• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ it's a pretty poor score line for splitting with a knife but it is good to center in a pill cutter. Due to the hexagonal shape suboxone fits perfectly right in the V guide of my pill cutter for super easy even cutting anyway though.

^ it's a pretty poor score line for splitting with a knife but it is good to center in a pill cutter. Due to the hexagonal shape suboxone fits perfectly right in the V guide of my pill cutter for super easy even cutting anyway though.

i just use a razor blade as a pill cutter.. havent lost a finger yet
*knocks on wood*

ok i have a question..

i took 4mgs of sub yesterday at around 7pm. It was my first and only dose. it is now 1 am. I know recommended time is around 36 hours.. but i have found a couple percs and am wondering if the sub is possibly out of my system?

ok i have a question..

i took 4mgs of sub yesterday at around 7pm. It was my first and only dose. it is now 1 am. I know recommended time is around 36 hours.. but i have found a couple percs and am wondering if the sub is possibly out of my system?

doubt it.. 4mgs of suboxone is stronger than 2 percs anyways but.. no i dont believe enough is out of your system for " a couple " percs to break through.. sorry :( its sad when you cant get high. so next time leave the subs for people who need them and want to get off opiates.. THANKS! =D

Welcome to BL!

Edit: and BTW how can you get high off a couple percs but you can handle 4mg subs? 4mg of suboxone is a lot more potent than percs.. so now youve got me confused.. whats your tolerance like? is it 4mg sub or "a couple percs"?

yea i plan on getting CRAZY tonight.

lol, a couple as a generalization as 6 or 7.. :)

Well a buddy of mine and I got jacked for a lot of money concerning OC.. Usually dose would be (upon availabilty, of course :\) 60-80 mg intranasal a day for a while.

Went 3 days without dose, so I got my hands on 2 suboxone. I would say I was more close to around 3mg because i shared some with my friend.
If I took it sublingually 30 something hours ago, and were to take alittle percoset, would I get sick or not feel anything at all?:p

^ You will feel all of it and not get sick from the suboxone (precipitated WD is only a concern when dosing in the opposite order).

It's always amazed me how people can do a drugs and not even know how to spell the name. Does nobody research their shit?

i have a question. i was subscribed two 8mg of subs twice daily. Captan H and BollWeevil, and a few others know how i went through precipitated Wdls when i swalowedand 8mg pill.
i have been splitting up one pill and taking in small doses as suggested. i had been in a self induced methadone coma because i was told i was gonna die pretty soon and i basicly gave up on everything.i was clean about 12 years or more then.
i have an abscess on my hand and other pains that may or may not be from wd. it is kind of weird to feel my body after all that time.
my question is could i go up from 8mg to get some sort of pain relief or does it take time to build up. i am not wanting to experiment because i was knocked on my ass the first time.
if i do bump up on this should i be on 16mg a day as prescribed for maintenance? i have been craving pretty bad too.
btw i am going to get the abscess taken care of tommorrow. and i am going to this shop in another town monday where i have some work lined up..there is a slight problem there too bc that whole town knows me and how i am bc i worked there for years when i was clean, we're talking the whole police force , fire dept, emt's, teachers. i am an airbrush artist and i dont want to be feenin' around anyone.
thanks for the help

Is there any benefits to iving subs? Besides using less of it? Like does it get you high if youre prescribed it for maintenance?

Yeah the high is pretty nice and I also get a rush. Not everyone does, it depends on how much you take and your previous opiate history.

ok i have a question..

I'd sleep it off, wait at least 12 more hours. "A copule percs" isn't too much oxycodone, and 4mg of buprenoprhine is a large amount.

i have a question. i was subscribed two 8mg of subs twice daily. Captan H and BollWeevil, and a few others know how i went through precipitated Wdls when i swalowedand 8mg pill.
i have been splitting up one pill and taking in small doses as suggested. i had been in a self induced methadone coma because i was told i was gonna die pretty soon and i basicly gave up on everything.i was clean about 12 years or more then.
i have an abscess on my hand and other pains that may or may not be from wd. it is kind of weird to feel my body after all that time.
my question is could i go up from 8mg to get some sort of pain relief or does it take time to build up. i am not wanting to experiment because i was knocked on my ass the first time.
if i do bump up on this should i be on 16mg a day as prescribed for maintenance? i have been craving pretty bad too.
btw i am going to get the abscess taken care of tommorrow. and i am going to this shop in another town monday where i have some work lined up..there is a slight problem there too bc that whole town knows me and how i am bc i worked there for years when i was clean, we're talking the whole police force , fire dept, emt's, teachers. i am an airbrush artist and i dont want to be feenin' around anyone.
thanks for the help

What exactly is your question? I had a hard time trying to see it. I'm somewhat tired though, so maybe I missed something.

I think you should up your dose to get the effects you want. You gotta find the perfect dose for you and it sounds like you are just not takin enough of it. So I would suggest raising your dosage and see if the cravings go away and it gives some pain relief.

OH. Yeah you can up your dose to get more analgesia out of it, however I don't know how analgesia (pain relief) relates to dose as you go above 4 to 8mg per day.

If you are at 8mg per day, or take 2mg four times per day, you can try 4mg three times per day (12mg in a day) to see how it compares to 8mg in a day. That might help you better in terms of pain relief.

I am glad you are going to get the abscess treated man and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I think you should up your dose to get the effects you want. You gotta find the perfect dose for you and it sounds like you are just not takin enough of it. So I would suggest raising your dosage and see if the cravings go away and it gives some pain relief.

Yeah, if you do choose to use more, you can always start out slowly and work your way up, like with any drug. So you can really use up to 16mg in a day if you need that much, I would just take it in 4mg or 2mg intervals, instead of all at once. Buprenorphine is a drug where as it accumulates, you will get better effects, so dosing "more" later on, IMO is just as good as taking the equivalent "all at once".

This is slightly related to suboxone use regarding hydroxyzine...

What is a good dose to take for insomnia? I'm looking to find a good sleep aid since benzos don't do anything for me and it will be nice to have the ability to play with bupe/hydroxyzine down the line. I have taken 20mg oral and not really felt much sedative effects, also shot 20mg on another occasion split in two doses (from an old 10mg/day Rx) but I was also pretty high on opiates both times and wanted to stay up using so it's hard to isolate the effects.

This is slightly related to suboxone use regarding hydroxyzine...

What is a good dose to take for insomnia? I'm looking to find a good sleep aid since benzos don't do anything for me and it will be nice to have the ability to play with bupe/hydroxyzine down the line. I have taken 20mg oral and not really felt much sedative effects, also shot 20mg on another occasion split in two doses (from an old 10mg/day Rx) but I was also pretty high on opiates both times and wanted to stay up using so it's hard to isolate the effects.

For hydroxyzine hcl, I take roughly 12.5mg to 25mg orally. However I don't like using it for sleep I get groggy in the morning from it. It's better as an anxiolytic IMO, or as a potentiator for benzos. I prefer 4mg to 8mg IV in that sense.

For hydroxyzine hcl, I take roughly 12.5mg to 25mg orally. However I don't like using it for sleep I get groggy in the morning from it. It's better as an anxiolytic IMO, or as a potentiator for benzos. I prefer 4mg to 8mg IV in that sense.

Hmm, the sleep aid area is really limited when GABAergics don't do shit for you anymore.

Hmm, the sleep aid area is really limited when GABAergics don't do shit for you anymore.

Well maybe you need more hydroxyzine than I do. I am pretty sensitive to antihistamines IMO. If I snort a few mg's of doxylamine succinate I'm drooling all over myself in minutes.

Maybe you could try taking a mixture of hydroxyzine hcl, diphenhydramine hcl, and doxylamine succinate? That would make me pass the fuck out LOL!

thanks Georgie25 and Captain H, its hard to wrap my mind around the less is more thing. i'm goin to go up in my dose . i'll post what happens as far as pain and cravings go.

thanks Georgie25 and Captain H, its hard to wrap my mind around the less is more thing. i'm goin to go up in my dose . i'll post what happens as far as pain and cravings go.

Good luck man! Some people just have a much higher opiate tolerance than I ever had, so if that's the case for you, then you'll notice an improvement with more. So either way I hope it goes well for you. :)

Dont feel bad, ive been averaging 8mg/day for the past few weeks. Ive wanted to keep it at 4 or less, but i just need more right now.

Ive been on sub maintenance for a couple years now, with a 3 month break - a horrible attempt at stopping - last June. Been back on since October with not one problem. Saved my life twice now. But i want to get my dose lower, and im always just gonna take the least i can each day... and know that whatever that dose is, its the right one for that day. %)

Status
Not open for further replies.