• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Stoned Or Overthinking?

Ok so I'm stoned posting this but I'm a very casual Marijuana user like once or twice a week after a night out but I also have anxiety so when I get high I tend over overanalyze everything about my life including my health, habits, finance, relationships, etc. And when my high wears off I start to think clearly again. But when I'm stoned it seems to make so much sense. Which side is right? Am I just overthinking?
This is a common thing, it's related to stress and anxiety you fight or flight is going off. At the same time weed makes people more conscious of their sober selves. Neither side is correct in a strict sense, rather when youre sober you do more things unconsciously. If you like the effect of weed in terms of analyzing and realizing it's good to take time each month to have a session with yourself and go over what you can work on. Weed is best "check and evaluate" yourself drug in my opinion.

Stoned.
And overthinking.
BUT...
Are you overthinking cuz yer stoned or are ya getting stoned cuz yer overthinking?
I'm gonna smoke a bowl and think about it.

#pipedreams

I usually do not overthink unless I have the opportunity and the druugs that create the condition.

other wise, there is such a thing as obsessiveness and that can sneak into a dream at any time

Ok so I'm stoned posting this but I'm a very casual Marijuana user like once or twice a week after a night out but I also have anxiety so when I get high I tend over overanalyze everything about my life including my health, habits, finance, relationships, etc. And when my high wears off I start to think clearly again. But when I'm stoned it seems to make so much sense. Which side is right? Am I just overthinking?
We would have to know the specifics of your relationship and health situation in order to make an accurate assumption. But that maybe too much to reveal over the internet.

It is not either/or. In order to figure out your questioning you must combine the two possibilities and realize that there are aspects of your life that are off balance and the weed is just making you super aware and sensitive of them. But on the flip side it is nothing to overly fixate on or worry about because everybody’s life is off balance.

Psychedelics give you a sneak peek of your own personal enlightenment. So these are the things that you would naturally be concerned about if you were to awaken yourself and expand your consciousness to a certain level. It is the same process that occurs when people eventually become vegetarian or vegan because of their expanded awareness of the slaughtering of animals. Although your situation is obviously to a much lower extent I would assume.

Anxiety is a byproduct of unawareness and low level consciousness and trauma so those things will distort your personal findings and cause you to have irrational or overblown reactions towards these realizations that aren’t necessarily healthy or provide resolution. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you are being delusional about your social and health life because there may actually be things about them that are not in alignment that you are not aware of in your sober life.

Last edited:
listen to the weed and fix up your life

When I feel at all tense on weed, i do a quick-body-scan (relaxing and becoming aware of my whole body - with the breath), and am transported to something exquisitely sparkling and free.
while reading stoned, I may not progress too many pages as I keep going back to the body-scan - which is easily crushed by trying to concentrate on other things.

I can't smoke weed as it makes my overthinking 1000s times worse, I have generalised anxiety disorder which is overthinking and worrying, and it's just so much worse if I smoke weed so I just can't smoke it, and CBD weed tastes disgusting and doesn't help my anxiety or sleep at all