• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course! I'd never leave home without one. ;)

In all seriousness though, when I used to score hard drugs like heroin or methamphetamine, I'd just IV that. MDA or cocaine too. But when it comes to tablets? You need a micron filter. I don't care what anyone says. Even if there's only 100% drug in the tablet, how do you ensure it is sterile? If it's in a blister pack, that's one thing. If it's been handled by your friends, it's probably dirty as hell and you need a micron filter.

For the last 22 hours I've only had two IM shots of buprenorphine in my thighs. :D I'm doing really well with cutting back on buprenorphine. %)

That's awsome, my exam's are ending soon so I think I'll try to resume my taper as well-plus I quit taking diphenhydramine, which i couldn't really tell to what extent it was potentiating the bupe.

I agree totally with what you said in this post. I stupidly NEVER used a micron filter, as i would always be so desperate for my fix that i would just think about the consequences later. Then one day I copped some amphetamine pills of this old guy I new from detox, and started shooting those mixed with some cocaine, and next thing I know- MSSA Bacterium, and a 5 1/2 week stay at the hospital for I.V antibiotics.

yes, shooting a pill that has not been filtered is disgusting UNLESS it's RIGHT out of a blister pack.

if you dab the side of a tab on some agar, a few days and you'll see several colonies of new friends.

staphylococcus epidermidis, escherichia coli...

that's just nasty putting right into your blood

I put the suboxone film in a 20cc syringe for about 10 minute and let dissolve... and soon as there were no traces of the film left I put it through a whatman .2um micron filter ... sterilized the site for injection and injected 1mg intravenously... nothing..... then I took an 8mg tablet and did the same exact thing at the same concentration.... I injected 1mg... and was high for the entire day.... Can anyone explain this to me? Am I missing something? The damn films just dont do a damn thing when IV them.... I'm using bac water same method as the micron filtering one... What water to mg concentration are you using captain H... I hope my strips dont go to waste :/

I put the suboxone film in a 20cc syringe for about 10 minute and let dissolve... and soon as there were no traces of the film left I put it through a whatman .2um micron filter ... sterilized the site for injection and injected 1mg intravenously... nothing..... then I took an 8mg tablet and did the same exact thing at the same concentration.... I injected 1mg... and was high for the entire day.... Can anyone explain this to me? Am I missing something? The damn films just dont do a damn thing when IV them.... I'm using bac water same method as the micron filtering one... What water to mg concentration are you using captain H... I hope my strips dont go to waste :/

Just take 1-2mg of the film throw it on the spoon and squirt like 40cc of water on it. Let it sit for 2-5 min. Stir it up with the syringe rubber plunger side until its completely dissolved and no little pieces of the strip sticking to the syringe. Throw a cotton on there,pull it up, and inject.

The strips are prob the safest form of bupe to iv without further filtering because they are simply smaller and contain less fillers and binders. But if you want to filter them further(or any pill you are injecting for that matter) then there's an easy effective way to do it.

I don't have access to micron filters but I'm pretty sure I found a home filtering method that filters just as good and maybe better. Take another syringe and pull out the plunger and first shove little piece cotton down to the bottom and then a small piece of coffee filter on top of that. The coffe filter is really the main filter your using but the cotton prevents the chances of it being clogged more(which is really annoying). And squirt the previously loaded suboxone syringe into the filtered one and push it through. You will notice the solution that comes out is not nearly as cloudy. And don't worry about losing any bupe during that process, it's water soluble and your purely getting a cleaner, more pure bupe shot.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Have you used this specific film (Transtec)? I am absolutely sure the buprenorphine matrix has glue on one side and it's more sticky than anything I've seen in my life. I might misunderstood you though.

LOL no I haven't. What film are you talking about now, Transtec? I've never heard of this.

I'm talking about the Suboxone 8mg film strips; that replaced the Suboxone 8mg tablets.

My bad!

That's awsome, my exam's are ending soon so I think I'll try to resume my taper as well-plus I quit taking diphenhydramine, which i couldn't really tell to what extent it was potentiating the bupe.

I agree totally with what you said in this post. I stupidly NEVER used a micron filter, as i would always be so desperate for my fix that i would just think about the consequences later. Then one day I copped some amphetamine pills of this old guy I new from detox, and started shooting those mixed with some cocaine, and next thing I know- MSSA Bacterium, and a 5 1/2 week stay at the hospital for I.V antibiotics.

Oh fuck no way you got MRSA too? Fuck man that's HORRIBLE!!!

When I say "too" I'm referring to another beloved BL mod. I have never had an MRSA infection or even an abscess from IV drug use. I am really fortunate to be me. :D

^Yeah it was hurrendous, both painful and humiliating.

I don't have access to micron filters but I'm pretty sure I found a home filtering method that filters just as good and maybe better. Take another syringe and pull out the plunger and first shove little piece cotton down to the bottom and then a small piece of coffee filter on top of that. The coffe filter is really the main filter your using but the cotton prevents the chances of it being clogged more(which is really annoying). And squirt the previously loaded suboxone syringe into the filtered one and push it through. You will notice the solution that comes out is not nearly as cloudy. And don't worry about losing any bupe during that process, it's water soluble and your purely getting a cleaner, more pure bupe shot.

Though this is I'm sure better than shooting with just a cotton, it's not going to be better than a micron filter, as some of the micron's are sized to filter out bacteria.

Hey guys I need some advice. I've been off dope for about 16 months and since then i've been IVing suboxone daily. I usually do a 1mg shot 2-3 times a day. I've been buying my subs from a friend but he's out of the picture now so i have to get prescribed suboxone legitimately (and hopefully wean myself off it). I have an appointment with a sub doctor/center on monday morning. Heres my question: what do i tell my doctor? should i say i'm a heroin addict and not mention the subs or should i tell them that i've been on subs for a while? I just ran out of subs today so by monday i should be in a pretty bad state of withdrawal. When they give me a UA on monday and see suboxone in my system is there any reason that would prevent me from getting a scrip? Can they tell the difference between heroin and sub WD's? Any and all advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has tips on what to say to the doctor to get suboxone prescribed i'd like to hear them.

Cheers

Good question; the only time I went into a Suboxone doctor's office, I actually was trying to get off of heroin.

If you do get Suboxone, I'd taper sublingually if at all possible.

Hey guys I need some advice. I've been off dope for about 16 months and since then i've been IVing suboxone daily. I usually do a 1mg shot 2-3 times a day. I've been buying my subs from a friend but he's out of the picture now so i have to get prescribed suboxone legitimately (and hopefully wean myself off it). I have an appointment with a sub doctor/center on monday morning. Heres my question: what do i tell my doctor? should i say i'm a heroin addict and not mention the subs or should i tell them that i've been on subs for a while? I just ran out of subs today so by monday i should be in a pretty bad state of withdrawal. When they give me a UA on monday and see suboxone in my system is there any reason that would prevent me from getting a scrip? Can they tell the difference between heroin and sub WD's? Any and all advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has tips on what to say to the doctor to get suboxone prescribed i'd like to hear them.

Cheers

Do not tell your doctor you IV the Suboxone. I told my doctor that I had tried Suboxone before I actually got a legal script. I told him "I think the stuff could change my life". I think you should just say that, yes, you're a heroin addict and your last dose of dope was about a week ago and since then you have been maintaining on Suboxone..obviously a lie, but it will explain the lack of dope in your UA.

Also, doesn't Suboxone just show up as an opiate on a UA? When I did my induction, the UA was a simple 5 panel. Weird.

Anyone know when PAWS from suboxone will go away? This is month 3 without suboxone and I still have chills that just won't go away! If I have these chills any longer I will GO CRAZY.

Anyone know when PAWS from suboxone will go away? This is month 3 without suboxone and I still have chills that just won't go away! If I have these chills any longer I will GO CRAZY.

It varies, really. Could last for a year. Could last for a couple months. Chills, as in you're always cold and/or have goosebumps all over,

I'm pretty sure I am about to be prescribed Tramadol (again) for pain due to an injury. I was recently prescribed Ultram, and I told my doctor that it was very effective for getting rid of my post-addiction symptoms, ie depression, no energy.
Does anyone here take Tramadol or HEARD or a doctor prescribing it for depression? I just think it would be a wonder for me, since I am still in pain when I lay down due to a back injury AND I am moderately depressed.

Oh, and I am on Suboxone. My doctor knows this. I usually take up to 4MG a day.

question #2: how long does it take for suboxone withdrawals to hit you? when is the peak day of withdrawal symptoms? I'd prefer an answer from someone who has experience with long term high dosage IV sub use. As i mentioned previously i'm going to see a doc on monday morning, will i be in a sufficient state of withdrawal after ~56 hours for the doctor to prescribe me subs? I understand that answers to questions like these are largely relative to the individual but any thoughts you might have would be appreciated.

Alright, I can understand that. I was kind of just asking because I was about 80% sure and wanted a confirmation. But I can understand how it wasn't right.

Without getting too into detail, as drug testing questions aren't allowed, the metabolites of buprenorphine are not the same as those from codeine or morphine. It does have its own specific metabolites that can be looked for, however.

It varies, really. Could last for a year. Could last for a couple months. Chills, as in you're always cold and/or have goosebumps all over,

PLEASE don't say that. I don't think I could go a full year with this feeling.

My insides are always cold. I mean, the outside I feel hot. But on the inside I feel like i've been tripping on too much DXM.

^Well, it all depends on how much you used, how long you used it, the frequency of your, the ROA, and whether you taper yourself off properly. Say you went cold turkey after using 16mg suboxone for 2.5 years... This would probably be a minimum of six months of more or less, hell. Better than cold turkey when you have a really bad heroin habit, but it last way WAY longer.

Say you've used 8mg or so for three years, once a day, sublingal, and spend the last of the three years slowly taping down. You will feel MINIMAL w/d. Some won't feel any, while some will feel a little bit, but it'll subside well before the month is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.