• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopping H after restarting for a week

I was honest with the sub doctor when I first went in - explained to him why I wanted Suboxone over Methadone. He said as long as I stay clean - he tests me every time I go in - he'll keep me on the subs

I see no reason he wouldn't give them to you - especially if you're only trying to do a week taper. Good luck man, we're all better off without this shit! And I know how hard it is to resist the call!!

You think he'd be ok with prescribing benzos with them? Cause I kno I'm going to need them for a while for the anxiety and to sleep

Hey Dellpoker,

I am a former Herion addict, I was an intravenous user- I know the disgust and pain you must be feeling. It's a vicious cycle as most of us all know too well. I don't have the master key to beating H however I'll tell you what I did-- After realizing that everything I worked so hard for was all gone including important relationships, family, assets, my entire liquidity in general was spent due to my addiction I decided to call my sister. I had her pick me up from the Boulevard (the corner spot aka dope den, the place to acquire whatever you may need) I got to her house and began the detoxification process. I quit cold turkey, it took a solid 3 weeks for the physical withdrawal symptoms to finally subside and I'd say 6 weeks to feel like a normal, compliant citizen of society. All at the expense of everything I worked so hard for but I have my life back. It was a huge learning experience one that could never be forgotten. My honest to god opinion and many will disagree but-- Quitting without any medicinal mitigation to slowly taper off was the best thing I ever did, feeling that physical pain of withdrawal was enough to never go back. Coming off of H was one of the most excruciatingly painful, exhausting experience I've faced to date. Your small binge on this particular relapse will likely be hardly noticeable, it's in your head bro, the mental addiction is your struggle right now. Delete your D-boy's burner line from your contacts, remove yourself entirely from any person, place, thing, anything that could possibly trigger you. Above all else,, want it more then anything you've ever wanted in your life. It's possible man, get through that shit, no one harnesses the power to sustain a viable life using H. IMPOSSIBLE CHIEF! let it go!

That was my issue is I couldn't get the benzos - he offered me non benzo anxiety medicine, but I don't know what that would be so I turned it down
I got some flexeril from a friend which helped me sleep - actually oddly enough I did a little dope afte the subs the first couple days and that knocked out the withdrawal and leveled me out

I should say it knocked out the anxiety - I was really concerned the subs wouldn't work and it was making me fear the withdrawal and inability to sleep to an extreme level

Hey Dellpoker,

I am a former Herion addict, I was an intravenous user- I know the disgust and pain you must be feeling. It's a vicious cycle as most of us all know too well. I don't have the master key to beating H however I'll tell you what I did-- After realizing that everything I worked so hard for was all gone including important relationships, family, assets, my entire liquidity in general was spent due to my addiction I decided to call my sister. I had her pick me up from the Boulevard (the corner spot aka dope den, the place to acquire whatever you may need) I got to her house and began the detoxification process. I quit cold turkey, it took a solid 3 weeks for the physical withdrawal symptoms to finally subside and I'd say 6 weeks to feel like a normal, compliant citizen of society. All at the expense of everything I worked so hard for but I have my life back. It was a huge learning experience one that could never be forgotten. My honest to god opinion and many will disagree but-- Quitting without any medicinal mitigation to slowly taper off was the best thing I ever did, feeling that physical pain of withdrawal was enough to never go back. Coming off of H was one of the most excruciatingly painful, exhausting experience I've faced to date. Your small binge on this particular relapse will likely be hardly noticeable, it's in your head bro, the mental addiction is your struggle right now. Delete your D-boy's burner line from your contacts, remove yourself entirely from any person, place, thing, anything that could possibly trigger you. Above all else,, want it more then anything you've ever wanted in your life. It's possible man, get through that shit, no one harnesses the power to sustain a viable life using H. IMPOSSIBLE CHIEF! let it go!

That must have been very hard but quite rewarding. It's hard to explain but this sense of value you get for yourself after achieving this is definitely worth it. You just have to give in and trust that you can do this.

I have been s functional addict for five years and I wonder If I can keep going on.

Truth is that I need pain management for severy back related pain maybe until I die.

I want to have some goog time and these same drugs help me feel euphroria too when taken 2 two 4 times a month with larger dose is this considered bad and what could happed from that kind of use?

Obviously it's hard feeling pain when you already have a problem with opiates.
At some point, when this happened to me I realized I was better off without painkillers rather than dealing with them myself.

See if you can get some medical help. A good doctor that realizes you are in pain and can work with you on the dosages.
It's never going to be enough. That has always been the problem. :\

Thanks for the message man I can't go cold turkey man if I get that sick my wife w find out

Order kratom online, I have never used opiates but try kratom, they use it in rehab for opiate addicts. I have heard the withdrawals of heroin being horrific, please do your self a favor and order yourself some kratom, honestly it as a terrific high.

Erikmen, I have had six back surgeries and I have been clean after the surgeries for a four to six months until something has broken again and I has been put to awaiting list for surgery and given oxycodone again.

I am pretty much tired of going in surgery and rehabilitation to get my nerves and muscles right and I have been thinking If I could just copy with fysiotherapy along oxycodone treatment instead going to surgery AGAIN.

Surgeries and the rehabilitation lowers my functionaly and I can't function as a dad on them for over an two moth.

While I am on oxycodone I can do my work and be a father and I only use oxycodone recreationally when my daughter is on her grandma over the night.

I have just guessed if it would be better to skip the surgery and use oxycodone thenway I use and be a dad for my daughter all the time.

I am not sure if others understand that during rehabilitation it brings tears to my eyes when my daughter ask my to jump her into a ceiling etc.

MrRoot, I'm so sorry to hear you have gone through all of these painful surgeries.

I have been submitted to a large orthopedic surgery once so I can partially relate to your suffering.
I'm also a father and would do everything to able to be present and feel comfortable with my children.

I do apologize if I've misread you. All I was trying to say was how things had worked (and not worked) for me from my perspective. Oxycodone is good for pain but some doctors prefer to use something that can last longer.
Back then, they had prescribed Fentanyl patches which is potent and each patch would last up to 3 days. Of course in this case this was supposed to be temporary.

It was a large surgery and I remember having to be on Intensive Care for more than a couple of days.

I really wish you the best! I apologize if I've misread you. I was trying to say how things had worked for me from my perspective.

Keep in touch and hope you enjoy the holidays with your family! :)

Last edited: