• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Stimulants of the Future III

I got to thinking about "gabaergic stimulants" today... I know how much everyone hates random molecule doodles, but please forgive me this time...

etamphetaminetertamylal.png

I would rather have an amphetamine with GBL attached to the amine.
But comparing doses the amount of GBL would be pretty much negligible.

Still I guess that the amphetamine base structure is something that we shoul forget about due to it neurotoxicity, MDAI like compounds and 3,4, alkylated anlogues have been shown to be non neurotoxic although it lacks of several amphetamine related effects.

I guess we should be aiming at a balanced TRI with a decent half life instead of of contemplating on amphetamine analogues. Tropane deivates seem promising but the RA characteristic of amphetamine is hard to mimic with simple RI.

IIRC N-ethylated amphetamines have very low neurotoxicity compared to n-methylated and primary-amine amphetamines.

Phenmetrazine, ethylamphetamine, and fencamfamine are all n-ethylated (although in the case of phenmet the ethyl is part of a ring system).

The S-isomer of MDE was also found to be much less neurotoxic than MDMA, IIRC.

Btw, as for the chemical, I think attaching an ethynylcyclohexanol there might be optimal...

They still produce 3,4-dihydroxy amphetamine which is a known neurotoxin.
IMO Ethamphetamine and amphetamine are less neurotoxic that mehamphetamine due to their weaker potential as a releasing agent, and probably because they don't produce formic acid as a metabolite of the demethylation.

I hate to be a pain in the ass...but this thread MUST be taken forward..way to popular to be left into oblivion.

To keep it goin i'll share a thought of mine:

5-methyl-N-pyrrol-MDA

I hate to be a pain in the ass...but this thread MUST be taken forward..way to popular to be left into oblivion.

5-methyl-N-pyrrol-MDA

i think looking to propylhexedrine(otc benzedrex nasal inhailers) for making new stimulants would be worthwhile.

it is very similar in structure to methamphetamine, and better in effects than dextroamphetamine.

heres some info on its chemestry from wikipedia:

Propylhexedrine is structurally similar to methamphetamine. The only difference in the two compounds is that an alicyclic cyclohexyl group is used in lieu of the aromatic phenyl group of methamphetamine. It is because of this that propylhexedrine is not an amphetamine, nor even a phenethylamine, but instead can be referred to as a cycloalkylamine.

Propylhexedrine, like amphetamine and methamphetamine, is a chiral compound (the α-carbon is chiral, like in its amphetamine cousins). Like other monoamine releasing stimulants with the amphetamine type backbone, the dextrorotatory isomer of propylhexedrine is much more active as a norepinephrine and dopamine releaser in the central nervous system than the levorotatory isomer is. The propylhexedrine contained in Benzedrex inhalers is racemic d,l-propylhexedrine as the freebase. It is likely that pure d-propylhexedrine would have a higher abuse potential and less undesirable side effects than the racemic compound.

Freebase d,l-propylhexedrine is a volatile, oily liquid at room temperature. This is the form present in Benzedrex nasal inhalers; the volatility of the freebase form insures that some propylhexedrine will be inhaled from the device when used as indicated on the label. D,l-propylhexedrine hydrochloride is a white powder if finely ground, or a clear crystalline substance if the crystals grown are larger. The hydrochloride salt can be vaporized much like the hydrochloride salt of methamphetamine can be.

imo, it has more euphoric effects and less stimulant effects than amphetamine. i would be interested in a "3,4-methylenedioxy" compound with propylhexedrine as its backbone. the resulting drug would be "3,4-methylenedioxypropylhexedrine" or by the synonym "3,4-methylenedioxyhexahydromethamphetamine".

i think it would make a very interesting empathogen likely similar in effect and structure to MDMA, as propylhexedrine is so similar in structure to MDMA's parent drug methamphetamine. also, it's not an amphetamine so it couldn't be illegal to similarity in structure to illegal amphetamines.

you know what, i'm going to start a thread about this idea...

This was discussed earlier.
I consider it a dead end, as the parent compound is way too adrenergic in effects, and there aren't many ring substitutions one could do with a saturated cyclohexane rather than a phenyl ring.

ebola

Sorry, you didn't come up with anything new. This whole "let's make propylhexedrine versions of all the amphetamines" idea has been mulled over previously and it's not a good idea.

Firstly the cyclohexyl ring is nothing like the phenyl ring. Phenyl is aromatic, cyclohexyl is not. Phenyl is flat, cyclohexyl is shaped like a chair or boat. You can't expect the same substitutions to work on both.

How about switching the phenyl with a pyridine with the nitrogen at the 3 or 4 position?

Would that be really toxic or metabolically unstable?

You can't expect the same substitutions to work on both.

true, but it is possible...

and if it does work, well a new drug very similar to MDMA(but not an amphetamine so the Federal Analogue Act can't touch it) has been born. :D

true, but it is possible...

and if it does work, well a new drug very similar to MDMA(but not an amphetamine so the Federal Analogue Act can't touch it) has been born. :D

nothing like denial in the face of obvious reasons why this is a waste of time

The cyclohexane analog of MDMA will be
1, the wrong shape
2 Very unstable, until you understand that the methylenedioxy bridge in MDMA is stable because it is attached to a benzene ring you are going nowhere, a methylene dioxy bridge on a cycloalkane is an acetal and unstable. Designing drugs requires a sound understanding of chemistry and biology.

Shulgin reportedly had a drawing of this on a whiteboard in his lab with the caption "Make me!". That's enough to get me interested.

lHEOv.png

5-methyl-N-pyrrol-MDA

Sounds like an SSRI.

Last edited:
Shulgin reportedly had a drawing of this on a whiteboard in his lab with the caption "Make me!". That's enough to get me interested.

methylenedioxy-4-methylaminorex. apparently it was made quite a few years ago and reported on the Hive, along with fluoromethylaminorex, neither was reported to be anything special the fluoro compound being euphoric initially with rapid tolerance and headaches on repeat use.

vektor said:
a methylene dioxy bridge on a cycloalkane is an acetal and unstable.

Thank you for such clear and succinct guidance. :)

apparently it was made quite a few years ago and reported on the Hive, along with fluoromethylaminorex, neither was reported to be anything special the fluoro compound being euphoric initially with rapid tolerance and headaches on repeat use.

"Rapid tolerance" and "headaches upon repeated use" sound characteristic of over-use of stimulants in general. Are there any other indicators of the relative efficacy of such compounds? I'll say that I'm simply interested in the SAR of the aminorex compounds in general, and I'm trying to hold no dogma prior to assessing them.

ebola

Im wondering that is the point of that monoamine on top of the methylaminorex O-N ring....

Are there any SAR justifications? Would removing that NH2 make the compound more potent?

Im wondering that is the point of that monoamine on top of the methylaminorex O-N ring....

Are there any SAR justifications? Would removing that NH2 make the compound more potent?

It's an amidine; the protonated form is resonance stabilized. I'm not sure if this makes it a better releaser, but I assume that's part of why it's there.

to guns of

having been long ago enough to border the edge of real vs memorex i won't say that i've never been high enough not to see the humor of your location but nuturing my remaining outposts of rationality assisting the advancement for knowledge of anyone under my bed masturbating just seems wrong.
quote from some movie "allah only forgives so much"