• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone after Kratom - Precip withdrawals?

cryan

Bluelighter
Welp, I tried the oh so wonderful (NOT) kratom. No effects. But I'll post about that in trip reports. Now I am wondering how long after I have taken kratom is it ok to take suboxone? I don't want to cause precipitated withdrawal, but am not sure if that even applies to kratom, esp ineffective kratom. If it matters, I took 4.5g altogether of Crushed Leaf Bali Kratom. :p

Info...

Welp, I tried the oh so wonderful (NOT) kratom. No effects. But I'll post about that in trip reports. Now I am wondering how long after I have taken kratom is it ok to take suboxone? I don't want to cause precipitated withdrawal, but am not sure if that even applies to kratom, esp ineffective kratom. If it matters, I took 4.5g altogether of Crushed Leaf Bali Kratom. :p

LOL @ the :p !!

Anyway - just a few days ago I toyed with Kratom (useless) and took a Sub through normal method of administration and I did not experience any PWD's. Then again, I only consumed tea from about 2 grams of crushed/dried Black Label Kratom. I took the Sub approx. 5 hours after drinking all the tea and not consuming any more additionally.

I don't know the half-life of Kratom or anything (ADD folks?) but unless you are messed up beyond belief and decide to pop a Sub while still high, I don't think you'll have a problem....HOWEVER, I would wait regardless. It's the best advice when it comes to taking Subs after using ANY opiate.

Again, maybe someone from the ADD forum can shed a little light on Sub use after Kratom administration. I don't want my experience to be the reason you ended up taking a Sub and fucking yourself up with a fistful of PWD's!!!

Good luck!
R*B %)

Last edited:
I will continue to wait, it's already been 7 hrs since my last gram was consumed. I am toying with the idea of trying again tomorrow with maybe 2 more grams, but if I take sub tonight I'll have to wait a couple days. Seems that whenever i take suboxone I have to wait FOREVER for any opiate to be effective for me. I just posted in another forum I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me, cuz I waited a whole month, opiate free then tried a few pills and still got nothin. =( Frustrating.

Depends how often you take suboxone but if you had subs in your system before taking the kratom then you probally had all the K blocked by the bupe so you could just take some sub then.

Nope, had no subs in my system. Hadn't taken any sub in abt a week.

Kratom for the opiate-tolerant is useless honestly. In order to achieve a good euphoric opiate-like buzz, one would have to indulge in a very high quantity of very high quality Kratom. Maybe instead of crushed/dried leaves, see if you can't find Kratom Extracts...by me, there is one available that claims it is a 15x Extract. When you open the little container, there's a small amount of brownish powder in there, grounded quite nicely. You can pretty much poor this stuff into boiling water or into a drink VERY high in Citric Acid (it will pull the alkaloids out of the powder) and shake it together vigorously until you feel it has had time to mix and mesh properly.

I wouldn't think you'll precipitate withdrawals if you popped the Sub now though why should you...are you going through withdrawals right this second?

R*B

I mean, I for one have never experienced anything short of "inner warmth" from using Kratom via several different methods (e.g. double boiling the gram bags of dried leaves & stems, drinking Grapefruit Juice with 15x extract mixed in).

I would have to wonder if the active alkaloids found in Kratom that affect the mu opiate receptor are even strong enough in normal to moderate doses to attach to said receptor and completely fill it (like a full agonist). I would have to assume that once there there is some binding that possibly happens, the bind affinity would be incredibly weak since no euphoria or "feel good" sensations have ever been experienced.

IF Kratom effects the mu receptor, I have to believe it is of a weak bind if of any bind at all. So...will taking a Sub 5-10 hours after taking Kratom cause automatic precipitated withdrawals? I'm leaning towards no, but again...I would like someone from Advanced Drug to throw some pharmacological science into this debate!

Thanks,
R*B

Last edited:
I am wondering this same thing. But I have to disagree with previous posters about kratom not causing any euphoria. I use the high quality extracts from the ONLY good online vendor (Full SPectrum TIncture specifically) and I've been addicted to it for about 1.5 years. I am wondering how long I need to wait after my last dose to take a sub. ANyone?

Sorry for posting to this sort of old thread, but I have been reading up on Subs tonight, after having taken an 8mg filmstrip earlier today, and came upon this thread regarding kratom and "sub"sequent Suboxone use.

I'm afraid I can't give much of an answer to the OP's question, but I wanted to chime in with some general info on using kratom during, after, or in place of opiate use/addiction/dependence.

Some alkaloids in kratom are indeed mu-opioid receptor agonists, although as mentioned before the kratom leaf will never be as strong as morphine-based opiates (except maybe codeine or low dose hydrocodone). There are a couple of extracts, such as the above-mentioned Full Spectrum Tincture and another extract-enhanced powdered leaf product called Ultra Enhanced Indo, that are fairly strong. Most plain leaf and even extracts are however rather mild in comparison to morphine, oxy, hydro, and especially heroin.

People who are toleranced to opiates will likely require fairly large doses of kratom leaf in order to achieve the desired effect, if they are able to get it at all. If a person is opiate-naive, however, the effect would be similar to that of a low to moderate potency opiate, although qualitatively different. The euphoria and pain relief aspects are present, but not as extreme as with morphine-based opiates. Also, the withdrawal symptoms from kratom alone (it can cause them in some people, others do not get them even with heavy daily use) are far less severe.

When I quit methadone using kratom, I first tapered the methadone over months to the point where I was quite comfortable on 10-20mg/day. Then, I was able to switch painlessly to kratom using ~8g orally (don't make tea, swallow the powder whole) every 6-10 hrs. From this point, kratom can be tapered (much easier than tapering opiates) or used for maintenance, as well as for chronic pain, insomnia, and a whole slew of different purposes.

I personally find it to be a very beneficial herb for medicinal purposes, although not particularly recreational. Like I said, euphoria is present although not comparable to morphine-based compounds.

Also, I wanted to mention this... if you are getting your kratom leaf in gram bags, I assume they are coming from a head shop or legal-high type vendor. These are not the sorts of vendors I would ever buy kratom from, as it is likely overpriced, and low quality. You want a vendor that specializes in kratom. There is a lot of crap kratom out there these days, which has been leading some people to think it doesn't work. Trust me, this shit saved my ass from OC/methadone addiction, it works! ;)

As far as the OP's question, you are supposed to only take the Sub when you are in moderate withdrawals at least, or you can risk getting thrown into PW's. I've been through PW's, it's a bitch! If you're not sure that you're sick enough yet, wait 12 hours just to be safe. If you didn't even feel the kratom at all though, and you are already in severe withdrawals, you should be OK, but maybe wait a bit just in case.

I have taken Suboxone while being addicted to Kratom and having actually dosed Kratom earlier in the day. I did get some uncomfortable feelings but nothing that I would really call withdrawal. I just took the Suboxone not even thinking about PW's from the Kratom, so no it will not cause any serious PW's.

What was the outcome of this?

I am wondering this same thing. But I have to disagree with previous posters about kratom not causing any euphoria. I use the high quality extracts from the ONLY good online vendor (Full SPectrum TIncture specifically) and I've been addicted to it for about 1.5 years. I am wondering how long I need to wait after my last dose to take a sub. ANyone?

How long did you have to wait? Thanks....

Sorry for the bump on an old thread but I wanted to update it for anyone else in the future who might have the same question. If you're using kratom extracts (high quality ones) like I was (I was using 300-400mg oxy equivalent in tincture per day) then you need to wait at least 7 hours, preferrably like 8-10 hours before taking the sub. I didn't have any PWDs and I waited about 7-8 hours til I was pretty sick but not completely "dying" sick.

Also, recently I came off the extracts and have been using plain kratom leaf for a couple of weeks. Today I took 1mg bupe only 3 hours (maybe a lil less) after taking a 4gram dose of kratom leaf (I was still sick though because even with leaf I am still in withdrawal) and I did NOT go into PWDs after taking the sub. Only 1mg bupe made me feel WORLDS better since I'm currently 2 weeks into quitting my heavy addiction and have only been using kratom leaf and I feel like shit normally. Anyways, kratom's half-life is obviously not all that long since bupe doesn't seem much of a problem. Just be safe.

1 mg of bupe isn't enough to fully saturate the receptors. You might be avoiding PWD by using a dose of bupe lower than 2-4 mgs (where people find bupe blockade effects to be in full effect)

Well, a half hour after I started feeling the 1mg I took another 1mg or so and it didn't throw me into PWDs. I really think I could have taken any amount of sub and it wouldn't have thrown me into PWDs. I personally think that 1-2mg WILL put you in PWDs even if the blocking effects are not as strong at that dosage. The reason you go into PWDs is not because of the blocking affect per se but it's because bupe has a very high affinity for certain opiate receptors and will "suck out" any other opioid that is currently occupying those receptors save for something that has an even higher affinity and there are not any or many opioids that have a higher affinity than bupe. Now, technically the high affinity IS the reason for the blocking affect but even 1-2mg is going to take over the receptors ESPECIALLY when plain kratom leaf alkaloids are the only thing occupying those receptors.

If anyone else has any experience with kratom or sub or both that they would like to share, please do.

If you have a physical dependence for opioids I kinda doubt you could escape a PWD if dosing greater than 4mg of suboxone, or whatever dose needed to strip enough full agonist off. Even though it has such high affinity, if it doesn't strip the necessary amount of the full agonist off to produce a weaker overall response, an antagonist effect shouldn't happen. There would still be full agonists occupying mu-opioid receptors causing enough pharmacological effects to avoid the PWD. The PWD should manifest it's self once the amount of buprenorphine on the mu-opioid receptors is greater than the amount of full agonists that would be needed to produce a greater biological response than the buprenorphines partial agonisms biological response. Being a partial agonist, it doesn't automatically act as say naloxone, an actually antagonist. It still produces a biological response when activating the receptors. The issue is when the one has a dependence and is used to the level of biological response being greater than that of the bully buprenorphine's biological when it strips the appropriate proportion full agonist off, or saturates the receptors.

Atleast that is why I feel you may not have consumed enough bupe to cause a PWD, Or maybe I could see when you redosed you redosed far enough in the future where the body are started adjusting itself to the bupe having a large biological response as the kratoms effects wear off.

If I'm off on this anyone let me know.

Last edited:
it takes weeks for buprenorphine concentration to show a significant decline in blood plasma during maintenance.

a few days of any opiate agonist does not mean you are now dependent on that opiate. in fact, any withdrawal is likely going to be the buprenorphine withdrawal that was merely 'covered up' by the full agonist.

precipitated withdrawal is only going to occur when someone takes buprenorphine when they are totally physically dependent on an opioid that is not buprenorphine.

so no.

Not sure if my story here makes a difference. Someone replied on my thread saying somtthing : "aren't you afraid of Precipiated Withdrawal from Kratom?" when I asked if I would be able to take a small amount of sub for recreational purposes after I have not taken suboxone for over a month now and have been on Kratom.

I said No.. because it isn't an opiate. (?) I took 60mg of percocets a week ago and I've been taking Kratom daily. I took it that day before the Percs multiple doses and then took the Percs with no issue, I then took 45mg , then some more kratom, then decided to take them all. and I took more Kratom afterwards.. even the extract/tincture I took. And no Precipitated withdrawal or anything of the sorts.

Sooo.. not sure to say if Kratom is an opiate or not.

Not sure if my story here makes a difference. Someone replied on my thread saying somtthing : "aren't you afraid of Precipiated Withdrawal from Kratom?" when I asked if I would be able to take a small amount of sub for recreational purposes after I have not taken suboxone for over a month now and have been on Kratom.

I said No.. because it isn't an opiate. (?) I took 60mg of percocets a week ago and I've been taking Kratom daily. I took it that day before the Percs multiple doses and then took the Percs with no issue, I then took 45mg , then some more kratom, then decided to take them all. and I took more Kratom afterwards.. even the extract/tincture I took. And no Precipitated withdrawal or anything of the sorts.

Sooo.. not sure to say if Kratom is an opiate or not.

No were saying dosing kratom then for example dosing suboxone afterwards the only way I get PWD's is if I shoot the suboxone.
other be wise its no go for me cause like me wanting to know I was going to do some sub but I did kratom and I dont want to if it will cause PWD's

Sorry dude but your wrong...everONE is different on the time they have to wait on taking subutex or suboxone.

Period
So be careful on giving this info to the less experienced bc they will listen to you an throw therself in PWs.. thats fucked up just bc they listened to someone who gave a self analysis...everyone is different an that gose with all drugs.

Contiversal random fact****

Remember ppl subutex and suboxone are no different in the time you have to wait to prevent PWs!!!!! Get this strait for once its not the blocker (nalaxone) that throws you into PWs its bupe itself... there MITE be a couple hour difference between the two but you can still get sick on subutex.