• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blu and boston just have two different opinions...no need to "report them".
I tend to agree with Blu. Information should be shared and stated as person opinion. In my opinion people are prescribed WAY too much sub. I was given 12mg a day after switching from 30mg methadone. It was TOTAL OVER KILL. 2mg covered it fine. I wasn't searching for a high, I just wanted to squelch the WD and taper off suboxone.
This place should be shared personal information. Facts about suboxone can be found on the WIKI page.

Rtrain...are you just using sub to get thru the no dope days? I totally understand that. I tried .25gram of dope and it wouldn't get thru my tiny dose of sub (under 1mg) I'm always surprised to hear people say they can use dope and sub the same day..

^^^

How did you do with the transition from 30mg's of methadone to the suboxone? Did it take a couple days of still feeling sick before the sub really started working?

If we're done measuring dicks (mine is the biggest anyway so everyone is going to loose) ;) Lets get back to some semblance of civilized bupe discussion.

Seriously enough with the bullshit. It's just getting repetitive now and I'm going to have to start UA'ing posts and shit. Chill.

sorry peeps, I just hate shit like that.

lets face it, no one is "right" in this game but we all have GOOD/STEADy ways/ideas to make life better, right?

I told you peeps last week how I showed my Dr. this messageboard, right?

Yeah you mentioned that. Had he ever heard of Bluelight before?

Wow Boston...
Taking a low dose of sub isn't being a pussy...it's being smart. Anyone who's been on high doses and low doses realizes that LESS IS MORE with sub. You've heard that, right? Sub doesn't work like other opiates. You tend to get the full opiate affect at lower doses.

Hi Mr Scag, they dosed me at 12mg of sub after waiting 48 hours. I had tapered my dose to 10mg, but like any good junky, I used 30mg the last few days before the switch. I felt ok the first day...but felt overdosed. I dropped it to 8 the next day and 4mg the next and was at 2mg by the fifth day ...it was fairly easy for me to taper sub...but I stayed at .5mg for months! I jumped five times...and finally made it the fifth. I never understood people who said they felt great on sub...it was very unfulfilling to me, even at 12mg. I guess because it's a partial and I'd been on a full for over two decades (morphine and methadone). If I had to be a "lifer", I'd choose meth, but if I wanted to leave the world of opiates behind, sub was a better option, because it wasn't as fulfilling as meth and was easy to taper. I went on sub because I couldn't get off 10mg meth...the WD was horrendous, even at 10mg, and I couldn't taper lower. Sub worked because I didn't like it...it never felt "good". The WD after tapering to .25 lasted forever (6weeks) but it wasn't terrible. Maybe the first 14 days really sucked...but it was doable.
I'm still tired..and I've been off opiates 7 months. Opiates, the gift that just keeps giving..lol

You really don't sound like your feeling great...you sound kinda mad and frustrated...and very young. I'm betting your under 25? I've done dope longer than you've been alive..

You were still just shitting green when I had yrs and yrs of experience with opiates.
Your still young but maybe you'll learn a thing or two if you open your ears and shut your mouth...
But I'm guessing that's not how you've lived your life. Good luck..

Wow Boston...
Taking a low dose of sub isn't being a pussy...it's being smart. Anyone who's been on high doses and low doses realizes that LESS IS MORE with sub. You've heard that, right? Sub doesn't work like other opiates. You tend to get the full opiate affect at lower doses.

Hi Mr Scag, they dosed me at 12mg of sub after waiting 48 hours. I had tapered my dose to 10mg, but like any good junky, I used 30mg the last few days before the switch. I felt ok the first day...but felt overdosed. I dropped it to 8 the next day and 4mg the next and was at 2mg by the fifth day ...it was fairly easy for me to taper sub...but I stayed at .5mg for months! I jumped five times...and finally made it the fifth. I never understood people who said they felt great on sub...it was very unfulfilling to me, even at 12mg. I guess because it's a partial and I'd been on a full for over two decades (morphine and methadone). If I had to be a "lifer", I'd choose meth, but if I wanted to leave the world of opiates behind, sub was a better option, because it wasn't as fulfilling as meth and was easy to taper. I went on sub because I couldn't get off 10mg meth...the WD was horrendous, even at 10mg, and I couldn't taper lower. Sub worked because I didn't like it...it never felt "good". The WD after tapering to .25 lasted forever (6weeks) but it wasn't terrible. Maybe the first 14 days really sucked...but it was doable.

Yeah...many do not get it until they realize their strung on Bupe'

If I was gonna do some dope while on Sub I'd do no more than 1 mg that day and try to dose it as early as possible, like 5 am. Then I should feel something by 8 hours, but I consider it a waste if I don't at least wait 12. By like 8 or 9 o'clock of the night I will seem to not be having much blockade and be pretty high.

....Or I might start the chipping in the morning, do 1 mg the morning prior and 1 mg sometime in the afternoon, before 4pm. Wake up the next day and its easily been 12 hours so the stuff works pretty well at that point. There is definitely some blockade for me still there, but its not enough to consider it a huge waste of money. Before 12 hours tends to be a waste for me.

Actually the second method works much better. B/c I will get the stuff early then be waiting for the Sub to wear off enough, but get tired of waiting and do some at like 8-10 hours after the Sub, then I will be unsatisfied and do more or settle to wait. Either way its a waste of money if I jump the gun too quick.

Last edited:
I feel great accept for since I started this Mirtazapine I've become irritable, hot-tempered n have patience for anything or anyone think I'll put myself back on citralopram have a pack of 28 here. Otherwise I'll end up murdering someone lol.
As for suboxone think I'll stay on it for 6 months then reduce n taper off.

can you stop talking about your subox knowledge? can you really? maybe just shut up and let it spoken by those who use it in heavy dosage, or are convinced the more the merrier. you remind me of my sober friend who thinks soboxone is DOPE part 2. telling me I dont need it, that it's bad, it's gonna be tough to get off, etc.

yea, well I did heroin and opiates and other drugs for 10+ years, and I havent touched much since subox and weed since I started; so the fuck up. let people be happy w/ life. stop trying to be "Mr. Knowitall". enough is enough. I dont give a fuck if youre on 1/4 a sub and you FEEL GREAT! cuz I am happy for you. but it takes other higher dosages to FEEL GREAT.

I said it before and ill say it again; I used and used Subox to hold off on days where I had no options; I'd throw down 2-4MG a day but still lose my mind, control and overall drive. next day DOPE ASAP -- first thing in the morning. now every morning I am taking 12MG Subox and I do not get ONE of those feelings at all. even the next day, up to 18 hours later, I still feel like I am on top of the world.

but yea, sounds much better if I could tell my Dr. to drop my dosage and before you know it life and where it was.

last question, why do you bother taking throughout the day? I used to do 8 and 8 both at 8AM and 8PM and now I just do the whole 12MG in the morning. feeling way better throughout the day and it eliminates me having to worry about certain times, etc.

What do you have against people that choose to take low doses of suboxone? If 4mg works for someone and helps them with their cravings, and taking higher doses does nothing more for them other than increase the negative side affects then why do you think that they should take more, especially if they are not getting high on other opioids/opiates while on bupe maintenance?

This thread is for people to discuss their experiences with suboxone, and since it's public and people may react differently to the drug there is no reason why people that have had success with using lower doses should not be able to discuss their experiences the same way that those that have had success on higher doses are able to discuss it.

What do you have against people that choose to take low doses of suboxone? If 4mg works for someone and helps them with their cravings, and taking higher doses does nothing more for them other than increase the negative side affects then why do you think that they should take more, especially if they are not getting high on other opioids/opiates while on bupe maintenance?

This thread is for people to discuss their experiences with suboxone, and since it's public and people may react differently to the drug there is no reason why people that have had success with using lower doses should not be able to discuss their experiences the same way that those that have had success on higher doses are able to discuss it.

THANK YOU i was typing away at my long ass post while u posted this. thank you TB. thank you...

some stupid stuff starting to ruin this mega... internet is so full of crap these days. theres gold in there but u sure gotta dig and double check on everything these days. there are facts and then opinions(and some are different WOW!) ive actually been fairly offended by some stuff on BL lately. not in this part of the forum really. but that rant stuff above is not cool. not even accurate anyways. nice story and all. no real bupe knowledge or help for the FAQ...

less IS more with bupe btw ... its a fact. not an opinion. its just more complicated than 3 words. so its easier to say less is more.

under a certain amount (usually 2mg subL which is average 30% BA) more nor-bupe reaches the receptors. thats why they have .3 mg tabs in some places. i take about 1mg in the morning with vodka, if i take more than that i tend to start to get weird w/d symptoms randomly about 18-24 hours + after upping dose for the day, and then coming back off. and then takes a while to stabilize again. stability and staying within range of the nor bupe is key. i mean someone stable on 8mg isnt going to feel BETTER when they drop down to 2mg. it would take a while, thats why the stabilization is key.

all taking more bupe seems to do is cause problems... but everyone is different. sometimes people get the most out of it by multi-dosing. i was prescribed that way EACH time by two different WELL seasoned sub dr's too. so its not uncommon for people to dose more than once by simply doing what they are told. i think it just sets u up to w/d worse if u end up in a jam imo but im undecided about it. sometimes i have days where i take a very small extra dose because i usually feel w/d symptoms before i get tired enough to sleep. around .25 mg at least 6 hours or so before bed. if i dont put that time in before i try to go to bed it keeps me up too.

i do believe that some folks are comfortable at what dose they are at... regardless of amount. if so then good, stay there. then taper... or whatever else the plan is. there is no set said dose that everyone should be at, or a scale of it imo... eventually ive felt the best, and got the most out of it at 1 mg w/ vodka subL. certainly not when i was taking a whole strip or more. getting down to the level where more nor-bupe is making it to the receptors. at least from what i understand, that is why. i have pain issues and other problems not just opiate addiction and dependency. so i need the most out of my bupe.

seems that less turned out to be more even thru my original skepticism. took me a long time of bupe use to realize this...

on another note:

what do we have as suggestions for what to do with our sub STRIP stash as it gets closer and closer to expiration. is there a way to keep them good for a while?? i figure a fairly room temp/normal humidity would be best. cold, hot, dry, and even humid seem to have all their own ways on sub films / strips.

seems each batch differs quite a bit from each other too... like when u get a big jump in the number codes, or dates in the films. ive even had two brand new strips out of the pack at the same time, but from two different dates/batches, and they would be different sizes!! that surprised the heck out of me! thought they would be a bit more consistent with these films. glad im not into IV anymore. no point when u can use the alcohol method imo.

Last edited:
^^^

They are fine to take after the expiration. That's just something they have to put on there but as long as they are in the package, they'll be good for many years.

^^^

They are fine to take after the expiration. That's just something they have to put on there but as long as they are in the package, they'll be good for many years.

thx man especially subL i bet. ^^ just wonder how long it takes for the bupe to start to fade/degrade...?

^ while I agree that in many cases lower doses are better since they often produce all the same positive effects as higher doses while keeping the negative side effects to a minimum, some people fair better off of higher doses if they are still having cravings since higher doses block other opioids and opiates better, and may help more with cravings in some cases.

I think that if someone is given a lower dose (say 4mg a day) that once they stabilize on it that it's often just as effective as higher doses. It may take a few days to properly stabilize on bupe, which is why I think that people think they need more than they actually do since they think that it was the higher dose that made them feel better after a few days, when in fact it was just them finally stabilizing on the subs after a few days.

Another factor is how long it takes for the suboxone to kick in. For me it takes a good 2 hours to peak, so I believe that some people may take a low dose, not think it's working enough, and then take more and think that the additional effects they are feeling are from the higher dose when in fact it may just be the first dose finally peaking for them. I've taken suboxone many different times and at many different doses, and for me I stopped feeling more from the drug at around 6mg, which is why I stopped taking any more than 6mg, especially since I was getting nasty side effects from the higher doses, and also since my previous experience with higher doses of suboxone showed me how difficult it is to get off of high doses of the drug, and it also allowed me to see how much it was numbing me.

I just wanted to explain my reasons for sticking to doses of suboxone that are 6mg and under. If you feel that you get more out of the higher doses then go for it, but just keep in mind that what goes up must come down, and that since bupe has such a long half-life that taking a higher dose of it means that you have a high dose of a potent opioid on your receptors 24/7 which makes for a long journey when you come off of it and await your body and minds return to 'normal.'

When I was first prescribed suboxone in 2007 I was told by the doctor that it had minimal withdrawals, and that it was so easy to kick compared to oxycodone or heroin. Therefore I didn't mind taking 16-24mg of the 32mg a day I was prescribed, which eventually caught up to me an that's when I began to regret being on the dose I was on, especially since even back then before reading about the drug I could barely feel the difference between 8-16-24-32mg, but I had access to that much so would take 16mg a day most days, and sell the remainder to the 5 or 6 other people I had maintaining on my script with me, and I remember them thinking I was crazy for taking that much suboxone since they were fine on 2mg a day.

So anyway, I believe that people have the right to hear from others on their experiences on suboxone, no matter the dose, duration, or ROA. I wish that I had access to information like this thread when I first got on suboxone, so there is no way that we are going to censor information on here just because some people are on low doses, and others are on high doses. That's what this thread is for, to discuss the pros and cons of particular doses, so that people can make educated decision on how they wish to recover using the tool that is suboxone.

yeah my first few times around with sub i seemed to be "high" no matter the dose as long as it was more than i need to kill my w/d.

BBT, I'm sorry if you're hurting and having problems. I'm not a mean person by nature at all, but I have a vicious temper...When I said something like "People coming off their first opiate habit are doing more harm then good going on high dose suboxone", I wasn't talking about you...I know you've been around the block. It doesn't matter anyway...If you're 19 and started shooting heroin a year ago, or you're in your 60s and have been fighting it your whole life, it's all the same thing....It's a cliché, but the older I get the more I realie how little I really do know...I've seen people go twice as hard as I ever did and end up in prison or dead...I've seen casual chippers have a bad night and die....

I consider myself a survivor...I've been able to live a highly dangerous lifestyle and manage to stay alive and keep my freedom....without maintenance drugs like bupe and methadone to help me through the really rough spots through the years, I'm sure my luck would have run out by now...

I just took 1.5mgs about an hour ago...I took the dose before that about 12 hours before....

When I cut down, I'm gonna do it by just lengthening the time between doses...Instead of 12 hours, I'll go 18 hours between doses, and then 24 and so on...I like to have a good idea of exactly how much I need to maintain, and then try to push the boundaries of that a little bit every time I go down...that's the best way to do it IMO

Tb can I ask what were the side affects you were experiencing on the high does please? I was on 8 mg for 5 months but have been put on 12 mg as was still having intense cravings. In the mornings I get pins n needles in my hands or whenever I'm using my phone a lot (I used to get this when on extremely high does of codeine). I am also very impatient with people with I put down to the Mirtazapine n a few other things but apart from that I feel great.

Evey x

PS: slightly off topic I'd just lke to apologise to anyone who I may have caused upset to. No need to reply to this statement as it's off topic but needed saying as I don't wish to offend/ upset anyone. If anyone has been upset by me in any way I'm more than happy to discuss it in pm. Take care xxx

wow. i tried to stop sub (and theoretically opiates in general) for like the 1,000th time. the withdrawal was worse than it ever has been before this time and just kept getting worse. by day 8 i had started shooting multiple speedballs and drinking from the time i woke up until i passed out. day 10 i found a half strip and evened out over the next couple of days. guess i haven't left the addict behavior behind yet lol. ugh.

Hiya Stray Cat,
Sorry for how things have been for you.
You're welcome to PM me if you need someone to talk to.
Evey

Status
Not open for further replies.