• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulant anxiety (adderall, dexedrine, caffeine, focalin)

Legally High

Bluelighter
All the stimulants make me anxious to the point it's hard to enjoy my day and socialize. But I need something to get me through the day.... without feeling like a nervous wreak.

We would need a little more information to give you the best answer possible regarding your thread. Are you using stimulants at therapeutic levels, like in the form of a normally prescribed dosage or are you using higher than medically-accepted dosages of these stimulants? As a side-note and I'm not saying that this necessarily applies to you, but one of the more common, if not universal statements made by people regarding stimulants, is that "they just work for me" or "I just really need something to keep me motivated at my job". Almost every living person will tell you that stimulants make their work easier or that they perform better while on stimulants. It's a major pitfall when people come to the conclusiong that they are in a specific or different class than others and that they need them.

What is your usage like?

The caffeine, Focalin and L-amphetamine (in the Adderall preparation) could be to blame for anxiety. The -phenidate class always gives me more jitters than those drugs that are closer to amphetamine, (which actually eliminates anxiety for a few hours, but then re-produces it tenfold during the crash/comedown).

I have never really had anxiety with amphetamine at therapeutic levels. In recreational dosages, it causes all kinds of problems.

My usage is pretty conservative. I have all these medications. I'm rxed 20mg a day Dex. I usually don't take it all though because I don't like how it makes me feel. I'd rather be calm and collected.

When I used to indulge in Adderall, it seemed like a relatively high dose of a quality, chelated magnesium supplement would buffer some of the wired-up sensations. I rarely did this because, unlike you, I was seeking the rushed feeling. It's a good thing that you are practicing the habit of not taking it daily. As I'm sure you know, a semi-permanent tolerance will form very quickly. Also, in my experience, there is not really a cross-tolerance between amphetamine and Focalin/Ritalin like most people claim.

Not in the same day, try caffeine one day, amphetemine another, focalin another. I've realized I fly through downers way faster than I can fill those but my stimulants i have extra bottles and scripts laying around in not using.

Maybe the problem is the irregular impulse you take them. Have you tried taking a dose for say a month seeing how you do over the month instead of focusing on how productive it feels in the moment.

i would recommend trying l-theanine. its a natural supplement that takes the edge off of stimulants for me.

This is one of the risks involved with taking stimulants, anxiety tension and anti-social Tendencies are all common