• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain heroin I need sum advice for me il give you my bac round , I'm an ex ecstasy abuser about 3 years ago for atleast a year , then went to percocet to 140 mg OCD day, the suboxone work great for withdrawl, but it's like I feel notthing I mean notthin , withdrawl like a roller coaster up n down, but atleast I was getting sum feeling durring withdrawl, suboxone jus makes with drawll plaaain.... I'm not sure how to put it..

Most have been already covered in this 38-page Megathread. You'll really find everything you wanted on here. In case anything you're looking for is still missing, feel free to ask about it.
Good luck

^ true.... i have heard from 8mg to 24 to 32mg........

so as a ceiling......i said 32mg.....makes sense to me.......

edit.....as in that 32mg would be the max ceiling dose.....i agree that the effects could be the same from about 8mg up...there are some people who really think they need 24 or more mg to feel "held".... so ill agree that per individual a ceiling dose for them could be far lower....i was only ever on 8mg myself.....

keep in mind methadone goes way higher....and in retrospective 32mg is low.......

Last edited:
One thing I am really liking about Sub is it is teaching me how to use medication properly. I do have occasional fleeting thoughts "I wonder what its like to snort this", but they are quick.

Anyways Suboxone is really helping me, of course withdrawal is difficult, but it is giving me time to rebuild my self and my life without the constant cravings for opiates. It also helps with alcohol cravings which is great for someone with a dual addiction like myself (I drank everyday for at least the last 5 years, no exceptions)

Captain heroin I need sum advice for me il give you my bac round , I'm an ex ecstasy abuser about 3 years ago for atleast a year , then went to percocet to 140 mg OCD day, the suboxone work great for withdrawl, but it's like I feel notthing I mean notthin , withdrawl like a roller coaster up n down, but atleast I was getting sum feeling durring withdrawl, suboxone jus makes with drawll plaaain.... I'm not sure how to put it..

Find things to do with your time.... sounds like you are bored. Its going to take awhile for you to sort out your feelings. Talk to your doctor about your dose, maybe its too high.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my third day of subs and my doctors started me at 4mg (2 white pills which say N2) , the past two days I've been taking only one, it feels like my sex drive is lowered n can't really get any dord of pleasure or satisfaction, it might b a phycological thing , but do subs actioly act like this or is it jus me, but non the less subs r great the only thing killing me like I said is the graving, I jus wana feel good again , with time I guess .. I'm thinking of tdppering off in 2 weeks while I'm in italy

Suboxone will result in a decreased sex drive in most people. If you do a rapid taper (2-4 weeks on Sub is very short compared to many others), you should find your sex drive comes back with a vengeance as soon as it starts to exit your system.

I'm 3 weeks clean of Suboxone now :). Down to 20mg of Valium (from 100mg at my peak). Also now a week clean of weed so it's all healthy living. My one slip up was drinking on Friday night. I caught up with a bunch of really good mates who I hadn't seen for a while in a pub and those pints just looked to good to say 'no' to. Ended up having about 8 pints. Not ideal but some positives were that I didn't get out of control, didn't make a fool of myself, went home when I'd had enough and REALLY came out of my shell socially. Everyone was saying I was like a totally different person than I'd been for the past 4 years.

My theory is that the Suboxone was tiring me out so much that my social skills suffered, plus I was always looking to go home and take my dose in any social situation. With that Suboxone crutch removed, there wasn't anything to 'go home to'. It was the first event like that I've enjoyed for years. I even got asked out on a date 8o guess I must be looking hot after dropping 10kgs ;) Looks like there were some benefits to all that vomiting, diarrhea and not eating while kicking Sub :D.

Did a 15kg walk today and feel fucking great after a 1.5 day hangover. Exercise, people. Do it!

suboxone, especially if it's your first time getting on it (IME) really can decrease your sex drive. For me, it was worse that dope dick, cause I could sometimes not even orgasm after hours of sex.

secondly, if you had a habit of 500 mg of oxy per dose, and then switched over to 8 mg for a month, and now want to relapse, DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT take nearly that much. I would take around the highish end of what a non dependent user would take to start of with (60 mg)

As for benzo's and bupe together, it depends on the situation.

if you are opioid naive, or have a dependency to a small dose of a relatively weak substance (lets so 40 mg of hydrocodone a day), then bupe and benzo's can be very dangerous. Buprenorphine creates full agonist affects that level out at about the same as 30 mg of methadone, so think about it that way. would you want to give someone who's never gotten high 30 mg of meth and then top it off with another CNS depressent? It's actually potentially more dangerous, as you need a much more powerfull opiate antagonist than narcane to pull you out of buprenorphine overdose.

That being said, if you are on sub maintenance, the risks are much less. The thing you want to watch out for then is how much benzo's you take. If you do not regularly take benzo's, or take them just once or twice a week, I would say to go with .5-1 mg of xanax as a starting point. I see people who never take benzo's pop whole stick's in there mouths because thats what they think you need to do to get high, when really, you should feel nice off 1/4 of that amount. It's taken me about 4 months to build up a tolerance where I can take 2-3 sticks at a time, and the effects I feel are just the same as they did when I was benzo naive and had to only take .5 mg.

Ok no one responded to this before, so I'm going to write it again.

It seems that suboxone has lost its ability for the most part to block full agonist opiates. I take doses of 16 mg and up, and can feel a .2 bag shot 12 hours later. Today I took twenty four milligrams, and after six hours shot 3 bags, got a rush, and a nod.

How is this possible? I've switched back and fourth between bupe and heroin for a couple of months now, so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but this just still doesn't make sense.

QUESTION, I have enough Sub to get me through about 12 days of a pretty heavy H withdrawal, now when those 12 days are up will the withdrawals start when I run out of my suboxone? I guess what I'm asking is the suboxone just another "opiate" that fills your receptors for the time being and you are still technically addicted to something? Or is it different to your brain all together and should the withdrawals cease considering 12 days is more than enough time to kick the physical withdrawals?

Yes, the sub is just another opiate and you're just delaying the withdrawal. You'll just be withdrawing from subs and not from H.

QUESTION, I have enough Sub to get me through about 12 days of a pretty heavy H withdrawal, now when those 12 days are up will the withdrawals start when I run out of my suboxone? I guess what I'm asking is the suboxone just another "opiate" that fills your receptors for the time being and you are still technically addicted to something? Or is it different to your brain all together and should the withdrawals cease considering 12 days is more than enough time to kick the physical withdrawals?

I might add, that I could actually kick the H habit on my own. BUT, try doing the same with Subutex and the wd are just insane. You need to be tapered off Subutex over a period of weeks, if not months. I've been trying for years to kick the sub habit. Without success I might add.

It seems that suboxone has lost its ability for the most part to block full agonist opiates. I take doses of 16 mg and up, and can feel a .2 bag shot 12 hours later. Today I took twenty four milligrams, and after six hours shot 3 bags, got a rush, and a nod.

How is this possible? I've switched back and fourth between bupe and heroin for a couple of months now, so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but this just still doesn't make sense.

Those both are large buprenorphine doses. I am surprised you were able to feel anything...

I feel about 40% of what I used to when I use heroin or oxycodone, and I'm on 2-3mg per day. Perhaps everyone is different with respect to bupe blockage?? :\

Those both are large buprenorphine doses. I am surprised you were able to feel anything...

I feel about 40% of what I used to when I use heroin or oxycodone, and I'm on 2-3mg per day. Perhaps everyone is different with respect to bupe blockage?? :\

When I last used, I did 0.3 and felt absolutely nothing. Perhaps its down to the quality of the gear, but I'm on 4mg.

This is how I kicked my 4 year long pain pill addiction. I took 1/4th of a pill ONE time a day for 8 days (after 48 hours after my last opiate dose) and it made me feel GREAT, NORMAL... no withdrawals. Then when the subs ran out, I was fine. I felt no w/d's AT ALL. I stayed clean and very happy for 3 years! In my opinion that's the only way people should use sub unless they really feel they need it for maintenance.

This is how I kicked my 4 year long pain pill addiction. I took 1/4th of a pill ONE time a day for 8 days (after 48 hours after my last opiate dose) and it made me feel GREAT, NORMAL... no withdrawals. Then when the subs ran out, I was fine. I felt no w/d's AT ALL. I stayed clean and very happy for 3 years! In my opinion that's the only way people should use sub unless they really feel they need it for maintenance.

Thanks for the light at the end of the tunnel, I was hoping that's how I could use these suboxone to my advantage cause I did something similar with methadone and if my self control was any better I would still be clean, and in fact would not desperately be seeking out a quick detox!

I really think that suboxone used in ssmall doses for very short time frames (10 days or so) to kick your DOC and get past w/d's is amazing. I used to credit it to saving my life because it absolutely did. But then I got chronic pain this last year and the docs handed me pain pills like they were candy and after 6 months I realized I was back in addiction hell and sought help from a sub clinic where I planned to do the short/low dose thing again and then boom.. the doc convinced me I needed it for maintenance, which I DIDN'T! And now here I am suffering a long drawn out withdrawal/detox that is WORSE than my DOC w/d would have been.

I used to praise sub as a miracle drug, it did save my life before but using it long term is extremely stupid and unneccesary (imo). I know some people need to be on long term but if you're serious about kicking your problem, do a short detox with sub and then get the hell away from it and never look back.

^ yeah, I feel that way about both suboxone and methadone, they are amazing substances for short term detox but only short term, because while I've never had to withdrawal from either I hear there horrible and personally would rather cold turkey heroin with some benzos then be physically dependent on those substances, but anyway I'm gonna try the 8 day detox that "SubDetox" mentioned and see how it goes, thanks for the advice man its much appreciated!

I hope it works for you! Good luck :) i'd take as little as possible of the sub. Like I said I took 1/4th of a 8mg pill once a day and that was enough to take away withdrawals. I had 2 pills and once they were gone I was absolutely fine! However I was just doing pain pills, never heroin but I had a pretty big habit over the course of 4 years. I'm not sure what amount you'll need to keep the w/d's away but i'd def start low and move up slowly if you absolutely need to till you figure out you stabalizing dose. And as long as you aren't on it for more than a week or so (I. Detoxed 10 days total after my 2 days of withdrawals before starting subs) you will not have a dependancy to the subs.

Let us know how it goes! I really wish I would have done it that way my seconsd time instead of staying on for 9 months, seriously. Worst decision ever.

I hope it works for you! Good luck :) i'd take as little as possible of the sub. Like I said I took 1/4th of a 8mg pill once a day and that was enough to take away withdrawals. I had 2 pills and once they were gone I was absolutely fine! However I was just doing pain pills, never heroin but I had a pretty big habit over the course of 4 years. I'm not sure what amount you'll need to keep the w/d's away but i'd def start low and move up slowly if you absolutely need to till you figure out you stabilizing dose. And as long as you aren't on it for more than a week or so (I. Detoxed 10 days total after my 2 days of withdrawals before starting subs) you will not have a dependancy to the subs.

Let us know how it goes! I really wish I would have done it that way my seconsd time instead of staying on for 9 months, seriously. Worst decision ever.

I think the fact that you were only doing pain pills, and used the Sub to kick it out is great and all, and i wish you good luck...BUT, opiates w/d's are different and Subs can and should be taken for maintenance over some time in many cases. Not to replace an addiction with an another, but this is a medicine after all and if used correctly, it can do miracles.
It saved me from a vicious 10-year relationship with H, and before i even hear about Bupes, all i had was Tramadol...They worked ok for the 1st few days, then BAM..as soon as i was back from my few-day cleansing trip, i'd jump back on the gear. Bad times! My point is Bupe is a very potent substance and should be used carefully and according to a plan. Good luck everybody and remember that life has a lot to offer, you just have to be receptive. Peace

Oh totally, like I said before I think it should be used for short detoxes unless you absolutely think you need it for maintenance. I understand that it can be very beneficial for people long term, especially if the alternative is going back to injecting heroin. I just wish someone would have told me what I told the other dude in my last couple posts before I got suckered into being told I "NEEDED" to stay on suboxone long term. I should have researched it more extensively myself as well but I trusted my doc and I liked that it took away my cravings for opiates. However, had I known about the shitty drawn out w/d period of suboxone I absolutely wouldn't have stayed on for more than a couple weeks tops.

But that is my personal opinion, and what would have been the best option FOR ME. I'm not here to say what's best for everyone, just sharing my experience and if it helps at least one person get free from opiates that is all that matters!

And you may think that just because I was addicted to pills and not heroin, it wasn't bad or as severe as a "junkie" but I owned my own house (well was buying/paying mortgage) at the age of 18, had a nice car, high paying job etc. And my addiction took my life down. We ended up pawning everything of value to get more pills, I dropped down to 101lbs because I hate to take so many pills at a time that they'd make me throw up and I didn't want to eat to ruin the high! I quit my job cause I was too sick either from the pills or w/d's, we eventually lost our house and my boyfriend of 5 years who was addicted the whole time with me (got me into it actually) left me about a month after we got clean heh. Opiates are opiates, just cause it wasn't heroin it still destroyed my life, was a living hell and I was praising god for suboxone at the end of it. It gave me my life back and for that I will be forever greatful!

And as soon as I get to the otherside of this last sub detox, I'm sure I will be greatful again!

Status
Not open for further replies.