• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Stimulants of the Future III

What about AMT derivatives perhaps, AMT is fucking lovely stuff :)

And just an idea I had, but what about aminoindans or 2-aminotetralins ? Or would the sidechain being conformationally locked in place via the cyclization lead to the amine being in the wrong place to interact with 5HT2aRs?

Although NA/DA releasers really aren't my thing, and nor are (almost all) entactogens. But with the psychedelic touch, thats another matter.

Or maybe his reaction was idiosyncratic...

ebola

i like it. there is no comedown, you can sleep easy, its good for focus/sex/singing and combines very well with weed and alcohol

its got all you want from a functional stim. on its own not euphoric but when you start doing something you like i.e. sex its really very cool

speed fiends i know liked it at doses of 150mg+

i only touch 20mg now and it never has a comedown and makes orgasms/sex quite intense

4-methyl-phendimetrazine?

EU Early Warning System:
4-methyl-phendimetrizine is a ring-substituted derivative of phendimetrizine, which is an appetite suppressant (a prodrug of phenmetrizine) and a known norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agent (NDRA).
This substance was detected in a seizure made by the State Sanitary Inspectorate in November 2012 in Czestochowa, Pabianice which comprised 3 packages labelled “Ekstrakt krzesłoklej” (with information on zip bag that it is imitation of glue for chairs) each containing 0.5 grams of white powder. The substance was identified by National Institute of Medicines in Warsaw using LC-MS/MS-TOF and the two diastereoisomers of 4-methyl-phendimetrizine were confirmed by 1H- and 13C-NMR. Ethcathinone was also found to be present in the samples.

4-methyl-phendimetrazine?

Would this be a pro drug like phendimetrazine or would it be an active compound in its own right like phenmetrazine?

Incredibly interesting. Phenmetrazine and 4-methylaminorex are the two stimulants I would most like to try. I would love to investigate analogues of said substances.

Also it would be great if someone could do a go/ms on the "serotoni" tablets and powder. Purported to be 4,4-dimethylaminorex (i cant help but be skeptical) but it doesn't seem to have take off in the rc scene for some reason...?

Fenpentadiol

Has anyone heard og this?

I can’t find any info anywhere.

It’s wiki says it is a stimulant that goes on to sedative anxiolytic at higher doses.

RTI-113 and RTI-229 both look interesting as DRIs.

I think the real "stimulants of the future" are probably alpha-7 nicotinic receptor agonists like DMXB-A though. They are non euphoric, neuroprotective and powerful nootropics.

the RTI compounds are all essentially coca derived (tropane derived skeletons) meaning that the synthesis is firmly out of reach of all but the most well-funded drug companies. at least until ecognine becomes widely availiable.

220px-Fenpentadiol.png

fenpentadiol seems like it lacks a basic nitrogen atom. not sure what kind of SAR it fits into. the para-chloro does not make me feel very good about it though.

the RTI compounds are all essentially coca derived (tropane derived skeletons) meaning that the synthesis is firmly out of reach of all but the most well-funded drug companies. at least until ecognine becomes widely availiable.

220px-Fenpentadiol.png

fenpentadiol seems like it lacks a basic nitrogen atom. not sure what kind of SAR it fits into. the para-chloro does not make me feel very good about it though.

I can find no info. It looks like it breaks down into some alcohol derivitive?

What do you see that interest you about the Para-chloro?

I am looking high and low. LMAO

i don't know if it would break down at all... usually compounds lacking nitrogens are pretty stable. it actually reminds me of 2-methyl-2-butanol a bit.

the p-chloro group and the alkyl chain, and mention of it being a stimulant, made me think about p-chloroamphetamine. not a good compound to be mimicing. (but I admit, it doesn't mean jack shit... baclofen has the same deal.)

i don't know if it would break down at all... usually compounds lacking nitrogens are pretty stable. it actually reminds me of 2-methyl-2-butanol a bit.

the p-chloro group and the alkyl chain, and mention of it being a stimulant, made me think about p-chloroamphetamine. not a good compound to be mimicing. (but I admit, it doesn't mean jack shit... baclofen has the same deal.)

It is or was a drug used in france for depression... How old that is, I have no idea.

I was guessing it hits GABA A or B and acts as a releaser or inhibitor of monoamines.

Tweex, alpha7 nicotinic agonism doesn't seem to have stimulant effects.

Memory enhancing, and focus-aiding, nootropic, yes, stimulant per se, not at all.

At least, not my experience with the cholinesterase inhibitor/alpha7 NAChR agonist galantamine. Wish I could afford to keep up with that stuff but its too expensive :(

I find it interesting that the phenDImetrazine analog was produced, rather than an analog of phenmetrazine. Where is the logic there?

Tweex, alpha7 nicotinic agonism doesn't seem to have stimulant effects.

Memory enhancing, and focus-aiding, nootropic, yes, stimulant per se, not at all.

Depends how exactly you define a stimulant then. ;)

As far as similar drugs go, Altinicline is an alpha-4 beta-2 nicotinic receptor agonist, and causes dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens, so may fit the bill to a more classic degree.

"an agent (as a drug) that produces a temporary increase of the functional activity or efficiency of an organism or any of its parts"

Perhaps a bit too broad of a definition given it could end up including several vitamins with only slightly noticeable effects on cognition, but I certainly count alpha 7 agonists that have clear psychotropic effects despite lacking dopaminergic/adrenergic activity.

Hm I daresay my definition is quite a lot narrower than that. DA/NE releaser.reuptake inhibitors, direct agonists at some DA receptor subtypes, some of the more stimulating opioids, adenosine receptor-medtated stimulants such as many xanthines, caffeine etc. And of course alkaloids such as brucine, strychnine and thebaine

Hm I daresay my definition is quite a lot narrower than that. DA/NE releaser.reuptake inhibitors, direct agonists at some DA receptor subtypes, some of the more stimulating opioids, adenosine receptor-medtated stimulants such as many xanthines, caffeine etc. And of course alkaloids such as brucine, strychnine and thebaine

I find it interesting that the phenDImetrazine analog was produced, rather than an analog of phenmetrazine. Where is the logic there?

What do you mean? Phendimetrazine IS an analogue of phenmetrazine. As close as any other. It's metabolized to phenmet so it makes for an old fashioned continuous release drug formulation. Good idea when your drug has a short half life. Or is otherwise very abuseable. Look at Vyvanse today. Same basic idea, though a more advanced analogue.

I think he meant why an analogue of the pro-drug when they could have made a direct analogue of the drug of interest.