• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Study: Flavored small cigars are popular with kids

I smoked those Cheyennes for awhile...They are way too small to re-roll as a blunt...They're really not bad as a cigarette substitute, considering they are 1/4 the price in my home state where even the cheapest generics are at least 7 dollars, with Marlboros and Newports 9-10!

Where I live now, cigarettes are half that price....The East Coast US must have the most expensive cigarettes in the world these days!

The Cheyennes in my state are still able to be had, but they had to change the formula(theyre bigger), and all you can get is menthol and regular....Before, they had about 12-15 different flavors, including cherry, peach, mixed berry, vanilla etc.

The cigars that are used for weed are still being sold, the most popular, "dutch masters" came in a few different flavors, but not any fruit flavors afaik...Last I knew, you could still get Philly Blunts in Grape, strawberry, green apple etc. The Dutch's have a better quality wrap around them, that's why they've replaced Philly's IMO...

Also, they sell "blunt wraps" pretty much everywhere now, which saves the trouble of having to perfectly split open a cigar without messing it up everytime...They're also bigger, softer and more forgiving than cracking open a real cigar....Those also come in peach, mango, cherry etc.

some of the fruit flavors are pretty good and adults use them too...I'm in my 30s and the liquid I use for my e cigs are jolly rancher, redbull, gummy bear...and they're trying to ban these too! Apparently anything with a fruity flavor is designed to lure in children and should be banned!

We don't even have the freedom to have things be different flavors anymore? WTF!

I could give two fucks about added flavoring. They did a study showing that American and Australian cigarettes had 2x the carcinogens of European (and Canadian?) cigarettes. That these are even worse for you is not cool. I find it ridiculous that they raise taxes on cigarettes to try to get people to stop smoking, and at the same time allow such a replacement. Personally, I would like to see small tobacco farms similar to micro breweries making all natural, good tasting tobacco (not dry and nasty American Spirits). I wouldn't be surprised if big tobacco has all the licensing locked up in the US, making such a thing legally impossible.

My personal favorite smoke are Gauloises without any additives. They actually had a bio/organic version a while ago, but I think it was a special edition thing. Regardless, smoking is pretty unhealthy, hence why I only smoke when having a beer every once in awhile.
gauloisesselectionrotohnezusaetze602881.jpg

If these were really marketed to kids "to get them hooked" as claimed, we should expect to see cigarette smoking rates going up among kids.
Not necessarily. Only if the marketing is effective. But they could be marketing them to kids without being too successful, and the smoking rates are stable. Or, they could be taking over the market, and while smoking rates remain stable, their product is accounting for a higher percentage of sales and use.

Two of five kids smoke flavored "cigars or cigarettes" (read on). That means three of five kids (who smoke) do not smoke these products.
Yes, but what you are saying doesn't mean that their marketing is not effective, or that thousands of kids are not smoking their products and developing life-long habits which will lead to COPD, cardiovascular disease, lung and throat and mouth cancers, etc. Nobody said that most kids smoke these flavored cigars, did they?

So, while I share your concerns about the nanny state, I walk away from reading this saying "Shit! They should keep addictive stimulants away from kids."

I thought they banned cloves...in some places anyway....The fact that something may be considered attractive to young people doesn't mean that it should be outright banned for everyone!

Just because something is "fruit flavored" doesn't mean it's intentionally being marketed to children.....Having an ad campaign with cartoon characters is one thing, but none of these companies have put out ads geared towards children....I don't think you really even can advertise cigarettes anymore...IDK

This was made to distract from the real tragedy...

POOR PEOPLE

I see so many poors smoking these god-aweful things it makes me mad...

Booze and tobacco shouldn't be made accessible the way it is.

What lacks in price always and is connected to a lack in quality.

They are banking off of feeding people cheap garbage. That is what we should be mad at.

There should be cheaper class a cigarettes, not this shitty mixture of tobacco waste product.

If you ever become poor PJ you may feel different. The reason they are cheap is because if the tax bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if they cost more to produce than marlboros.

They avoid being taxed as cigarettes because on the greedy East Coast, the states tax 200% or more of the price for the cigarettes so that they can steal money from all the "evil" cigarette smokers!

It's so funny to see some of the BLers on here holding down the party line by thinking heroin and cocain should be legal but cigarettes should be illegalized or taxed to death! People have just as much of a right to smoke tobacco as anything else...People start smoking because they're around other people who offer them a cigarette, not because it's cherry flavored or the Joe Camel and the Marlboro man make them do it! It's so typical....believing people should be free do as they please....as long as it's on your little check list of what's acceptable!

If you ever become poor PJ you may feel different. The reason they are cheap is because if the tax bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if they cost more to produce than marlboros.

They are cheap because they use garbage tobacco and low budget tobacco pulp paper... There is simply no quality there. It can't be. The materials won't allow it. Marlboro isn't the essence of quality cigarettes either I must throw out there...

I am not rich by any means, but to help the poor kill themselves off is just wrong... You need to help uplift people, not give them bullshit and pass it off as a cigar or cigarette...

They deserve quality just like us... That's all I'm saying.

^Oh those Cheyennes are made of the cheapest garbage on earth! the black and milds are pipe tobacco, which I don't think is really all that much worse than premium cigarettes, but a black and mild is around a buck a piece, the Cheyennes and little flavored cigarillos are 1.50 to 2.00 for 20!

I smoke a blunt a year its already a hassle getting them. When I walk by high school near me they are smoking cigarettes, or joints, never mini cigars. The cougars playing video lottery terminal in dive bars smoke that shit, but I never see kids smoking them.