• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Still don't like weed? Part two

Originally posted by nailz
but i just dont see how you can take a fairly lighthearted thread and come to the conclusion that if a person doesnt like pot culture they must be insecure, inadequate etc. etc.

There are plenty of cultures I don't have interest in. I don't start discussions about them on Internet forums to "lightheartedly' stererotype and ridicule them. You really think thats mature??

Read the thread again, you're the one that started bashing people here.

LOL!! Read the first post. She had no intention other than to promote negative stereotypes of pot smokers for the sake her own little childish thrill.
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ]

Hi. I'm a regular pothead, but I have to agree that lethargy associated with weed can become problematic or annoying.
Some of you might have heard of kratom before... it's Thailand's popular alternative to opium and marijuana. It makes you feel happy and relaxed (with noticeable narcotic effects), but also supports activity and motivation. It's legal in the states, so if it ever catches on I think it could become a great subsitute. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a little research or buy some * URL Removed - please don't post sources ;) *
Hopefully this didn't seem off-topic to anybody, but I'm pro-marijuana (and it's not like this thread was being very productive anyway).
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: MrGeezer ]

See, SigmaSis, that is EXACTLY the kind of mentality that drives me NUTS!!
Actually, if money and overdosing were not issues, then yes, heroin addiction is BETTER than marijuana addiction. You know why? Because heroin is absolutely free of toxic effects, while long term marijuana use DOES have some negative effects (albeit not extremely serious ones).
But it's more than just the health issue. It's the PSYCHOLOGY of daily drug use that is the real heart of the matter. I believe that the desire to 'get fucked up' on occasion is entirely normal -- a natural part of human nature. HOWEVER, if a person wants to be fucked up ALL or even most of the time -- then houston, we have a problem. I don't care if you say 'oh, well it's just a hobby, like going bowling' -- I'm sorry, but you really can't compare bowling and getting stoned. If you want to spend a large chunk of your day stoned -- then you suffer from a bad case of escapism.
Stoners need to accept that they human mind was intended to be SOBER for the vast majority of the time. Either you have some serious personality issues, or you are incredibly immature, if you can't understand and realize that BEING FUCKED UP DAILY is NOT the way we are meant to be!

If you want to spend a large chunk of your day stoned -- then you suffer from a bad case of escapism.
May we see your credentials, please?
Oh, wait. That was supposed to be an opinion, wasn't it? Never mind, it's all good...
I really don't think the problem lies with how much of a particular substance a person imbibes, but rather how whatever amount they do take affects their life. Some people can't function normally even by taking the casual alcoholic drink, while others party nightly and are still able to hold successful personal and business relationships. And while I've met my fair share of stereotypical potheads who don't do anything with their lives, I think it's a little unfair to say that ingesting X amount of a substance automatically shoves you in the "hopeless" pigeonhole. After all, there are plenty of cigarette smokers out there who spend their entire days "fucked up" on nicotine, and yet they seem to get through life pretty okay. Caffeine, too. Is the stereotype of the lazy, stupid pot smoker so strong that even educated drug users are having a hard time believing that there are exceptions to the rule, or possibly that the rule itself is untrue?
I think the moral responsibility that comes with cognitive liberty is this: Each person maintains their life in such a manner that the drug complements his/her life rather than detracts from it. And a lot of people have a problem with this. I don't think that's a disease specific to pot, or even drugs in general, and I think it's pretty unfair to pile the blame all on the stoner or the pot. Especially since most of us have had to deal with, at one time or another, trying to convince other people that not all drug users are lowlife scum...you'll just have to trust me when I say that not all potheads are, either.

Either you have some serious personality issues, or you are incredibly immature, if you can't understand and realize that BEING FUCKED UP DAILY is NOT the way we are meant to be!
Neither, thanks. It is exactly your attitude that drives me nuts!! Who are you to say how anybody was meant to be? Are you God?
And I doubt you've ever known someone with a true addiction to a drug like heroin, since that's the drug you claim is somehow better than weed. If you did, you'd recognize that comparing them or dependence on them is absurd.

Actually, one of my best friends has been an opiate addict for the past few years, so I CAN compare.

Originally posted by gloggawogga:

Any psychoactive drug can be said to ruin peoples lives. Alot of drugs are alot more likely to ruin lives than pot. But really, poeple ruin their own lives and if those who do it with pot didn't have pot they'd do it with something else.
And it still doesn't mean others don't benefit from pot. Do you have a problem with them??

I know a lot of people who do a lot of drugs, and the only negative drugs I've ever come accross is weed (I've seen people really fuck with it) and kinda coke (people spending money they can't afford to). I dont have a problem with peolpe who benifit from pot, but I dont call sitting in the same room for 6 months never going out, only ever getting stoned benifiting.
Here's a classic example. Yesterday I went round a mates house who smokes way too much weed. I didnt want to sit in his room making myself stink of weed, so I sugested a random road trip somewhere.
His reaction - "I think Im just guna stay here and eat."
The only experiences I've had with weed involve a realy average high, and lazy fucking kainers.

I know a lot of people who do a lot of drugs, and the only negative drugs I've ever come accross is weed (I've seen people really fuck with it) and kinda coke(people spending money they can't afford to).

Well then you must not get around much. There are people who mess them selves up with pot, coke, herion, meth, E, acid, paint thinner, whatever. There's no reason to single out pot. If you see more people messing themselves up with pot than coke, herion, or meth its probably because pot is cheaper and easier to get.
Yesterday I went round a mates house who smokes way too much weed. I didnt want to sit in his room making myself stink of weed, so I sugested a random road trip somewhere. His reaction - "I think Im just guna stay here and eat."

Maybe thats a problem and maybe its not. Just to put it in perspective, in India, Sadhus sit around and smoke hash and meditate all day and they are revered as holy men. Here in the West if you do it you are lazy. Here in the west they measure you by how ambitious and outgoing you are and by what you accomplish. In the East they measure you by your contentment.
And also, to put it in perspective, what's the real impact on the world of "random road trips" versus having fun at home?? How much gasoline do your "random road trips" burn up?? How much green house gases do they give off?? How many bombs will the Americans and Brits drop in the Middle East in order to have gasoline for "random road trips"?? Can't we find less wasteful ways of of having fun?? Perhaps in some ways 'ambitious' people are more harmfull to society than 'lazy' people.
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ]

gloggawogga
you have anger management issues. take a class, take a tablet, take a pill. get over it.
i have a different opinion than you.
thanks, now drive thru.

Originally posted by randycaver:

you have anger management issues

LOL!! Read your own posts. You started a hate thread over your own hang ups and I'm just calling it for what it is. Pot smokers aren't doing a thing to you so get over them.

Accusing others of having problems when you don't even know them?
That's a problem with yourself.
YOURE A POT SMOKER AND YOURE ANNOYING ME!!!
EXACTLY MY POINT!
GO AWAY!

How about both of you shut up with your stupid little personal argument and stick to what you might have to add to the discussion at hand?

Originally posted by randycaver:
Accusing others of having problems when you don't even know them?

I can tell enough about you from your posts.

YOURE A POT SMOKER AND YOURE ANNOYING ME!!!

Pot smokers aren't doing anything to you. There's no reason you should be annoyed by them. And fix your caps lock key.

You, gloggawogga, are a complete fool. To think that you could figure something out about me by a post on a message board, is a misjudgment on your part.
The last thread that was made about this was fun, and a lot of people got their points across. This could have happened here. But, no, you chose to attack the poster constantly, without making any valid points yourself. Whether or not you smoke pot, or whether or not you hate it, you have ruined this thread, and come across as a complete asshole.
You can make all the judgments you want about me, because I could care less. You claim you are such a responsible, happily married person, with a degree, but, ya know who cares? But, one would think that if what you're saying is actually true, then you wouldn't be acting like such an egotistical jerk to think you know something about somebody who made a post about pot.
One would think that you wouldn't follow around randycaver, make assumptions about her, diagnose her mental hangups, and do it on a continual basis.
So go on, have fun, and continue to delude yourself thinking that I have hangups about pot. I'll just sit back and laugh, and think about you and your happy life and happy career and happy marriage, cuz you obviously have nothing better to do than follow me.
I guess hating The Shed, 'pieces', 'munchies' & 'rolling papers' because it isn't *My Thing* is a hangup. Yep, it sure is!
quit polluting this thread! you are doing NOTHING but trolling it.
From the guidelines
Flaming: Non-productive criticism of a post's content or its author will not be tolerated. Because this is a socially orientated forum a certain degree of good hearted ribbing is to be expected, but don't take it too far.
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: randycaver ]

How about both of you shut up with your stupid little personal argument

Ok I won't respond to her any further. Sorry.
and stick to what you might have to add to the discussion at hand?

I already have if you read some of my posts. I would also like to add the narrow minded stereotyping of any drug culture plays right into the hands of drug prohibitionists. Its a big shame that 'bluelight' has become medium for the promotion of these narrow minded stereotypes.
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ]

OK. I'm really sick of this argument.
Gloggawogga, it's great that you stand up for stoner culture because its something that you identify with but there really isn't any point in getting worked up about it here. This thread was started so that people could display their dislike for the culture. It's their opinion and, even though I don't agree either, they're entitled to it.
RandyCaver: I understand that you dislike what happens to people on pot. You must understand though, that in your position of not being able to get high from THC, that it is difficult for you to pass judgement on those who enjoy that state of mind and it is even harder for you to argue a point with someone that you have no empathy for.
I will reiterate what I have said in the other weed thread. Weed is neither a bad nor a good drug. Some people enjoy it regularly with no detriment to their social skills or ability to cope with life. Obviously some people cannot enjoy it like that and cannot practice moderation. As with most (if not all) drugs, it is down to the user whether it is a good or bad influence on their life.
If there is any more flaming in this thread from either side, I will delete all inflammatory material and we can start again with only the more constructive posts.
Not wanting to sound like a hippy but:
Come on people now,
Smile on your brothers
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now.
:D

RandyCaver: I understand that you dislike what happens to people on pot. You must understand though, that in your position of not being able to get high from THC,
I would just like to clarify something
I said that I couldln't get high, but nowhere did I say that I have never been high. :) I have, twice, and I liked it. I liked it a lot. However, i haven't been high since, but that has NOTHING to do with me disliking the culture.
I like electronic music, but I really don't care for raving!

Originally posted by gloggawogga:
[And also, to put it in perspective, what's the real impact on the world of "random road trips" versus having fun at home?? How much gasoline do your "random road trips" burn up?? How much green house gases do they give off?? How many bombs will the Americans and Brits drop in the Middle East in order to have gasoline for "random road trips"?? Can't we find less wasteful ways of of having fun?? Perhaps in some ways 'ambitious' people are more harmfull to society than 'lazy' people.
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ][/QB]
Sory to flame but thats the most retarded kainer argument I've ever heard.
Im currently waiting for a call from a kainer who is over one hour late.
Someone who is unemployed, and spends all the money they can beg/borrow/steal on weed is not an active member of society. Even if they aren't burning petrol. Smoke less weed and you might think of something that makes sense.
And if you Honestly believe that the war on iraq is about oil then you obviously know shit about Sadam's regieme.

Yeah I dont see what the big deal is with weed. I have many friends that smoke it everyday and love it and wont touch anything else or if they do they dont like it much, they just go right back to weed. What is the big deal I have smoked alot of weed with friends just to pass time but to be honest I do not like it. The taste and smell is alright, but the high is not fun. Maybe it acts on people different and I am just a person that likes more exciting drugs.