• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had the new Midlothian brand subutex? The small ones with the arrow? I think they're terrible, and ALL my friends agree. I have about 6 different friends in my subutex network and all of them agree that these pills are totally unreliable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When I am on these as opposed to Roxanne or Teva I go through twice as many pills. My friend went through 3x as many yesterday. Then when I switch back, everything is back to normal. These things seriously fuck with my ability to make it through the month. A smaller pill is a novel idea, but you need to get it right! Anyone feel the same?

Getting on bupe maintenance program tomorrow. I'm excited to not constantly worry about being dopesick night and day, my next fix, lack of money due to lack of employment, and lack of extra subs from my buddy's script. It always provides me with a sense of well-being and at some dosages or combos (diaz and clonaz) it can be very euphoric IME. Buprenorphine > Methadone

Has anyone had the new Midlothian brand subutex? The small ones with the arrow? I think they're terrible, and ALL my friends agree. I have about 6 different friends in my subutex network and all of them agree that these pills are totally unreliable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When I am on these as opposed to Roxanne or Teva I go through twice as many pills. My friend went through 3x as many yesterday. Then when I switch back, everything is back to normal. These things seriously fuck with my ability to make it through the month. A smaller pill is a novel idea, but you need to get it right! Anyone feel the same?

They feel exactly the same to me, maybe they are dissolving too fast due to the fact the filler is just a little powdered sugar ? You really should take 15 minutes to lay down (leave your mouth closed, so you dont create saliva) & let it do it's thing...

What do you guys think about this I.V. mix: 0,5-1mg buprenorphine, 7,5mg midazolam and 25mg diphenhydramine extracted from diphenhydramine/APAP tablet OR 50mg dimenhydramine (what's safer/better?)?

Don't bother injecting midazolam and antihistamines if you're trying to get off of Suboxone. You'll just keep trying to get higher.

Save midazolam for getting to sleep if buprenorphine withdrawal is kicking your ass. Make sure you do the research on how to inject midazolam.

---

In other news, I have been enjoying many LSD trips and I have been cutting back with Suboxone in a big way, I hope to be off of it this year. I wouldn't be totally upset if I don't live up to that goal, but I plan to.

Don't bother injecting midazolam and antihistamines if you're trying to get off of Suboxone. You'll just keep trying to get higher.

Save midazolam for getting to sleep if buprenorphine withdrawal is kicking your ass. Make sure you do the research on how to inject midazolam.
Your opinion is very different from what people say here. I mean, even FAQ is telling about mixing bupe with antihistamienes... I don't think I can get into withdrawals THAT fast, too.

However I've decided not to inject any antihistamines. I still think about 7,5mg mid + 0,5mg to 1mg buprenorphine (it's not Suboxone, but a Transtec patch - I know how to prepare & filter it properly, before you guys ask about it).

Can you elaborate? And, any links to bupe+benzo overdoses on bupe? I do realize that midazolam is known for it's more CNS depression action among other benzos

added: also, if I make "nose drops" solution of buprenorphine, how long does it take to kick in strong?

Last edited:
What is less harmful for suboxone injection the film or the tabs? Is there a difference in what dosage you get if using a micronfilter on both.. ie you get more bupe with the film than the tabs or vice a versa? Trying to figure this one out... Captain H do you use the films? Has anyone here noticed that one formula is better for IV'ing than the other speaking specifically to FILM or TAB users... Thanks.

The film's should be better, as there is less inactive ingrediant's in them. There is something called micro cellulose, which i read on another forum is bad for your veins, but I havn't really heard anything else regarding that. Either way, you'll want to micron filter, and they should both contain the same amount of bupe.

Getting on bupe maintenance program tomorrow. I'm excited to not constantly worry about being dopesick night and day, my next fix, lack of money due to lack of employment, and lack of extra subs from my buddy's script. It always provides me with a sense of well-being and at some dosages or combos (diaz and clonaz) it can be very euphoric IME. Buprenorphine > Methadone
Hey, congratulations! Buprenorphine is so great! Do you know if you will be getting Suboxone or Subutex?

Lots of reports about methyl cellulose causing arterial thrombosis and renal failure online just google methyl cellulose intravenous... is the micron filter geting it out or are the tabs safer :/ I ask because I IV multiple times a day much like CH

Your opinion is very different from what people say here. I mean, even FAQ is telling about mixing bupe with antihistamienes... I don't think I can get into withdrawals THAT fast, too.

However I've decided not to inject any antihistamines. I still think about 7,5mg mid + 0,5mg to 1mg buprenorphine (it's not Suboxone, but a Transtec patch - I know how to prepare & filter it properly, before you guys ask about it).

Can you elaborate? And, any links to bupe+benzo overdoses on bupe? I do realize that midazolam is known for it's more CNS depression action among other benzos

added: also, if I make "nose drops" solution of buprenorphine, how long does it take to kick in strong?

IV antihistamines just isn't worth it in my opinion. You can use the antihistamines orally prior to IVing if you want to reduce itchiness, or increase the nod.

Midazolam and buprenorphine will be a fun combination but I don't think 0.5mg is a wise dosage IMO. I normally use somewhere below 0.1mg per dosage, IM or IV.

What is less harmful for suboxone injection the film or the tabs? Is there a difference in what dosage you get if using a micronfilter on both.. ie you get more bupe with the film than the tabs or vice a versa? Trying to figure this one out... Captain H do you use the films? Has anyone here noticed that one formula is better for IV'ing than the other speaking specifically to FILM or TAB users... Thanks.

IMO, the films are the best. With EITHER you WILL want to use a micron filter.

With the tabs, you get an orange solution. With the films, you get a clear solution.

The film's should be better, as there is less inactive ingrediant's in them. There is something called micro cellulose, which i read on another forum is bad for your veins, but I havn't really heard anything else regarding that. Either way, you'll want to micron filter, and they should both contain the same amount of bupe.

You mean microcrystalline cellulose.

I don't personally think it's bad to IV the films versus the tabs. I inject both.

However, I have primarily switched from intravenous injections to intramuscular injections. I don't IV all the time anymore guys. I know I used to be a pretty regular user of IV buprenorphine, but now I am more into IM buprenorphine. :D

I normally use somewhere below 0.1mg per dosage, IM or IV.
That is getting you high? I'll surely consider that (no irony there).

As for the films, you have to remember there is also glue on the film. I don't know how for other films, but Transtec... There's a way to separate glue from the solution, and since it's very easy and leaves you very clean solution, I'm posting it for the sake of HR.

Simply, bake (I mean spoon/lighter combo) the "active" part of the film with whatever you use for IV for a minute, stir, bake some more, then quickly put the spoon in low-degree environment. Putting it on ice will do. Any glue should separate from the solution and go to the bottom of the solution, allowing to safely draw the solution up to the syringe.

"It would be illegitimate for a doctor to prescribe a medicine on the basis of what is more desirable economically." I must respectfully disagree with your last statement. I was on Suboxone for 1.5 years when I lost my job and medical insurance... I was taking a 12mg dose daily. The monthly cost for the Suboxone was over $snipUSD. Being out of work with no insurance I had do something and quickly. The psychiatrist whom I am seeing discussed some options for me so I could continue to receive the medication, which was clearly working wonders for me. Since I now had to pay for everything out of pocket the total monthly cost to me would be app. $snip. ($snip for the Doctor visit, $snipfor the meds...) Obviously for someone out of work with no insurance this was too much of a financial burden. What we decided on doing to make this bad situation work was to replace the Suboxone with Subutex. The cost of the new meds is now closer to $snip which I can afford. If the doctor wouldn't have considered changing the medication I would have had to detox cold turkey and would have probably relapsed... So for me changing the medication based on what I could afford worked...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any more information on the strips being harmful because of the micro crystalline cellulose and how one would go about avoiding this :eek:?

I read on another forum that injecting microcrystaline cellulose can cause fatty nodules to grow in you're veins. However, it was not backed up, and I did a little bit of research and couldn't find much on it. If you're injecting the strips and the pills, they should be exactly the same, the strips take longer to dissolve, and it's possible that you're not giving it enough time.

yeah, my bad, microcrystaline.. you use a micron filter though right?

Of course! I'd never leave home without one. ;)

In all seriousness though, when I used to score hard drugs like heroin or methamphetamine, I'd just IV that. MDA or cocaine too. But when it comes to tablets? You need a micron filter. I don't care what anyone says. Even if there's only 100% drug in the tablet, how do you ensure it is sterile? If it's in a blister pack, that's one thing. If it's been handled by your friends, it's probably dirty as hell and you need a micron filter.

For the last 22 hours I've only had two IM shots of buprenorphine in my thighs. :D I'm doing really well with cutting back on buprenorphine. %)

Of course! I'd never leave home without one. ;)

In all seriousness though, when I used to score hard drugs like heroin or methamphetamine, I'd just IV that. MDA or cocaine too. But when it comes to tablets? You need a micron filter. I don't care what anyone says. Even if there's only 100% drug in the tablet, how do you ensure it is sterile? If it's in a blister pack, that's one thing. If it's been handled by your friends, it's probably dirty as hell and you need a micron filter.

For the last 22 hours I've only had two IM shots of buprenorphine in my thighs. :D I'm doing really well with cutting back on buprenorphine. %)

Generally speaking it would never be 100% of the drug in a tablet right because they have to use some binders right?

That is getting you high? I'll surely consider that (no irony there).
Oh of course. I'm tapering so I'm not getting as fucked up as I normally do off of it, it's more like "relief" at this level. I'm decreasing frequency before I decrease dosage.

As for the films, you have to remember there is also glue on the film. I don't know how for other films, but Transtec... There's a way to separate glue from the solution, and since it's very easy and leaves you very clean solution, I'm posting it for the sake of HR.
I posted the inactive ingredients, I didn't see elmer's glue on the list man.

Simply, bake (I mean spoon/lighter combo) the "active" part of the film with whatever you use for IV for a minute, stir, bake some more, then quickly put the spoon in low-degree environment. Putting it on ice will do. Any glue should separate from the solution and go to the bottom of the solution, allowing to safely draw the solution up to the syringe.
I couldn't advocate this as a safe way to inject the films man. Sorry.

Does anyone have any more information on the strips being harmful because of the micro crystalline cellulose and how one would go about avoiding this :eek:?

Of course man, use the OD Directory. I myself created the micron filtering mega thread, as well as the inactive ingredients mega thread.

Bluelight has the resources, it's up to you to use them. I'm busy dabbing wax and tapering off Suboxone at the moment. ;)

Generally speaking it would never be 100% of the drug in a tablet right because they have to use some binders right?

Exactly! Even MDMA tablets have SOME binders in there, possibly a colored coating at best.

You have to compare the weight of the active ingredient to the total weight of the entire tablet.

I posted the inactive ingredients, I didn't see elmer's glue on the list man.
What do you mean? Have you used this specific film (Transtec)? I am absolutely sure the buprenorphine matrix has glue on one side and it's more sticky than anything I've seen in my life. I might misunderstood you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.