• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really see much at all from that picture so I have no idea how big the bump is
I usually disregard stuff like that unless it's painful or looks really haggard, which from what you describe doesn't seem to be the case.
I get bumps like that when I re-use or use poor technique and the jagged edge irritates my vein/skin. Not an abcess, just some tissue getting tugged on the wrong way

either way I think you are fine

Buprenorphine is such an interesting drug. It can jack your tolerance up if you venture into the 24-32mg daily range, and yet, it is quite easy to taper down to a 1mg a day. Then, surprisingly, trying to taper real low in the 1mg range starts to show a prolonged withdrawal syndrome.

And being leveled at ~0.66mg a day, I can honestly attest to feeling like I did when I was on 1mg a day. I noticed a different change in the "buzz" quality going down from 4mg to 1mg. I have always found buprenorphine limitedly euphoric, and I honestly feel that the "euphoria" part of the drug is unchanged from 4mg --> 0.66mg. It's a slippery thing. I feel like I cannot describe exactly how it changed, other than, now I don't take any Miralax (used to take daily) and have much less constipation, and yet, I think I'm more relaxed in general.

Although I experience no withdrawal symptoms going from 4mg to 1mg. Tapering from 1mg to 0.66mg had me feeling a moderate amount of chills -- sometimes in bad waves -- for 3-5 days. Then, I felt normal, yeah.

I am really loving my gabapentin, for GAD/SAD, and for some PRN use -- doctor prescribed. I am really proud of myself getting down to 0.66mg. It is also so weird in that I never even thought about going down at 4mg, it's not like I was thinking "wow this is a high dose" and feeling guilty or something. I felt the urge rather abruptly to be taking less buprenorphine.

Also, I think the blocking action of buprenorphine is so individual and, also, very slippery in description. In the past couple days, I have snorted one bag of dope and plugged a Dilaudid, and felt both stronger than I remember at 4mg. Whoa, I realized I have to say, I guess I am thinking about using other full-agonists more. Realized there are two sides to this -- don't want my active addiction to retake me.

Sorry I don't know where I was going with this post other than the points I made above. :\

Hey Captain H. I just send you a message cuz I'm brand new to discussion forums in general and have never posted a reply or thread; wasn't sure how to but then I figured it out, but lost my tab and wasnt able to go back using the back arrow. I don't want to rewrite that long explanation as to why I'm here, so to put it briefly, I'm trying to give and receive info on Suboxone. I've only been on it a couple of weeks and don't plan on any long time maintenance. After dosing this morning, I still felt shitty at work, so by the time I made it home I needed something quick. I snorted half an 8mg sub (about the third time snorting and about my 30th dose in about 2 weeks) and felt much better soon. About 2 hours later I suddenly got extremely nauseaus(sp?) and puked my guts out. At least I don't have a horrible headache today. I always get a headache when I put it under my tongue like I'm supposed to. A bad, bad headache like a migraine that lasts for hours and hours.

sorry guys......

on new years i railed a large amount of mdma, and the next day used some dope...... today is my 6th day using since new years......and i didnt even take my bupe two day, the seconded being today......

ill be getting back on track after this Q is gone tho........got bored after 4 months......

and i just got my take homes moved up from twice a week to once a week..........cant believe its a year till i can get monthly take home...............

either way.......bupe has saved my life

MDMA is so nice when you do it occasionally, really eye-opening.

So I slipped up, did dope once the other day. I shot through the 2 doses of bupe I had taken just fine, and got pretty high. Anyway, I got back on the sub 24 hours later.

So I snorted 2mg, felt pretty relieved and figured that I should just up my dose and get full relief. So I did another 1mg (about 2 hours later) and felt very decent! With some xanax and weed I got to sleep for like 4 hours which was very nice. This morning I felt fine still, but figured I would get a stable dose at a certain time, twice a day. So I snorted 2mg (another 1mg ready, if needed) and will try to stay at that for a few days. My friend has strips, so when I'm at a decently low dose I can switch to those and let them dissolve in mouth.

Does this sound like I'm doin' decent? Should I have not had any this morning and just tried to snort it once a day (Like 3-6mg once as opposed to 1.5-3mg twice)? Thanks anyone who can help :)

Ok in the last 10 days I have used 16 mgs.
Went something like this. And before this my opiate use wasnt crazy at all... really odd patterns of use.

Day 1 - 5 mgs
Day 2 - 1 mgs
Day 3 - 1 mg
Day 4 - 2.5 mgs
Day 5 - 0.5 mgs
Day 6 - 2.5 mgs
Day 7 - 2 mgs
Day 8 - 1.5 mgs
Day 9 - 1 mg
Day 10 - 0.3 mgs approximately.

I know thats 16.3 mgs

but anyways thats about as close as I can get to telling you how Itapered. I know it wasnt smart with such a high dose in the beginning and jumping up the one time as much as I did... but I did...

I may be able to obtain 2.5 mgs tomorrow and stay at the tiny 0.3 dose I took today. Barely anything.

Or I could jump off here. I know im not going to feel great at some point but im not exactly sure how bad this is going to be. I wont have ANY benzos to aid me for 4 more days except for the 5 klonipins I have currently which I am not using until I feel like death. I know someone has experience tapering similar to how I did. comment away.

Well I haven't posted in a few but I'm very very confused...

I had been doing .5 - 1mg of sub a day with breaks to get high.
Saturday I took 300mg of morphine orally at around 8pm.
Ended up nodding out hard strangely enough.
It hit me harder than shooting 3 bags of what is considered great dope for my area.
Really surprised me.
But here's the thing the next day I didn't really feel sick so I popped 4 tramadol & called it good.
The next day still didn't feel that sick so didn't take anything.
The next day I had minor to moderate w/d's.
I took 200mg of tramadol & 20mg's of hydrocodone & felt fine.

Thing is normally that amount wouldn't even take the edge off.
Normally I'd take that amount of shit & feel nothing & get little to no relief.
So the next day I still wasn't feeling that bad & took 100mg tramadol & 30mg hydrocodone.

It's now the next day & I've taken nothing so far.
I have some minor w/d's symptoms but nothing major.

I really don't understand it, prior to this, regardless of what I took I'd be sick as fuck when I woke up.
I mean I could dose 1mg sub & wake up sick as hell the next day.

Why all of a sudden can I get by on what to me is literally virtually nothing?
I normally base all my shit around logic & atm I can't figure the logic.

Why would I suddenly not be getting sick as fuck?
I'm tempted to try just quitting as I'm not getting proper sick.

All I've done since saturday is like 3 or 400mg of tramadol & like 60mg of hydrocodone.
Yet i'm only mildly sick...
Prior to that I'd have to shoot a bag or 2 or sniff 2 or 3 times that to cover me for like 8-12 hours.

So yeah...
Any input? Trying to figure out what to do I'm very confused.
Like I said I'm tempted to not take anything & wait it out & see what happens but it's hard to do of course.
Mentally I'm losing it but physically I'm relatively fine...

I'm wondering if I should taper with tram/hydro doin a little less each day or just cold turkey it now.
So far it's over 24 hours since my last dose of 100mg tram & 20mg hydro & all I have is painful legs & some minor GI symptoms.
My back is killing me, but that's not a w/d symptom that's a physical problem.

So any suggestions or ideas?
I honestly am just so confused by this paradoxical turn of events I don't know what to do.
My gf says I should be happy & just quit while I can.
Course my logic says hey maybe I can get high with a smaller amount of shit...
But her logic is likely wiser.

Regardless I would love some input as to how the fuck I'd go from needing to shoot a few bags or sniff like half a bun to not be sick.
To magically being able to get by on a few vics & tram's & not even feel 1/4 as sick as I normally would.
For example I'd normally do a few bags & get sick as shit 12-24 hours later.
Now I'm doing a couple trams & vicodin & feeling barely any w/d's 24 hrs later.

I thought at first that maybe the morph just released over a long time even though I crushed em.
But now it's 5 days later so it can't be that...

Again sorry for my rambling post as I always do, but seriously WTF is going on with me?

I like lyrica on occasion so trying to avoid opiates today I've started eating neurontins to see if I can not take anything at all today.
Just at 400mg, gonna eat 400mg an hour till it takes the mental edge off or I end up doing some sort of opiate.
Hell I'm even having a few drinks even though I hate ethanol, just to try & take the mental edge off, :)
It just doesn't seem worth it to take such small amounts though as if that's holding me I should be able to get off easy...
I just don't get it, I'm afraid if I try to come off then I'll get sick as fuck.
As I don't know why I'm not sick as fuck.

Again sorry but I'm so fucking confused.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks your very confused fellow BL'er. :\

Suboxone - Trying to avoid the pain

Hi! I'm trying to come off subs, 24mg/day for the last 37 days total. Before that I had a pretty solid H habit, 1/2 to gram/daily, injected. In the last 5 days I've gone from 24 to 16 to 8 and now I've gone 30 hours with zero opiates/opiods for the first time in two years. What am I in for? Does anyone know? I've got plenty of sub left, but I've read enough here to realize the longer you're on it the harder it is to come off it.

Also, my wife is on subs. We just found out she's pregnant. I'm quitting cold turkey just to see how hard it is, if it isn't so bad she's going to quit also. I've read a lot on here about how hard it is to come off regular sub use at less than 2mg/daily. She's been on it the same number of days, 12mg daily though. Will it be as hard or harder for her even though she's been using less?

Any info on both questions would be great.

^sounds like you've been on the subs long enough to bring your tolerance way down. that happens on subs, you know?

^^ I'm aware of that factor.
But when I did some shot's I needed just as much.
Also with the oral morph I actually needed more than I normally would to feel something.
So I didn't experience a tolerance reduction from the sub in my opinion.
It was after the morph dose that I noticed the reduction of w/d's.
The last time I did sub was friday .5mg & I'd been doing .5mg to 1mg a day for a few weeks.
I had taken a few days off here & there to do full agonists & needed my normal dose or more to get the effects I wanted.
So that made me doubt it was a tolerance reduction.

Thanks for the input though.
I just don't feel that, that would be the case though.
As I said I needed the same or higher doses to get effects from full agonists when I was using the sub.

I could always be wrong but it just doesn't seem like that would be the case.
I had bad leg pains & restless legs even though the neurontin I took tonight gave me an interesting experience.
I ended up snorting 1 bag & it made that go away & I actually felt a nice come up for a few minutes.
So yes there does seem to be tolerance reduction now,
But if it was related to the suboxone it came quite a while after cessation of sub's.
Due to my low doses there shouldn't have been that much of a build up.

In the past I've never really experience a tolerance reduction while using sub's or after cessation.
Perhaps this time that is the case it just seems odd to me that it would come so much later after cessation of the suboxone.

Sorry for not being more clear but the neurontin has me a bit off & my gf is trying to get my attention.
Not to mention the couple of drinks are throwing me off.
I don't normally drink & I had a couple.
Regardless I appreciate the input & am glad to be doing well with lesser amounts.

yeah youre gonna start hurting really bad in a day or so. Most people say that jumping off even .5 mg daily is still kinda tough. Its recommended (around here at least) to stableize at .25 mg and then stop. Or to jump off sub and start a lope taper.

and please, for your babies sake, have your wife quit suboxone ASAP100%.... you don't want to have your baby born addicted, and from my understanding, you still have SOME time before your developing baby starts to be effected/accustomed to the bupe

Good luck, you're doing well....I second the loperamide suggestion, as well as getting as LOW as possible with your daily dose

Withdrawal from Suboxone is no fun. For me it's just a slightly milder version of methadone withdrawal. I went a month without sleeping (i.e. without sleeping more than fast-horrid-nightmarish catnaps) when I went CT off 2-4mg.

I think it's gonna be bad coming off 24mgs even if you've only been on it 37 days. Probably long enough for you to switch completely, or close to it, from the short-intense-H-style- to the long-churning-Methadone-&-Suboxone-style-withdrawal. Which is better is an open question, different people prefer (if you can say that) different kicks.

Honestly, based on my experience, that taper was so fast it probably didn't make much difference except to maybe add a couple days to your progress (30hours + 2days = 3-4 days, right before it will start??). Also, though, in my experience and many others', it's not so hard to get down to 4mg or lower (for many, under 2mg) -- and stay there for a little while, like a couple weeks to stabilize -- without experiencing noticeable withdrawal. I've dropped from 16 or 24 to 2-4 mg in just a week and then stayed for months, never noticing anything much; only dropping from there to zero hurt bad. (Not sure if that means your w/d from 24mg would be the same as mine from 2-4.) Some people do disagree and have very different experiences. Your wife's may be different from yours. I would also agree with the loperamide suggestion in your case, but it might be very different during pregnancy -- sudden withdrawal isn't advised in itself, is it?

Sorry the news isn't better. But there are definitely things you can do to ease the pain, many of which I'm sure you know.

EDIT: Like I said, there are a lot of different experiences of withdrawal, and maybe compared to being heroin-sick, if you've felt that recently, you won't notice much. How are you so far? I would expect that you should have started to feel it.

Taper further. People often get this itch to get off the subs ASAP, but the withdrawals get real bad.

I found that the easiest way to lower your tolerance is to not take the subs for three to four days. For me the withdrawals really went into high gear 48-60 hours or so after my last dose. Then, while in withdrawals, take a SMALL amount of suboxone - .25mg to .5mg. Your addict brain will want you to take more, but you'll be amazed at the relief you find from even a tiny little dose.

I jumped off of 4mg a day, and three days later I took .3mg and was shocked to find myself higher than I had ever been on suboxone.

From there simply continue taking the small dose once a day for a few weeks. For me, the tiny dose made me feel good the entire day, whereas i was taking 1mg doses of sub every 4 hours or so when I was on a higher dose.

It's bizarre, but suboxone really is WAY more effective in doses under 1mg.

Then jump from there. You'll feel withdrawal-ey for one or two weeks, but nothing terrible.

I had another experience with my Subs and the H that i did twice around new year's. I'v been on Subutex/Suboxone for the past 4 months and those 2 days i did H at around 5 pm (1/2g snorted) with Diphenhydramine without taking my daily dose of Subs, woke up the next day and stayed till 8 pm and not a single sign, usually i get some yawning and some watery eyes before i dose my sub...i dosed anyways at 8, but lowered my dose from 1mg to 0.5mg since i thought my body isn't showing any symptoms. This only started with the 0.5 to 1 mg doses, as i never ever felt any signs when i was on 3mg or over, i believe they add up on the receptors with the daily usage. Did the heroin "hold" me for all this time? 27 hours...no way!! but was it some kind of body reaction to the H that i haven't done in 4 months after a 10 year binge?
That doesn't even make sense, but i mean any explanations for not getting those light symptoms i usually get? and it's been 48 hours since my last dose!
I'm glad i used those 2 times to lower my dose, but don't want to go there anytime soon, because Heroin and I go a long way back but i need to stay away!

@Industrial: I'm not sure if the tolerance reduction to full agonists comes from the Subs or from simply not doing any for months. My dose was 2 gm/day for years, only these 2 times i needed 1/2gm to make me really nod.
Hope you're doing well

Last edited:
First, thanks you all! Update: My wife took her lost 4mg at 6:00am, it is now 12:00am EST, so she's had 18 hrs. She's asleep and said she was feeling it pretty bad a few hours ago. We just found out about the baby, she's in the first 4-5 weeks of pregnancy so if she quits now, the baby should never even know.

As for me: I'm exactly 36hrs from my last 8mg. I definitely know I haven't taken it and I just had one vivid-assed dream about guess what? If you said w/d you would be right. Honestly I don't feel bad, tingly, definitely some tactile issues but nothing compared to H. I know this is just the beginning and not to gross anyone out but I'm having some GI stuff already. Thankfully I went out earlier and got some lope.

Socio, Echo, I've seen you post before, you've both been a source of good info and I'm appreciative of everyone else's comments as well. I like the idea of skipping days with a low dose. I'm interested to experience the difference of a low dose while I taper, but I'm going to see how long I can last before I take any. I'll anyone interested know the outcome of that. Sweet dreams!

J, Wash D.C.

Taper further. People often get this itch to get off the subs ASAP, but the withdrawals get real bad.

Citio, this sounds like a great thread if it isn't somewhere else already. What is it about subs that make some people want off this I wonder?

would this work?

Ok so Ive been taking 4mg subutex for 2 weeks now and I was wondering if 48 hours after my last 4mg dose if I took 60-70mg hydrocodone in the form of syrup would I get high?

Before sub it took about 90mg oxy to get me high. I haven't done any opiates other than sub in almost a month btw.

So is 48 hours enough time in between?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.