• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Stoned Or Overthinking?

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Ok so I'm stoned posting this but I'm a very casual Marijuana user like once or twice a week after a night out but I also have anxiety so when I get high I tend over overanalyze everything about my life including my health, habits, finance, relationships, etc. And when my high wears off I start to think clearly again. But when I'm stoned it seems to make so much sense. Which side is right? Am I just overthinking?

Cannabis can exacerbate anxiety, which can lead to thought loops, overthinking and so on. Don't trust stoned thoughts.
If anything bothers you when stoned, write it down on a note and let it go. Once you've landed, read it through and I'm pretty sure you'll see that you're making chickens from feathers. :)

I've heard ppl say you're finding out your deeper subconscious true thoughts when you're high. I can't tell what to believe. I really overanalyze everything to like the worst case scenario

I've heard ppl say you're finding out your deeper subconscious true thoughts when you're high.
Sorry man, but this reeks New Age BS to the high heavens. What would a "false" thought be? The content of a thought maybe inaccurate according to reality, but the thought is neither true or false: it's a thought, period.

I've heard ppl say you're finding out your deeper subconscious true thoughts when you're high. I can't tell what to believe. I really overanalyze everything to like the worst case scenario

You know, 100% possible that this is happening but I don't buy into it.

I'm also not a very spiritual person... but I don't think anything extraordinary happens when you get stoned. You just start to think and behave differently due to whatever chemicals are introduced into your body.

It's not unheard of to have a revelation or an epiphany whilst high. Happens often, but I don't think we're "tapping into" some kind of realm of thought that's inaccessible through sobriety. You just start to look at things from a different perspective, and for you it sounds like weed works as an anxiolytic and helps give your thought processes a bit of clarity that you typically don't experience.

That's all guesswork, by the way. I'm not trying to make a diagnosis or anything, just trying to talk this through here.

Don't trust stoned thoughts
I was thinking about leaving a job I like because I thought everyone was angry at me and my employer had asked too much of me, treating me direspectfully.

I was upset about it for days. Then I smoked weed, realised how out of character that was, noting all the things the owner has done for me.

When I checked my work emails that night, I had three from my co-workers saying they were worried about me and my boss thanking me for going the extra mile as there was nobody else she could have asked and giving me a very generous pay raise.

Marijuana doesn't increase anxiety for everyone. Some of us are at full capacity already. It can aid rational thinking, even when my mind does veer towards stuff I'd rather not think about - it's stuff I probably should be putting some thought into.

Marijuana doesn't increase anxiety for everyone. Some of us are at full capacity already. It can aid rational thinking, even when my mind does veer towards stuff I'd rather not think about - it's stuff I probably should be putting some thought into.
It doesn't, I agree. For someone who doesn't have tolerance though, making decisions stoned seems as smart as making one when tweaking.

Weed calms my anxiety too, but the biggest decisions I take on weed nowadays is which Ben & Jerry I should get.
Otherwise I make impulsive decisions I haven't thought all the way through. It makes me base my decisions in emotion instead of logic, and that usually doesn't end well for me.

The wrong "strain" of weed and I will go off the rails.
The good stuff for me tends to make me eat, lay my ass down and stream content until I slip into blissful darkness.
And if I smoke after not smoking for a few days, it seems that any kinda weed will cause a rise in anxieties to different degrees.

I feel that when I am stoned on cannabis, which is very often since Covid began, my intellect is much more constrained - poorer thinking, but my imagination is much more liberated, and I get terrific ideas that I am too lazy to do anything with.

however, if I buckle down, and envision the problem as a series or collection of attributes, I can arrange them intuitively quite well.

When I was first placed on marijuana oil medically it was specifically to improve the creation of dopamine in my body. I was 53 and had slowly slipped down to a level where I was becoming an angry old man.

The result was exactly as the doctor had hoped. With success came a flood of what I will refer to as unfinished ideas. Almost daily I would have an epiphany regarding an issue in my own life that I hadn't been able to see previously.

I began writing all of these down and sure enough, I had the same epiphany several times as I wasn't moving these great new thoughts from short term memory properly.

My doctor recommended to me (your situation may vary) to add a few short naps into my day where I can let go of everything and clear short term memory more often. I can sleep at the drop of a hat as long as I'm on oil even very low dose so that isn't a hard thing. The result is not 100% I still occasionally have repeated great ideas. I can see clearly from my own journal that my epiphanies are progressive and very much not simply ideas that are in passing.

Most of my epiphanies are job related. I am legitimately a baker like my BL name. Today I'm working on the white rock lake fire in BC making cookies for firefighters. My notes on baking at firecamps go back 7 years and form a clear path through what arrives for supplies and what I could use as a baker. I have created recipes with so many replacement ingredients I'm amazed the final results come out but I have clear notes showing logical calculations on how to use jello powder to make rice crispy squares or cake frosting.

I would advise taking a structured approach. Make notes look back and see how much is new and what is repeating or incomplete. For the record even the crazy ideas eventually need to be thought through. You will learn more from seeing where they fail.

@Yourbaker
keeping a journal is the best thing all round, psychedelics is second best.

by the way, lately I have been using rolled oats and variously prepared eggs and at least one other ingredient to bake all kinds of tasty and nutritious things that are not granola.

journal makes you get to goal with what you write
it transforms the brain so the way becomes what you write
somwhat
it is like visualizing the best future
if you write a problem it becomes solved somewhat

i get like this when i smoke sativas or a sativa heavy hybrid. i try to stick to indicas and rarely run into my mind running away

@Yourbaker
keeping a journal is the best thing all round, psychedelics is second best.

by the way, lately I have been using rolled oats and variously prepared eggs and at least one other ingredient to bake all kinds of tasty and nutritious things that are not granola.

the more journal the better approximately
you program your future with it
the fields you write become closer to all in order

the more journal the better approximately
you program your future with it
the fields you write become closer to all in order

Hey, man, I hope I'm not intruding too much by asking, but what's your first language?

I understand everything you're saying just fine, but your word choice sounds almost poetic to me and you've got me curious if that's intentional or a second-language symptom. I swear I'm not trying to be a dick here.

it's part of the big questions "who am I?" and "what was I thinking/doing"

I can think of nothing better than keeping a word file open with paragraphs of each day, and timed entries.
I also put my up coming appointments in it as well as websites to think of and photos of significant things (including my drawings)

I use it to review what I thought was important.

that way - when I meditate, I do not fuss over details - I know I am taking care of it in my log notes already.