• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat urgent question: I see the above faq about shooting through a bupe dose. I just wanted to ask a more specific question. I took 2mg of bupe about 6 hours ago and 2mg yesterday. My normal oxy dose is about 80mg. I just ran into some oxy and I want to take it tonight. I've "shot through" bupe before after about 12 hours with a normal dose. My question is that with my relatively low bupe dose and the fact I've only taken it two days in a row, can I expect to shoot through the bupe with my regular oxy dose right now or should I bump it to 100?

You can definitely shoot through with limited dampening of the effects. Dosing up to 100mg would definitely compensate for any loss in potency from the bupe and sounds about right on point. Just want to mention this- if you go into doing the oxy expecting that the bupe is going to interfere and mess up the experience that kind of thinking will definitely lead to doubts about actual use and probably make you think the oxy is having less of an effect than it is. Just relax and enjoy it, it should be very close to a normal experience and you might not notice (and the very well might not be) any difference from blocking if you have a positive mindset.

12 hours ago from 2mg Suboxone, I would say taking 100mg would be just as high if not higher than he'd expect. 80mg is probably all he needs, if that. Suboxone has probably helped his tolerance go down a little if anything. But if 80mg is what you like, go for 80mg.

Enjoy the OC!

K I dosed about 14 hours ago and the buzz is just now beginning to leave me. Would taking 1mg send me back to planet Jupiter, or do I need to recover fully first?

K I dosed about 14 hours ago and the buzz is just now beginning to leave me. Would taking 1mg send me back to planet Jupiter, or do I need to recover fully first?

I would wait, however you can take like another 0.5mg or 1mg to get back to where you'd like for the rest of the day. It's up to you. :)

Divide what you would take sublingually by 3 for IV dosing or you will be vomiting the rest of the night.

i respect your advice but am going to replace it with my own ;) .. IV .5mg and you'll be fine. :D

EDIT: im just saying it cuz he said he has no tolerance so .5mg is equal to about 1-1.5mg sublingual (depends on how good you are at SL) and thats a good starting dose for some1 with no tolerance.. my friends never do opiates except when i give them 1mg suboxone sublingually.

i respect your advice but am going to replace it with my own ;) .. IV .5mg and you'll be fine. :D

That is equivalent to like 1.7mg sublingual. If he is just coming down from 1mg that had him flying that will be sure to send him to sick land. Maybe you just have cynical intentions. :D

yes.. my intentions are cynical.. that settles that. im half asleep.. give me a break my math skill aint up 2 par.. ask CH i had him to simple math for me earlier cuz i couldnt figure out how to make .5mg/ml in a 30ml vial.. and then when he told me i was like i feel so stupid cuz it was so simple.

Last edited:
Is there any benefits to iving subs? Besides using less of it? Like does it get you high if youre prescribed it for maintenance?

Also, I've always wondered why there's a sword on the back of my 8mg suboxone pills, anyone know what thats suppost to mean?

Is there any benefits to iving subs? Besides using less of it? Like does it get you high if youre prescribed it for maintenance?

thats a point that has been being argued i think through all the suboxone FAQ threads.. some say yes (if your on a low dose) and some people call bullshit on that.

Also, I've always wondered why there's a sword on the back of my 8mg suboxone pills, anyone know what thats suppost to mean?

It's the brand logo imprint. Also slightly helps cutting them in half. Look at the first post the logo is on all Suboxone and Subutex tablets.

yeah like oxy said its the logo but..

i think of it as a sword to fight the battle of addiction.. kinda gay i know. but its possible that that's what they mean.

Edit: it could also be an odd looking syringe.. maybe they're trying 2 tell us to IV it.

yeah like oxy said its the logo but..

i think of it as a sword to fight the battle of addiction.. kinda gay i know. but its possible that that's what they mean.

Edit: it could also be an odd looking syringe.. maybe they're trying 2 tell us to IV it.

That's pretty gay. :D Bluelight seriously needs some more emoticons, I can hardly express my playful joking and other feelings with this palette, and there isn't even one for laughter, now that's budget. :eek:

I guess it does look like a syringe, I wondered if it was a narrow cross for some gay religious shit.

That's pretty gay. :D Bluelight seriously needs some more emoticons, I can hardly express my playful joking and other feelings with this palette, and there isn't even one for laughter, now that's budget. :eek:

I guess it does look like a syringe, I wondered if it was a narrow cross for some gay religious shit.

i wondered that too.. actually when this came up i took out one of my subs and was looking at it to see what it could be besides a sword or syringe.

Edit: but it does let you break it in half pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.