• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is technically possible to shorten withdrawal by replacing sub with something with a shorter half life and tapering down. HOWEVER, are you f$*%ing kidding me? Give me any short acting opiate and I will relapse until it's gone. We're addicts here, generally speaking.

There are instances in which it can be done for sure, but for most, a little warmth from the fire and we're right back in the flames.

On another note, I'm still doing well on 1-2 mg SL a day. I may go back to nasal admin soon to conserve sub, but even with a nasal spray bottle, my nose was getting irritated. Any ideas as to why? Just too much abuse? I've been snorting oxys, h, coke, bupe, and anything else I can reasonably snort (nothing containing APAP or microcrystalline cellulose) for five yrs or so.

Suboxone/buprenorphine products in general are extremely hard on the nose and it doesn't help that Suboxone adds citrus flavouring to their tablets/strips. I get the same thing when snorting tablets I used to snort a full 4mg pill all the time which always left my nose feeling terrible but now that I'm on low doses its only 0.2mgs at most I'll snort but even still its hard on my nasal cavity. I cringe hearing people talk about snorting doses like 24mgs at a time I can't imagine how much damage is being done. Don't make insufflation your only ROA try to continue taking breaks or only snorting one dose a day instead of every single dose. You can bring the Bioavailability of sublingual up a lot higher by simply making a water solution then putting it under the tounge. Use the smaller amount of water possible probably don't need quite as much as making a nasal solution but if you do this you can save your nose and still get a B/A up there with insufflation.
Even if you had a healthy nose and never abused it by snorting substances bupe will still rot you nose and give you bad headaches in no time at all.

Last edited:
Thx ellua and train for the advice, and yes, ellua, I'm glad you're back ;)

Magical cure for opiate addiction, lmao... only magical cure I can think of would be a medically induced coma for the length of wds/PAWS if necessary....

Small use of heroin while on suboxone?

I tried detoxing the other day and made it 24 hours. I took about 1/4 of suboxone and didn't feel much better after an hour of waiting. I then took 2 big hits of heroin which to my surprise did make me feel better?? I feel like it was just mental though and maybe the suboxone was what made me feel better. Anyways I did that at 12am then fell asleep. Now I am awake and it is 1:23pm it's been about 13 ish hours and I was wondering if I can take more suboxone now.... Since I barely had any heroin and maybe the sub blocked it anyways. Will taking more suboxone make me feel any better now?

Thx ellua and train for the advice, and yes, ellua, I'm glad you're back ;)

Magical cure for opiate addiction, lmao... only magical cure I can think of would be a medically induced coma for the length of wds/PAWS if necessary....

There is such a thing called rapid drug detox where they sedate the patient and inject them with narcan then a few days later they wake you up supposedly a new person. But there are lots of doctors against this idea saying its too dangerous etc. Many people choose to got this route though to avoid a painful detox, its not for me though I would never do this.
http://www.rapiddrugdetox.com/?gcli...GkzkaAqawJKEe_UyU-RWMlmiFv54CBMhgHRoCOjnw_wcB

And about the short acting opiate theory I do know lots of people who got off methadone or Suboxone by switching to vicodin or another short acting opiate like codeine then tapering that down to nothing with pretty good results actually. Some people couldn't handle it but if you had some help or serious self control then it is possible. Haha kinda defeats the purpose of the long acting opiates though I would much rather come off Suboxone than any other short acting full agonist opiate but that's just me. I got on Suboxone because short acting opiates are next to impossible to taper and jump off successfully.

So is there ANY newer information on people's thoughts about zubsolv? And can it be intranasal?

Can zubslov be insufflated? Well yes but should it? No it burns bad because they have menthol in them.

welcome to bluelight. i'm going to move your thread.

homeless -> other drugs (suboxone megathread)

There is such a thing called rapid drug detox where they sedate the patient and inject them with narcan then a few days later they wake you up supposedly a new person. But there are lots of doctors against this idea saying its too dangerous etc. Many people choose to got this route though to avoid a painful detox, its not for me though I would never do this.
http://www.rapiddrugdetox.com/?gcli...GkzkaAqawJKEe_UyU-RWMlmiFv54CBMhgHRoCOjnw_wcB

And about the short acting opiate theory I do know lots of people who got off methadone or Suboxone by switching to vicodin or another short acting opiate like codeine then tapering that down to nothing with pretty good results actually. Some people couldn't handle it but if you had some help or serious self control then it is possible. Haha kinda defeats the purpose of the long acting opiates though I would much rather come off Suboxone than any other short acting full agonist opiate but that's just me. I got on Suboxone because short acting opiates are next to impossible to taper and jump off successfully.

Rapid detox may be helpful for SAOs but im not convinced its of much benefit for coming off maintenance, also doesn't address PAWS. If you dont do the suffering what would keep you from spiraling down the rabbit hole again knowing you could take those $1000 bills you wipe your ass with and go *poof* to WDs?

Most bluelighters seems to enjoy rabbit holing. Holeing? The fuck ever. Pardon my vodka.

I have tried countless tapers and cold turkey kicks off of oxy, h, whatever... and obviously, here I am! My decision to get on bupe has much less to do with that, and more to do with needing maintenance of some kind, possibly forever due to chronic pain. However, the few times I have gone without for whatever reason, it has seemed like the withdrawal will be much smoother for me than withdrawing from shorter acting full agonists. The only time I went more than a day or two was after using bupe the first time for a brief taper in rehab though, and the withdrawals peaked at day 5, but hadn't gotten a whole lot better at day 7, which is the day I had to leave rehab. Of course I got out and relapsed within hours... But my head wasn't in the right place yet, I was working out the details on the phone while still in rehab...

The "sub-solves" or Suboxone Sublingual Film Strips - The Buepemorphine/Naloxone dissolvents (excuse any inaccurate spelling of the product/chemicals) are the solvent strips your referring to correct? I just want to say that I have been on and off Suboxone approximately 9 years now, just to kind of to legitimize my statements. They are kind of similar to the listerine strips lol except these ones taste like bitter-asshole...

Anyway, the sublingual film strips are designed specifically to just be planted under the tongue and absorbed as efficiently and quickly as possible - opposed to the original Orange tablets/pills they use to prescribe (which you still can get the Orange ones I believe but now I got these white ones recently with no orange flavoring [way better, kinda like Subutex and great for intranasal use]).

AS FAR AS INJESTING THE FILM STRIPS THROUGH THE NAVAL CAVITIES, and snorting them - it is very difficult to achieve and prob just a waste of your perfectly good sub strip my friend. --> For example: My buddy tried it once and went through the terribly tedious process of trying to cut up and grind down the film strip to where it was sufficiently small enough to snort (through a straw in this case). When he did it, most of it just got gunnked up in the lower region of his naval cavities. Some made it up farther I assume but there were no "drips," or anything like that. The Suboxone DID work bc some of it had to of dissolved into his nasal tissue but it couldn't of been to its full potential. He had to blow his nose almost immediately, and use a tissue to get out the large amounts of film that collected at the bottom of his nose. He had to do this for about 25-30 min.

So all in all to summarize quick and close. The Suboxone Sublingual Film Strips, are NOT WORTH trying to snort/blow/biff whatever. Not worth it. It was a waste of a perfectly good 8mg Sub strip. One should just put it under their tongue like it's meant to be used and get the full use out of it. In this case NO, don't do it. It ends up sucking...

Sorry my mistake. Suboxone Sublingual Film Strips and Sub-Solves are two different things. I mixed them up in my previous post.
From my experience, YES u can injest a sub-solve "nasaly." If anything they break up easier than the other Suboxone pills. It will work the same snorting them. They dissolve quicker so the "drips" will take effect like, right away. Sorry for that long ended mix-up.

Sub solves? Never heard of it. You say it's different than the films but not tablets? Or do you mean zubslov? Zubslov is a tablet so crushing and snorting is easier with a higher bioavailability than sublingual. But zubslov has menthol added to them which isn't very nice to snort.

Sorry I didn't look up the spelling.yes they're definitely different than the original tablets, and obviously different than the film strips - because they're kind of like a softer tablet. In the sense that they dissolve and crumble easier. The Zubslovs also have like 5.7 Bupe and something close to like 1.25 mg of Naloxone. Opposed to the standard 8mg vs 2mg original Suboxone.
And believe me I used to sniff the original orange tablets years ago and that is a terrible experience, just straight nasty. So when I tell you that the zubs aren't as bad take my word for it. Yes they have that little hint of minty flavor but it's nowhere near as nasty as the orange old ones.
Also, when I sniffed the Zubslov it was not as painful as the original tablets. I presume it's because they dissolve quicker. I didn't break out into a sneezing fit like I would with the original tablets. The minty flavor was a little intense at first but then it was okay and went straight to the drip phase rather quickly. And this method of ingestion, was indeed effective (It worked).

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. I've been poking around various drug forums and this one in particular, the members seem to know their shit. Well anyway, forgive me if im double posting as im not too sure how to utilize this forum the correct way yet, but I have a question about suboxone and the blocking effects.

I've been taking about 4-6 mg's a day of sub 8/2 for the past 10 days. Recently I got ahold of some Methadone, which is my preferred drug when the oxy's arent around. Usually 10 mg methadone is enough to get me through the day with a decent buzz. My last dose of bupe was yesterday around 5 pm, took about 3-4 mg's. Today I needed 20 mg of methadone to even feel slightly buzzed. My question is, how much longer should I wait before taking more methadone to avoid wasting it? Remind you guys, this was my first little binge with suboxone; and I dont plan on doing it again anytime soon after reading the horror stories of precipitated withdrawals.

Thanks for the help

never realized so many people put so much effort into ruining the short time we all have on this planet....maybe Darwin's Theory of Evolution - Natural Selection..who knows

Last edited:
never realized so many people put so much effort into ruining the short time we all have on this planet....maybe Darwin's Theory of Evolution - Natural Selection..who knows

You've been on bluelight for 6 months and JUST realized this? Brilliant.

i'm down to 1mg bupe/day... will go dow to 0.4, then 0.2 then jump off (within a month... good plan?)

Status
Not open for further replies.