• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Still don't feel right two days after awful acid trip

It's the Prozac. I strongly suggest getting off it ASAP. You'll have to wean yourself off gradually of course. Treat the depression by getting good nutrition (vitamin/mineral pills, cut out junk food and fatty meat), excercise and possibly low dose psilocybin. Prozac tends to make people kill themselves and/or others. Take a look at the list in this article. Good thing you posted here. This could have turned out badly.

Last edited:
Can't help but agree with Jason7. SSRI's have their use short term but it's definitely nothing i would ever want to see anyone on, for any length of time really. I've had many friends go onto them, watched their brains turn into jelly, and encouraged them to get off ASAP. It's always been a good decision. Unless it's a case of severely crippling psychotic delusion and paranoia, stay far from anti-psychotics and SSRIs.

It's the Prozac. I strongly suggest getting off it ASAP. You'll have to wean yourself off gradually of course. Treat the depression by Getting good nutrition (vitamin/mineral pills, cut out junk food and fatty meat), excercise and possibly low dose psilocybin. Prozac tends to make people kill themselves and/or others. Take a look at the list in this article. Good thing you posted here. This could have turned out badly.

This is absolute bullshit. SSRIs help tons of people long term for whom nothing else works. The medieval view of psychiatric medicine around here is completely absurd. If Prozac makes you feel homicidal (?) or suicidal you tell your doctor and they take you off of it. SSRIs don't trick you into being insane or "turn your brain into jelly."

Linking to biased, obviously partisan websites isn't particularly compelling, either.

They can't even tell you what SSRI's actually even do to the brain but they hand it out like hard candy. I'm with jason here, I've never know anyone that SSRIs helped.

Man, transition's life view is terribly depressing. I feel like killing myself right now, and I don't even need the Prozac for that.

This is absolute bullshit. SSRIs help tons of people long term for whom nothing else works. The medieval view of psychiatric medicine around here is completely absurd. If Prozac makes you feel homicidal (?) or suicidal you tell your doctor and they take you off of it. SSRIs don't trick you into being insane or "turn your brain into jelly."

Linking to biased, obviously partisan websites isn't particularly compelling, either.

SSRIs are by far the most widespread psychologically damaging substances known to man. Pharmaceutical companies have absolute control over medical facilities and turn the largest profits that business has ever seen. SSRIs and atypical antipsychotics are the backbone for companies like AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Roche etc.. and there isn't a single person in the world that can confidently explain the basic function of these substances. Western medicine is for the most part a phony enterprise built upon greed and injustice, and the SSRI is the single worst offender.

I'm frightens me to know that there are people out there that people support this garbage in any way.

I find it quite fucked up that someone could just blindy support something simply because it is generally said to be helpful in certain random situations.

Edit- I am passionate about this topic and do not intend to offend anyone

Last edited:
I know one person who SSRIs helped, and they got off them after a while. I have heard of other cases. But I know a lot of people for whom they were detrimental. My ex-cousin-in-law was put on prozac when she was 17 and started hearing voices and wanting to kill her parents... they put her on it because she was getting into drugs and they were scared and figured she was depressed. When they realized what was happening they took her off them and she was fine again.

I'm not saying they have no place but they're grotesquely and dangerously overprescribed. And no one really understands how they work. And they're tremendous money-makers.

I think SSRIs are case of the cure being worse than the disease. Something else I forgot to mention is that caffeine can cause or worsen depression and anxiety so anyone with those problems should be sure to avpoid caffeine. The guy who called my posy BS and said that if the patient is having suicidal or homicidal thoughts while on SSRIs can just tell their doctor and he'll take them off or whatever should bear in mind that it has been known to happen suddenly and without warning. A person can just black out and kill their family in the middle of the night and not even realize it until later. They're just too risky. I know depression is a big problem in the world but SSRIs are not a safe solution. What are you going to do, take them the rest of your life? I would sooner recommend MXE, or other NMDA fast acting antidepressants. I haven't heard of anyone engaging in mass murder on MXE, at least not yet. I never had such an urge on it.

Interesting page about foods that cause depression. Apparently high fructose sweeteners are #1. A lot of things have that. It's usually called glucose/fructose or something like that in the ingedients list. Juices and soft drinks have it a lot. I only use pure juice concentrates now, brand name Old South where I live. They cost more but it's still only $2 a pack. Also, fluoride causes depression. It's in ther water where I live. I've been taking boron supplements lately to fix my bad back and it worked for that but it also removed fluoride from your body. I take 2-3 3mg capsules per day. I started with 3 for the first few months and then once my back wasa fixed I cut back to 2. I Couldn't even walk anywhere before without it making my back sore and if I actually did work for 8 huors a day I would be practivcally crippled for the rest of the night. Now I have no pain at all. I do have an easier job where I sit down most of the time and never actually do any labor but I still walk to and from work and carry bags of groceries home and no back pain. Looks like it's the boron that did it. I would recommend to people without back pain too because it generally helps your body, makes bones a lot stronger for instance. It may be involved in depression, I don't know. I'm not depressed at present though whereas I have been in the past. Depression is very prevalent these days and it's probably from the food we eat because that's the only thing that changed much from the past.

Last edited:
If you suffer from a mental condition that requires medication, I would have thought avoiding lsd would be more of a priority than worries about SSRI's long term effects. If you have no cartilage in your knees you are advised to avoid running marathons.

They can't even tell you what SSRI's actually even do to the brain but they hand it out like hard candy. I'm with jason here, I've never know anyone that SSRIs helped.

Your anecdotal evidence is a pretty weak basis for the totally anti-HR activity of trying to convince someone who may really need to take this medicine to stop. I've never known anyone who killed someone while driving drunk. I guess I should advise everyone I see to drive drunk.

SSRIs have ample science behind them. Some people need them. It's ignorant, lazy, and unethical to advise people to avoid them. If your doctor is a good doctor, they will prescribe them correctly and stop them if side effects are problematic. If your doctor is a bad doctor, that's not the fault of SSRIs.

I feel that supporting SSRIs is anti-HR. Everyone's got an opinion i guess.

There is a lot of newer research out that is pretty damning towards SSRIs and a lot of legitimate criticism directed towards the original FDA studies on their efficacy. These drugs are handed out like candy. Last year a doctor tried to prescribe Prozac to my girlfriend after speaking with her for less than five minutes. Thankfully she didn't take it and was able to improve her mental health through diet and exercise.

A post I made shortly ago somehow double posted so I edited it with new text. People may want to read it. It's my previous post up there. In my opinion SSRIs are not the answer for depression. You're just compounding your problems, substituting one for the other. I know that doctors think that the risks are worth it because of the risk of suicide if left untreated but I think other answers should be tried. Maybe the patient will commit suicide from the depression but at least they probably won't commit mass murder so I guess it's preferable. Why involve others in your medical problems?

I would go with low dose psilocybin or low dose MXE. MXE would have pretty much immediate effects but I don't know how long it would last. The psilocybin antidepressant effect supposedly lasts for a month or so, if I recall from what I read. Hofmann wanted to patent it and related compounds as treatment for depression in fact. Of course, it would never be accepted by the medical authorities but that doesn't stop us from getting it and using it ourselves.

Last edited:
Your anecdotal evidence is a pretty weak basis for the totally anti-HR activity of trying to convince someone who may really need to take this medicine to stop. I've never known anyone who killed someone while driving drunk. I guess I should advise everyone I see to drive drunk.

SSRIs have ample science behind them. Some people need them. It's ignorant, lazy, and unethical to advise people to avoid them. If your doctor is a good doctor, they will prescribe them correctly and stop them if side effects are problematic. If your doctor is a bad doctor, that's not the fault of SSRIs.

Not really sure what your attitude is about. I wasn't trying to provide you with sources of information anyway. I was talking about what I've seen in person..

Doctors don't know shit. They just accept whatever the pharmaceutical campanies tell them in their literature and then graciously accept their kickbacks for prescribing them. Whenever I've gone to a doctor I 've found that I had more knowledge on the condition I was there for than they did because I had done rsearch on the Internet. These guys don't keep up on everything. They're usually working very long hours. The average doctor is appallingly lacking in accurate medical knowledge. I had pretty severe depression a year ago and I went to doctor and they wanted to prescribe one of the SSRI meds and I declined it. I gradually got back to normal within a few months. I really don't think SSRIs are worth the side effects.

Anyway, this thread was mainly about an oddly extended acid trip rather than the merits of SSRIs. I thought the Prozac may have been the cause and thought it would be irresponsible of me not to tell the OP about the violence related side effects, since I remembered seeing an Oprah show years ago about people committing weird murders and suicides from Prozac. Only took me a few seconds to find a webpage about it so I linked it. Judging from his odd reaction to a simple acid trip, I think he may be at risk to shoot up a Walmart or something. I had to try to prevent that happening.

Tripping for 20 hours from LSD/Acid is not a normal thing, peak normally lasts 6-8 hours, with the total trip lasting 9-13 at the longest usually even with incredibly high doses. 20 hour trips are the norm for DOx compounds however, which are commonly misrepresented by both unscrupulous dealers and dealers who simply don't know the difference on blotter and sold off as "Acid", despite being entirely different substances.

They tend to have some uncomfortable bodyload and anxiety and such issues for a lot of people who take them, unlike LSD itself which is usually pretty easygoing and leaves most with a positive afterglow - DOx tend to have more of a hangover and you can feel pretty weird, out of it, and generally frazzled for a few days to a week or two after your experience, depending on the dosage and how tiring the trip was for you physically/mentally.

So yes I wouldn't worry, you'll be fine and these feelings will go away quickly, but it's very unlikely what you had was actual LSD, and I wouldn't let this bad experience rule out the possibility of trying the rather beautiful real deal in the future (however if you're on SSRIs, psychedelics may be best left until you're off them, as like others have said they can react unpredictably and have more side effects or simply be a less enjoyable and intense experience) - but not only that, I would avoid placing much of any trust in the person you purchased this "acid" from as it sounds like either they purposefully sold you another substance under the wrong name, or don't even know what substances they're selling themselves, either of which could have meant something far worse had the substance been something more dangerous like one of the NBOMes dosed too highly etc.

Eat healthy, sleep well, and stay positive and you'll feel completely fine in the next week :)

Also please be careful with SSRIs, I'd never feel right in telling you to stop taking them if you've been prescribed them, as I'm no doctor, but I can speak from the experience of those in my family and friends who've had their lives severely damaged by SSRI addiction that they're something you really don't want to be on long-term. SSRIs taken for a shorter period like 6-12 months in combination with seeing a good therapist, doing things like cognitive behavioural therapy, and taking steps to use the boost the SSRIs gave you to take control of your life again and do the things you previously couldn't without them (be it getting a job, getting out and making friends, learning better social skills, or learning coping mechanisms for your underlying issues) can be extremely positive and change your life in a wonderful way - but using them simply as a crutch in the long run is a road with only a bad ending. SSRIs cause your brain to adjust by down-regulating your serotonin transporters over time, meaning that if you keep using them for years and years, you'll actually be in a worse off situation serotonin-wise than you were before the SSRIs, and without them you'll feel way worse than before.. and with them you won't feel as good as before either.. leaving you in a big rut. Make use of your time on them to make positive lasting changes to your life and don't aim to stay on them forever if you want best results, just my 2 cents, but again, I'm not trying to substitute for the advice of your doctor (though it's worth noting that doctors are often paid to push SSRIs on people and it's in the interest of them to keep you on them long term since they don't earn a cent if you stop taking them, so bear that in mind :)).

Even we can help you here with the issues that resulted in you needing SSRIs, head on over to forums like The Dark Side and you'll find some great support for depression and anxiety. I suffered social anxiety most of my life and managed to cure it myself (with a little help ;)) and the same can be said for depression, even if one can't cure it, one can learn to make it background noise and live a happy fulfilling life without the need for a pharmacological crutch. Ask away in The Dark Side and you'll get lots of friendly support, the guys and gals over there are some real lovely souls and I promise they'll do their best to help. :D <3

Last edited: