L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Straight men who check out other men

Foreigner

Bluelighter
I have a question for the straight guys at BL, because for the life of me I can't figure this out.

Why do straight men always check me out? Or I guess a better question would be, why do guys who aren't sexually into each other check each other out? What's the deal?

With the exception of a few instances, I don't usually get a sexual vibe from it. I'll be at the gym and guys are looking me over; I'll walk down the street past patios and straight guys are checking me out; sometimes they're even with their girlfriends when they're looking at me. If this sheds any light on it, men of status tend to check me out the most... guys in the business district, in suits. They're the most intense about it!

The funny thing is, they don't want to get caught looking at me because they're probably afraid that I'll wonder if they're gay. So they don't look directly at me and wait until I'm looking away, but I can still see them at the corner of my eye checking me out.

I know people are going to ask me how I know they're even straight. Just trust me, I know. My gaydar and straightdar are finely tuned.

So what's the deal??

post a picture an i'll enlighten you as to why they are looking.

if you are unusually attractive that will grab anyones attention as besides sex we are drawn to beauty as an image to focus upon

Not to say definitively, but a possibility is sizing the other up.

Maybe you just appear striking in some way, as well.

if you are unusually attractive that will grab anyones attention as besides sex we are drawn to beauty as an image to focus upon

That is true Foreigner. I get that same look from women whenever I am out. I think it's the level of how attractive you are plus the aura

this is so true. i find myself staring at women who have beautiful faces or physiques. the motive isnt necessarily sexual, i love simply admiring and appreciating their beauty for a fleeting moment.

...kytnism...:|

they are trying to evaluate your dick size and shape through your pants.

they are consumed with repressed desires to recreate the bath houses of ancient greece.

seriously though, how could you possibly know that they are looking at you sexually? surely someone could be looking at you because your hair is messy or your shoelaces are undone or your shirt looks great. you could only ever know if you communicated with them. i think that perhaps you might be preoccupied with the social perception of homosexuality and being self-conscious of that.

Last edited:
^ No, as I said already, the vast majority of the time it's not a sexual gaze.

I apologise, 'checking out' essentially means sexual observation in this country.

From a personal perspective I usually check out gay people and act overtly positive to them in order to indicate that I'm accepting of their sexuality. I feel the need to do so because it isn't wholly accepted in society as yet.

^ No, as I said already, the vast majority of the time it's not a sexual gaze.
Man, I'm in good shape and I catch guys sizing me up all of the time. I know exactly what they are doing because I've done it and still do it too. It's a combination of sizing you up and admiring/realizing how good you look. In my mind, I'm thinking "damn, those are good looking hamstrings...I need to get mine like that"

i see tons of rednecks or street-dudes swagger ridiculous, disregarding personal space and sizing people up. I think that's just knuckleheads and testosterone.

If we are talking about sizing up flaming obvious homosexuals, that's probably a variety of entertainment(novelty,humor) , repressed sexual fantasies, and genuine interest.

It may be jealousy, admiration, or a combination of the two.

As a straight female I find myself looking at other women whom I find attractive. I do not do it in a sexual way, rather I do it because I can appreciate beauty. Sometimes I even look at them because I may be a bit envious- their physique, facial features, etc.

Pretty much. We're hard wired to be attracted to certain body types. Not just for procreational purposes ( opposite sex ) but for social hierarchy reasons as well.

about a week ago, I caught my brother checking out my arms lol

i size up all other men, to see if I can beat them up or not. im not "checking" them out.

Man, I'm in good shape and I catch guys sizing me up all of the time. I know exactly what they are doing because I've done it and still do it too. It's a combination of sizing you up and admiring/realizing how good you look. In my mind, I'm thinking "damn, those are good looking hamstrings...I need to get mine like that"

True dat. I think it's just in the nature of guys to size each other up, and doubt it has anything to do with being a meathead or redneck. I remember seeing an excellent study on social interaction in kids and how the boys related to each other was radically different from the ways the girls did. Where the girls made inroads with one another through mimickry and pointing out similarities, the boys were always trying to one-up each other and establish their own sense of dominance in the group.

In the adult world, I feel that, at least for the guys, that tendency to vie is amplified. Even if you don't have any respect for alpha-male meatheads, the fact remains you have to either find your own way to supercede them or end up being their bitch in the social heirarchy. And you can't fucking avoid them because they. are. everywhere.

True dat. I think it's just in the nature of guys to size each other up, and doubt it has anything to do with being a meathead or redneck. I remember seeing an excellent study on social interaction in kids and how the boys related to each other was radically different from the ways the girls did. Where the girls made inroads with one another through mimickry and pointing out similarities, the boys were always trying to one-up each other and establish their own sense of dominance in the group.

In the adult world, I feel that, at least for the guys, that tendency to vie is amplified. Even if you don't have any respect for alpha-male meatheads, the fact remains you have to either find your own way to supercede them or end up being their bitch in the social heirarchy. And you can't fucking avoid them because they. are. everywhere.
My lats are bigger than yours.