• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Still cant get high on oxycodone

are you snorting it? I assume you're taking it orally as you will get more effect from it that way.
I had to do 30mg oxy to get a slight buzz my first time getting high on opiates. oxy does not effect me much at all, not 100% sure but I've hypothesised it could be from genetically lacking that codeine enzyme?? not sure if that just applies to codeine itself or hydro/oxycodone as well, I once took ~40mg hydrocodone while opiate naive and felt not one thing; it seems to be codeine derivatives that have the least effect on me. perhaps this could be your problem?
10mg is still a very small dose IMO, many opiate naive individuals I have known have started out at 15mg oxy, some like me have even had to start out at 30. OF COURSE there are always individuals who will be overwhelmed by 5mg, so it's definitely best to start slow like you did. oxy may just not be the opiate for you though, I know it's my least favourite of the standard powerful recreational opioids.

are you snorting it? I assume you're taking it orally as you will get more effect from it that way.
I had to do 30mg oxy to get a slight buzz my first time getting high on opiates. oxy does not effect me much at all, not 100% sure but I've hypothesised it could be from genetically lacking that codeine enzyme?? not sure if that just applies to codeine itself or hydro/oxycodone as well, I once took ~40mg hydrocodone while opiate naive and felt not one thing; it seems to be codeine derivatives that have the least effect on me. perhaps this could be your problem?
10mg is still a very small dose IMO, many opiate naive individuals I have known have started out at 15mg oxy, some like me have even had to start out at 30. OF COURSE there are always individuals who will be overwhelmed by 5mg, so it's definitely best to start slow like you did. oxy may just not be the opiate for you though, I know it's my least favourite of the standard powerful recreational opioids.

I kinda thought it might have to do with the enzymes but my mom felt it from 5 mg... its genetic right?
Edit: oh and the reason i wanna dose low is cuz of the $ not cuz im afraid.

I wouldnt say that. If anything your body can feel more similar on oxy as when you smoke. But all three are unique. Im going to give you some bad and good advice. In all honesty, you probably are just dosing too low. You are young and already know how other drugs can make you feel and are probably looking to replicate those feelings with oxy. 12.5 mg just wont cut it, Im sorry.

But I again urge you to stop chasing something you have built up in your head so much. At some point, you will take enough and from there it usually keeps getting worse for your life. There are other drugs out there that I suspect you may like better anyway. Quit before its too late.

^ This is the straight truth, no politically correct hr chaser! ;)

- SS373dOH Soul

So oxy is supposed to make everything slow (music) like weed does?

^ Does weed even do that? It makes me more in tune with music, I'm able to "feel" it more. IMO, oxy doesnt do that, although it can make you feel like a rockstar, but you have to take the correct amount. It sounds like youre quite young and inexperienced, I would avoid the opiate road to hell, if I was you.

- SS373dOH Soul

Its funny that u complain about 45$ bein lost..I would pay someone 45 just to get me opiates right now because I can't find pills..that's where opiates take u..I never felt true opiate euphoria until I started getting 15 and 30s and started snorting them..the only reason I can feel eating the ones with Tylenol now is because I eat enough to kill a large dinosaur

be be careful what u wish for..us addicts don't say we are chasing the first high for nothing

Last edited:
Its funny that u complain about 45$ bein lost..I would pay someone 45 just to get me opiates right now because I can't find pills..that's where opiates take u..I never felt true opiate euphoria until I started getting 15 and 30s and started snorting them..the only reason I can feel eating the ones with Tylenol now is because I eat enough to kill a large dinosaur

be be careful what u wish for..us addicts don't say we are chasing the first high for nothing

Well, i guess i cant afford to be an addict

Anyway im thinking of trying kratom instead. Will that work if oxy didnt?

You seem to be tolerating the doses you've been taking thus far (no respiratory depression or falling out) so maybe just bite the bullet and dose higher as has been suggested. Shoot for 20, maybe 25mg and see where that takes you. If you don't get any effect from that then maybe you are just a poor metabolizer.

I can't get high on Oxycodone either. It sucks but some people lack the enzyme activity necessary to get the full effect from for instance, Oxycodone or Codeine, among others. If you're anything like me OP, you can probably get high on different Opioids that don't require metabolism by the same mechanism as Oxycodone. Have you ever tried Morphine or Heroin?

I'm not saying that I get zero effect from Oxycodone. I just get very minimal effect. I have to take at least 80mg to get a very low level of euphoria, itchiness etc.

I can't get high on Oxycodone either. It sucks but some people lack the enzyme activity necessary to get the full effect from for instance, Oxycodone or Codeine, among others. If you're anything like me OP, you can probably get high on different Opioids that don't require metabolism by the same mechanism as Oxycodone. Have you ever tried Morphine or Heroin?

I'm not saying that I get zero effect from Oxycodone. I just get very minimal effect. I have to take at least 80mg to get a very low level of euphoria, itchiness etc.

Yea it sucks for us man:( weird cuz my mom felt euphoria from 5 mg before and i thought natural tolerance was genetic.
I havent tried heroin or morphine and i dont really want to for now. just sounds like a bad idea. Will kratom work?

Keif, have you been tested for a 2D6 or other polymorphism? There is conflicting data but it seems oxycodone (or perhaps other metabolites besides oxymorphone) provide the analgesia on its own unlike Codeine that poor 2D6 metabolizers almost always means lack of response.

i know this is an old post but have you thought of getting co-codamol and cold water extracting it? its cheaper than oxy and you can dose to an equal or higher level and see if codeine gets you high? the ceiling for it is 450mg and its about 1/10 the strength of morphine and oxy is 1.5-2 times stronger than morphine so 450mg codeine would be equivalent to 22.5mg oxy. This will show if you don't get high of codeine derivatives. i'm new here so just tell me if i'm wrong people as i would love to learn

i know this is an old post but have you thought of getting co-codamol and cold water extracting it? its cheaper than oxy and you can dose to an equal or higher level and see if codeine gets you high? the ceiling for it is 450mg and its about 1/10 the strength of morphine and oxy is 1.5-2 times stronger than morphine so 450mg codeine would be equivalent to 22.5mg oxy. This will show if you don't get high of codeine derivatives. i'm new here so just tell me if i'm wrong people as i would love to learn

This would probably be unsuccessful. It is much more difficult to judge subjective effects. If you have things like plasma levels, confirmed metabolic rate of the various enzymes etc. AND lessened subjuctive effects, that is fine. But considering how it is often hard for newish users like g_dan to know what they are feeling anyway from opiates, its rather pointless.

Also oxy is not as reliant on the conversion to anything for its effects, unlike codeine so its like apples and oranges ( maybe granny smith and red delicious is better). I also suspect that g_dan is American where codeine is mostly only by prescription.

OK fair enough. i didn't know codeine was only by script over there. if it was in England then you can pick up 32 8mg tablets for about £1 so it would be cheap to get high that way. i'm yet to get properly high on oxy as the doctor is only writing me 15 5mg for a month for pain. maybe in a couple of months when i've got a stockpile. but from reading on here a starting dose is 10-20mg? no idea how much i'd need as i'm tolerant to a 70 microg/ hour transtec patch and have experimented a lot with opiates. get me some medical heroin and i'd have a try. has the OP thought of adding diphenhydramine to his little concoction to potentiate it as ive had a lot of success with that

^ We suggested finding his proper dose, before attempting to potentiate, seeing as he only ingested 12mg. He is a new user, so tolerance isnt an issue either.

- Hopeless Soul

I didn't read the prior responses but for me personally, even when I had a super low tolerance for opiates taking 10 or 20 mgs didn't really do much. I did it probably 4 times before I got high. The way I got high was a got a 80mg and cut it in exact half w/ a pill cutter. I the crushed one of the 40mg chunks into powder and did it in 3 back to back lines....and BAM! Skepticism gone. I was on cloud 9. So for me, anything really below 40 is a waste to me. Don't bother to keep trying as addiction is hell. You're one of the lucky ones. By the time you find it, you'll already be in trouble just by . Withdrawls happen to regular patients who simply miss a dose. I only take 10's when I want an awesome benzo buzz. 2 10's w/ 7 or 8 k-pins = bliss haha.