• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as id like to keep getting an opiate buzz (ie methadone) I dont want to become hooked on that, I have heard such horror stories about methadone, i guess cause of the half life? once you stop that youre fucked ive heard. I tried doing a pill suboxone instead of the film.... It worked better, but not perfectly. has anyone else had problems with the film? also anyone with knowledge can you maybe shed some light on why im not feeling 100 percent a week after induction? does this happen to people, and if so how long until i experience no WDs?

Every methadone dr I've asked [there have been a few] has told me it is a "benign" drug as prescribed as long as you follow a helathy regium. They essentially said there aren't any negative effects on the organs in your body. I assumed they were being truthful at the time but now I'm not so sure. Just to name one issue... I've had multiple kidney stones due to water retention which was eventually solved with water pills. I'm worried about my 1st colonoscopy based on the long -term struggle with constipation.

^ if taken in small doses........than iv will hopefully produce the most euphoria over other ROA........keeping in mind that this is a very basic answer, and there are a lot of factors coming into play still............

Need help.

My doc just changed my meds. I was at 1mg twice a day. Now I got this SHIT "Transtec" (Europe) Buprenorphine patches. Each patch got 20mg and deliver 35mcg/h

is there any way to absorb the bupe from the patch faster ?

many thx. I only saw 2 thread on this forum about transtec patches ( usualy for chronic pain )

Need help.

My doc just changed my meds. I was at 1mg twice a day. Now I got this SHIT "Transtec" (Europe) Buprenorphine patches. Each patch got 20mg and deliver 35mcg/h

is there any way to absorb the bupe from the patch faster ?

many thx. I only saw 2 thread on this forum about transtec patches ( usualy for chronic pain )

Whoa, why give you something that is 10x the dose, in hopes that you don't find out a way to extract 10x as much out of the patch than you were originally getting?

If you find a way to extract it, so that you don't have to use it transdermally (buprenorphine has a horrible transdermal BA), then it would be like rubbing it in the doctor's face that he thinks he knows better than you. %)

I go "back and forth" on a daily basis and have been for about 6 months. If I have weed and benzos an 8mg sub is fine for a day. My normal habit is a gram or several 30s a day.

Really confused and need help!

Hi everybody, this is my very first post on BL, although I've been a reader for some time now. I've now come to have a question, and due to the unique nature thereof, I think I need to ask it directly.

But first a little background-
I've been doing opiates/oids on and off for a couple years now. Every time after I make it a daily habit for 1 to 3 months, I always stop, go through withdrawals (they usually last between 3 and 7 days), and abstain from using for a month, or two, or sometimes even three. After that period I always seem to find my way back to them though. I start using maybe once or twice a month, which then escalates to once a week, two times a week, etc.. After awhile, though, it always escalates to daily use.

I've been on one of those "daily use" periods again, this time with Opana (oxymorphone) for about two months, with a daily use (insufflated), of 60-80mg. When I decided it was time to quit, a friend of mine suggested that I use Suboxone to ease off withdrawals. He made them out to be a quasi-magic pill, which I (naively) believed.

So, upon experiencing my first sign of withdrawals this time, I took the whole 8mg pill, sublingualy. It killed the worst of my w/d's, so I decided to learn more about it (I know, I should have looked first). I went onto this BL megathread, and learned about what it was. I didn't like the idea of tapering and everything, so afterwards I decided not to re-dose and just tough out the rest the old-fashioned way. My last dose of Opana was 7 days ago. My first dose of suboxone was 6 days ago, and then (as I said) I stopped. My w/d's persisted, and since I have school work to do, absolutely needed to sleep, and just felt overall bad, I decided 2 days ago to take 4mg sublingualy. I felt GREAT; no w/d's, I was able to function completely normally, sleep, do work, etc. One day ago I insuffliated 2mg, and today another 2mg.

Okay so now to my question-
I want to get this thing over with. If I just stop taking the Suboxone now, will I continue experiencing w/d's because I took these three Sub doses; i.e. will they return? I still have two 8mg pills left, but like I said, I just want this to be over and done with. However, I really don't want to withdraw anymore because of its ill side effects (sleep mostly, and profuse sweating, hot/cold flashes). Should I continue to taper with Sub, going down to 1mg or something for a few more days and then jump? If I do cease use of Sub tomorrow (since it's past 12 I suppose it's today), and my w/d's come back, how much longer does everyone think they will persist? If I were to taper to 1mg or less, will it ease the whole experience? I'm really lost here and I need help; I want to function normally enough to be able to do school, but I don't really want to keep on doing Subs, but if I have to so be it. Any advice will be really really appreciated! Thank You!

Tim

P.S. Sorry for the really long post, I just noticed how long it is. I hope someone has the stamina to read it all! This is actually my first (well *this* one is my second lol) message board post anywhere, ever haha, seriously, but I really like BlueLight and I think I could really get to using it regularly! Thanks again to anyone who wants to help me out!

Tim

Tim: most people can be well on about 1-2mg of bupe/day. I would suggest that you start taking 1mg bupe doses 1 time a day, try to make it 36 hours or 48 if you can... then take a little less, etc, and do a quick taper with bupe if you only have a little.

It can last a goodly time, but I usually withdrawal (when i say usually i mean twice) until it is at that point where you feel THE WORST. then just start with the tiniest amount of bupe instead of a whole 8mg bomb at once and work up but stay low.

It worked well for me, and as you can see from my avy i'm an Opana person too.

I go "back and forth" on a daily basis and have been for about 6 months. If I have weed and benzos an 8mg sub is fine for a day. My normal habit is a gram or several 30s a day.

thats your problem right there.......so i stick with my initial advice.............

going back and forth that much, and with such a high dose of dope, will greatly affect the performance of bupe...............

^really?

you have abused the bupe, and it is just not holding you like it once did ....going back and forth on a gram of dope isn't childs play. Methadone may be something to look into...... however i am not saying this is the only option.....getting your shit in gear, and properly maintaining on BMT is still in play...........

how often do you get UA's? i ask because it sounds like your support system is not there......

also you can always scroll up to previous comments, and information.

Hey, has anyone had any problems with throwing up after taking subs? I'm prescribed 8mgs 3x a day.. I can't take that much cause just one will make me throw up about an hour later.. I hardly ever got nauseous when taking oc or any other opiates..

Sounds like you might be way over prescribed. Whats your OC tolerance like? I was doing 12-15 bags of heroin daily when i quit and 8mg's 3x/day would have been too much bupe for me even.

Yeah thats what i was guessing.. I was doing bout 4-5 80s a day, more if i could get a hold of it.. I was on subs twice daily, but cravings were kinda bad so they bumped it. I haven't actually been taking them 3 times a day, cause of throwing up. Lately, it's been happening much more often, even after just one sub..

Tim: most people can be well on about 1-2mg of bupe/day. I would suggest that you start taking 1mg bupe doses 1 time a day, try to make it 36 hours or 48 if you can... then take a little less, etc, and do a quick taper with bupe if you only have a little.

It can last a goodly time, but I usually withdrawal (when i say usually i mean twice) until it is at that point where you feel THE WORST. then just start with the tiniest amount of bupe instead of a whole 8mg bomb at once and work up but stay low.

It worked well for me, and as you can see from my avy i'm an Opana person too.

Thanks muvolution! I took your advice and I definitely feel better now that I've dropped to 1mg; it's a lot easier on my nose. I waited 48hrs before taking said 1mg , because of this profuse sweating that I was getting-figured it was still w/d's and I couldn't sleep.

It's odd, but the alternating hot/cold feelings have dissipated and now I'm only getting intense sweats. Is this a normal w/d symptom from getting off the Bupe? I've never experienced that with any other opiate/oid. Anyone else experience this?

^really?

you have abused the bupe, and it is just not holding you like it once did ....going back and forth on a gram of dope isn't childs play. Methadone may be something to look into...... however i am not saying this is the only option.....getting your shit in gear, and properly maintaining on BMT is still in play...........

how often do you get UA's? i ask because it sounds like your support system is not there......

also you can always scroll up to previous comments, and information.
I never said it didn't "hold me." In fact, I said it did hold me, and worked even better with weed and benzos. I have tried MMT, but Methadone does not cover pain for me (went all the way to 220mg daily before giving up.) I don't know what UA means... but I have a fantastic support system in my family. My mother and father are fantastic and would literally do anything to help me and even my ex girlfriend is "there" for me. I've never had a bad family life, and had a wonderful childhood in fact. I've been searching for a doctor for the last 5 months. It took me 6 primary care doctors to find one to write me a xanax script I already had gotten previously. Now I'm searching for a doctor to manage my pain. Life goes on...

It's odd, but the alternating hot/cold feelings have dissipated and now I'm only getting intense sweats. Is this a normal w/d symptom from getting off the Bupe? I've never experienced that with any other opiate/oid. Anyone else experience this?
Yes, I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.