impossible for me, since I always feel irritable, moody, sniffly and on the verge of that restless limbs feeling, and taking more makes me feel better for like 45 minutes. So I end up just taking lots of it.

It works better for some people. For me, I'd rather be in the middle of a long, slow suboxone taper, because I can taper suboxone, I feel nothing from it and dropping my dose and sticking to that schedule is easy

I agree with you..it is a stupid idea. I know it is. I guess I'm just so desperate to feel ok again and I know the pills will give thst euphoria..although yes it's a fake feel good and it'll only cause problems in the long run. I guess I'm just thinking in the moment and just looking for an easy out. I hate feeling this yucky with no energy and such a yuck outlook. Thank you for your response and your honesty.

What dose of suboxone are you on? many people report that once they get down to 2mg, suboxone actually has a lot less side effects and feels better. I find it relatively easy to drop to 2mg. One of the reasons people feel bad on suboxone is something I am experiencing now, which is very low testosterone. Any opioid gradually lowers your testosterone, and suboxone certainly does. Low T makes you feel low energy and apathetic/depressed. Dropping your dose will lessen the effects of testosterone reduction. Another thing you could try is talking to your doctor and getting your testosterone measured. Some people I know are prescribed testosterone and it's made them feel a whole lot better.

But the best thing you van do is try to taper down to basically nothing and get off suboxone and all other opioids. I've been on and off opiates for 21 years, and I've had substantial periods off, including 5 years off from 2014-2019. That 5 years off was the best I've ever felt in my adult life.

Would love some quick advice here.. my doc prescribes me monthly, 10/325 Percocet x 90, and also 30 strips of suboxone 2mg/.5mg. I have been overdoing it on my monthly allotment. Like 80mg per day. I didn’t take anything for about 18-20 hours (basically when I started to feel like shit). I took 1mg (half the strip). About to take another 1/4 of a strip. What do you think my daily dose should be around? Probably 2mg? All and any advice is much appreciated. I have micro bits of cocaine and psilocybin to help as well

Well if you want to stop taking the percs or reduce intake, then simply taper and the not so simple, quit.

Now I know you have subs, so maybe taper percs(or not) and then wait til you are feeling WD and take the 1mg or 2mg..and stick to that just 1 or 2mg every day or if you can should really try every other day, and then your choice of a quick or slow taper from the subs is your choice.

Now if you want to take your percs while on subs, it won't work as I'm sure you know..I usually wait 24hrs then take a small dose to stay free from WD then each day I start to feel the percs or opioid more and more. Just remember its different for everyone. Some have to wait like 48hrs into WD before taking subs or else they get PWD (precipitated withdrawal).

Edit: btw your micro shrooms may help for the shitty depression once the acute phase of WD is over..and a lil cocaine during WD might help for a brief moment but probably make things worse( idk stimulants seem to help me push through tough WD symptoms but coke has no legs to last, maybe better finding an addy or even therapeutic doses of psuedoephedrine!)

Last edited:
Just remember that stimulants also can make WD way fucking worse especially during the comedown so maybe have plenty of green or a benzo on deck for that shit.

Also I just re-read your post, about what sub dose you should stick with..honestly if 1mg gets you out of WD and able to go about your daily life, I would stick with 1mg. The least you saturate those receptors, the better! I personally take about the same, 1-2mg depends on severity..if I am sick from a long & fairly high dose binge of oxy, I go ahead and take 3-4mg and the next day and the coming days after I just take 1-2mg subs.

Last edited:
Really appreciate the posts and info. Yes I would like to not rely on opioids like I have been. Only use for emergencies for my intestinal disease (crohns). But since I have no more oxys, subs are what I need. I took 1.5 mg yesterday, but woke up in middle of the night feeling pretty shitty. So took another 1mg. I have taken another 1mg today, but don’t feel great. I am going to take another 1mg, with a couple Ativan to hopefully get some sleep. I’m away from home for a few days which is helping. Being at home can be a drag going through something like this. Thanks again for your input.

Addys do seem to help a bit. Subs are all I have.. it’s crazy how quick I metabolize Oxys. I only have to wait about 12-14 hours until I start to feel like shit after taking my last Percocet, then I can take a Sub. I took 2mg, and 10mg of adderall after the Subs kicked in. And a benzo to help at the end of the day. My doc thinks I’ll be fine taking a lower dose of Oxy. He is a good doc and understands what I am going through after the loss my brother. He is strict on my refills and only allows one refill a month. If I take too many and run out, I either deal with the suffering or switch to the subs. But again, he agrees, subs are not the best.

I'm in the same boat
6 years, feel like shit everyday.
I some times feel okay for about 2hrs after I take my subs, but I never feel good or energized or happy or anything like I use to feel from regular opioids.
It also makes me feel more tired & blunted mentally, which is some times a good or a bad thing for me.

I find that smoking cannabis can really help when having cravings on subs.
Some times just adding little things like 25mg of ephedrine or a muscle relaxer or even some sedating teas can kinda help give my subs a bit of a kick, without having to jump right into the heavier stuff.

Although after awhile, even those little things don't do much either.
I haven't found any real solutions to this. I'd be even worse off without suboxone, so I try to at least be thankful for that.
I still think about heroin every single day, so I don't think it's something that ever truly goes away.

It’s bc opiates really mess with your hormones. Suboxone is not something you want to be on long term, it’s worse than most other opiates, but not quite as toxic as methadone. Get your hormone levels checked, and maybe look into natural stuff that can get your body back to homeostasis.