• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopping oxycodone in 1 day. Please Help

To clarify, its not that i dont think bananas wont help or gaba for sure wont work. But, that opiate addiction is a medical disorder in which the odds are stacked against you and is potentially life threatening. Therefore, like if you had say diabetes yes a healthy diet and supplements may reduce your risk of developing or worsening your diabetes but right now more powerful somewhat risky chemicals are important for stabilizing someone who is statistically in immediate danger.

Thanks I'm just spiraling down emotionally, for which there isn't much. I took oxycodone for seven years so it's not like I was walking around buzzed.
I'm not shunning the addiction label but my body is accustomed to it and having some is difficult.
Btw I am taking gabapentin. My physical symptoms are worse but I think it's the emotional stuff that is sucking. I guess it's just part of it.

Sometimes its the daily use for legit reasons like pain that create the most addiction. Someone whos using it to walk around high is prob going hve a much easier time because its extra. Vs someone in pain taking it just to get by.does the clonidine help your ability to control your impulses? Its similar to tenex a adhd med.

d1nach, All clonidine does is make me sleep. I've been reading (yes I'm a geek) that depression and drug cravings kick in hard now. Very true.
I don't want oxy, I just want this wretched feeling to go away.
Thanks to the 180 minute limit on message sending I can't message someone who welcomed me (smoky) and ask her advice or if I can post on a megathread (still open) about this.
This is hellish. Thanks for being here.

d1nach, All clonidine does is make me sleep. I've been reading (yes I'm a geek) that depression and drug cravings kick in hard now. Very true.
I don't want oxy, I just want this wretched feeling to go away.
Thanks to the 180 minute limit on message sending I can't message someone who welcomed me (smoky) and ask her advice or if I can post on a megathread (still open) about this.
This is hellish. Thanks for being here.

Hi CD, How many days have you gone now without oxy, my fight starts next friday yes black friday ive been on oxy higher doses than you for almost 2 decades for pain man for disc problems in back. As my pain man started cutting my dose i was always in front of them weening ive been weening for over two years but after a disagreement i was discharged two months ago. I knew it was coming docs dont care anymore even with people having legit reasons they just care about themselves. For the last four months i was using only oxy saving my roxy 15s to jump from ive tapered from 2 80mgs oxy with 4 30mgs roxys daily plus morphine too couple years back to now 7.5 mgs roxy twice a day and a kratom dose for night. Been a long road my taper but after almost 2 decades i dont know if i was very brave or just scared shit of the end. Please hang in there you are inspiring others like me. btw i have no zophran either i asked my doc not sure if he heard me but i heard Dramamine works ok which is in all stores.

Last edited:
Hi "the last dose", we're in the same boat that every pain med recreational user and heroin junkie put us in. Sorry but I'm not mincing words.
I'm not on pain meds to get high and no your doctors could not care less about you than some idiot with "vague lower back pain" trying to cop.
I'm on day five. I'm depressed and sometimes jonesing just to get rid of the feeling. I just knock myself out with clonidine or deal with it.
My first advice is get your meds in order. Because I'm a scientist I have a lot of doctors and clinical pharmacists with big, helpful brains (not all do!), I have help with dosages and what's safe. Most of what I found here about "harm reduction" is old, but still accurate.
DON'T believe everything you read here. Some people recommend really high doses of loperamide- like 100s and there are threads about how it can hurt you permanently. You might only find the bad advice.
And stay with safe people. By which I mean setbacks can occur from someone you don't know or a toxic person and it can throw you off balance. Cocoon yourself as much as possible.
Your tapering is superior and I salute you. I'm sick of taking this garbage (after all these years of tapering I can't imagine it gets you high, although I hope your pain is under control) and the hassle that comes with it. That's what keeps me going.
And honestly it's not as bad as you think. Drop me a precious message when you start and I will try to help you.
It's weird to think I'm inspiring anyone and you might want to look at other sites that focus more on getting clean for more responses and more accurate ones (I got some bad and some unrealistic advice on a duplicate thread that was closed on Other Drugs) but if you stay here post on this thread. Let me know in the message where you land, even if it isn't BL.
Oh, and check out the thread Smoky posted. I'm not sure if you can post there if you have an active thread. I'll find out.
Good luck- the fear of doing it is worse than doing it!!!!

p.s. If you do get a high from your meds you're going to have a harder time. Be realistic about that. And disc pain is a bad one. I'm sorry.

One last thing. I don't have Zofran, I have promethazine. It's a prescription antihistamine with strong anti-emetic (vomit prevention properties). It makes you a little sleepy but fortunately I haven't needed it - no nausea. I recommend clonidine and gabapentin and benzodiazepines if you can get them. The good news is many docs are willing to give you what you need (short course, which will stop you from becoming addicted to something else) to get you off opiates.

I meant post on Basic Drug Discussion or whatever this forum is. Other drugs is more advanced.

Hi CD, Im not a scientist but im pretty well imformed ive been researching ending this bullshit for years. And i have not felt (high) my meds in over 12 years all my meds have done at best make me feel normal, the crazy thing is once i stopped my oxys and was just using roxy i would go into withdrawl 3 hours before next dose and when i would take 15 mgs roxy i would feel a rush when it hit me like 20 years ago. What an evil thing to happen when somebody weening down but like i told my wife that little dude popped up on my shoulder and i flicked him off its been too long and ive been thru too much im only looking to end this nitemare!. If i ever wanted to get high again theres plenty other ways that end on the weekend and you go to work without not ops there on ya everywhere you go i fuckin hate that being controlled. oh i have a thread too if u wanna check it out keep rocking your kicking ass http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...o-get-off-for-good-please-help-have-questions

Sorry didn't mean to pull rank with the scientist stuff. This isn't my area by far (more like malaria resistance) so I have to ask colleagues for help as some of my treating docs are idiots.
Thanks for some leeway!

Sorry didn't mean to pull rank with the scientist stuff. This isn't my area by far (more like malaria resistance) so I have to ask colleagues for help as some of my treating docs are idiots.
Thanks for some leeway!

Oh shit NP im open for any info you can never have enough info with facing impending horror! and with your background i fully except your rank ive just read till my eyes hurt all web so? but bluelight has been real help thanks keep going your doing great! im gonna follow your progress

One last thing. I don't have Zofran, I have promethazine. It's a prescription antihistamine with strong anti-emetic (vomit prevention properties). It makes you a little sleepy but fortunately I haven't needed it - no nausea. I recommend clonidine and gabapentin and benzodiazepines if you can get them. The good news is many docs are willing to give you what you need (short course, which will stop you from becoming addicted to something else) to get you off opiates.

Ondansetron (Zofran) is the far superior anti-emetic. I base this just on my own empirical evidence. Also, many, including myself, experience an exacerbation of symptoms like RLS/Akathisia when taking sedating antihistmaines like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), Promethazine (Phenergan) and Hydroxyzine (Vistaril, Atarax). It makes my legs go so fucking crazy, I contemplate somehow destroying them. I would advise against them in favor of Clonidine, which seems to sedate pretty effectively without worsening any symptoms.

Also, showers are great! I don't know what it is about it, but a hot shower seems to temporarily take away those symptoms. If only there were a way to harness whatever the hell it is that makes them feel good. Hope you're doing well Cduggles, we're all proud of your progress.

Fortunately no vomiting but I gotta go with what I have.
I had to drag myself to the shower but it was pretty great.

So I had an interesting moment. I was away from home for the first time and I had to take a med. I opened a small pillbox and there's oxycodone. Wrong pillbox. I feel nothing right now and my body is letting me know that I'm in pain. All over but also at my small but invasive surgery site (I love my operating surgeon... words rarely uttered). I know these pills are going to take it all away and I didn't even want them. I dug around for the right meds and voila. So for today I'm fine.

I'm ready to take oxycodone at end of day 6. The depression and anhedonia are overwhelming. I'm not seeing any other options.

the last dose- message me if you want to have another support- you have a lot. I won't be around posting but I will look out for your message. Good luck!

I posted this in Other Drugs with no replies.
I've taken oxycodone for 5+ years for medical reasons. I don't snort or shoot it up. I tapered to 80mg and stalled with severe withdrawal symptoms, including panic attacks, RLS, and severe headaches. I and my doctors want to discontinue it over a week, starting in 2 days.
I've read a lot here that has been helpful. I'm hoping to post as I go for additional advice and encouragement. I'm somewhat lost doing this.
After reading, I'm fortunate to have these: alprazolam, clonazepam, gabapentin (limited), baclofen, clonidine, loperidine (OTC Imodium), dicyclomine, mirtazepene
I have a high tolerance to benzodiazepines, about the equivalent of 3mg/day.
Here are some questions.
1. Instead of taking more benzos, would clonidine, baclofen, dicyclomine and loperidine be a good day combination? I'm thinking the first two for anxiety and RLS/twitching. Dicyclomine and loperidine are for my very weak stomach.
2. Mirtazapene helps me sleep. Which other meds will help get me through the night?
I have horrible insomnia but I'm scared after reading about drug interactions here that kill you in your sleep!!
3. Do any of these meds help with vomiting? it's a difficult thing because I can't run to the bathroom.
4. Is the diarrhea so bad that I should get adult diapers? Is there some warning?
5. Any suggestions for food/drinks besides bananas and lots of water?
6. Anything else? Dosages for HR if okay would be great
I know many of you have done this. I'm so scared because my taper suddenly went so nightmarish and I've read some scary things here. I'll do whatever it takes, and I hope you'll help me get through it because I really need support. Thanks!

If this is not allowed please delete. But when I first attempted to get clean before the methadone my doc gave me clonadine. It's a non narcotic blood pressure med that will help you sleep and it really helps with withdrawal. I didn't succeed cause I needed more help