• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP-I kicked a seven month , four mg a day habit cold turkey and the WDs were so mild I couldn't believe it. Looks like you're lucky like me.

Edit: actually I usually took it every other day, four mgs

Stopping Suboxone to Take Another Opiate?

So lets say SWIM wants to stop taking their suboxone to take Morphine, how long would he have to wait to be able to take the morphine with out going into precipitated withdrawls?

He takes 4mg Suboxone 3 times a day, and has been on it for 9 1/2 months.

How long?

You will not go into withdrawal from the morphine when the buprenorphine is still attached to your receptors, the morphine will just not do anything or be wasted. Someone would get precipitated withdrawal if they were on a normal opiate agonist, like morphine, and took Suboxone. My doctor told me that Suboxone can block the receptors for anywhere to one to three days, just depending on the person. I think 2 days is about right, at least for me, or wait until you feel the withdrawal from not taking the Suboxone, and then start the morphine.

SWIM is stupid, cut the crap. it doesnt protect you from your doctor or your probation officer or whoever may be following your posts.

EUkodol3000 is partially right, and i'll continue on the subject. If you take an opiate AFTER taking suboxone, then you will NOT get precipitated withdrawals. If you take and opiate BEFORE taking suboxone, and do not wait at least 24 hours (depends on last opiate used half life) you will more than likely go into precipitated withdrawals.

In my experience, to get at least 3/4 of the high when on sub maintenance, one needs to wait at least 72 hours. on 8 or 16mg (my use varied by day) after 72 hours+ tagamet, i was able to get pretty high off of one oxy 80. I've also used around roughly 32 hours after last 4mg suboxone dose and it took me 180mg of oxy to feel a strong high.

be careful, its hard to gauge tolerance after being on the subs.

What about Fentanyl patches? I have a 50mcg/hr Ratio Fent patch, what if I cut the strips up into a few pieces and then stuck them under my tongue or against my cheek and held it there? I am on 16mg of Suboxone a day, and I'm wondering the exact same question. And, I think I have heard before that FENTANYL can bypass buprenorphine. Is this true? :\

I would definitely wait 2-3 days. It's hard to be patient though when you have delicious shiny pills in your hand :[

I read an article by Dr Deluca on office based that seemed to suggest taking darvon or darvocet for a month to 6 weeks would help the withdrawals from sub, in addiction to benzo's Clonidine, lomotil, and nsaids. A study in England published dihydrocodeine was helpful in alleviating withdrawal symptoms in methadone & suboxone detoxification. Anyone tried these to see if they help?

it could work, but just be cautious like i was mentioning earlier, since your tolerance will be at a different place after being on subs for a while. i've gotten high on sub maint 2 or 3 times tops.
the golden rule is to wait 3 days if you want max effects.

wait at least 48 hours after your last dose to take another opiate. It might be a waste as 12mg of bupe is quite a lot considering the potency. You're on bupe for a reason, I wouldn't undo everything you've gone through for a few hours of pleasure

^ Well, darvon (propoxyphene) and dihydrocodeine are mu agonists, so they certainly will alleviate opioid (buprenorphine in this case) withdrawal, because they are opioids. This would be about the same as tapering off suboxone then going on to take a very tiny amount of codeine to ease WDs. If done correctly, it can be useful, especially in treating the lingering effects of bupe withdrawal, but if done incorrectly, it can ruin the whole taper.

i didn't feel like creating another thread because i just made 2 but how long should i wait to take bupe after shooting up some h(possibly fentayl)? I know people say to take it right when you feel wds but what if you starting feel faint wds the same day you've shot up?

I know somone who's taken oxycodone after a 8mg dose of bupe 12 hours later with dilauladid and got really high along time ago. This was after a year straight of taking it also.

EDIT: also you can OD

Also very bad idea, switching to a full agonist after bupe. It's like you finaly see the light. And you dont want to.

However for maybe 1% of people, you can use a shorter acting opiate to get rid of the long withdrawls. And miss them.

Hey.. got my hands on a few 8 mg suboxones for free and was wondering what is a good dose for a very low tolerant first time user? Just for a relaxing, enjoyable high, nothing crazy.

This thread WAS about Suboxone and how long to wait before using a full agonist?

Why do you always merge these threads Captain Heroin?? They go nowhere when you merge them because they get changed into a completely different topic. Like now you guys are talking about tapering-- what the hell buddy? Can't you have a little respect for some individuals on this forum? 8)

I just hit 25 days on Suboxone at 24mg a day from day one. My doctor recommended starting at the 24mg and staying at that level for 30 days and then dropping to 20mg for 4 weeks, 16mg for the next 4, and so on for a 6 month wd program. Aftering reading through the posts, I am beginning to feel a little mislead as to the proper dosage I could have started at in the first place. My habit was 180mg Oxy daily for about 6 months. I had been clean for 9 years prior to that except for dabbling with a few Vics a day for short runs of a month or two and then clean for a month in between.
The Suboxone makes me feel kind of dopey and dim witted, but I haven't felt any wd's from the Oxy since day one. Not a bad start, but now my concern is that possibly I started out way to high on the Sub. After spending a decade on Methadone in the '70's I sure would not want to repeat the months of wd from that again!
Should I be looking at cutting my dosage now (faster than doc advised) or am I already screwed with the 3 weeks at 24mg a day? I've cut it back 8mg over the past 3 days and don't really feel the difference other than feeling better, not quite so dim witted and a lot more energy on the lower dose. Have I just answered my own question? How far, how fast would be advisable to push it... zero cravings for Oxy at this point.

^Wow, that's crazy. Yeah, I think your doc started you way too high, since I transfered smoothly from about 100mg OC/ day (at least 80mg, sometimes 120...) to 3mg bupe insuffulated (equal to me to like 6mg sublingually).

I would try to taper a little quicker, since you're still at the beginning, but I wouldn't be surprised if your body is used to it by now. I'd just experiment a bit and see, since you obviously have a ton to play with. No matter what, though, I'd try to go down to a reasonable number in as near of the future as is possible.

It sounds to me like the doc took the packaging a little too literally... and the pharm company wins if they get you addicted for a really long time, so it appears you have to look out for yourself, unfortunately. Once you have taken the step to get off and seen a doctor, you shouldn't have any more bullshit to put up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.