• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Still cant get high on oxycodone

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello,
I posted earlier about trying to get high on oxy a few times and asking for advice. So far i ve tried it 5 times already and i STILL DID NOT GET HIGH.
1st time: took 7.5mg didn't feel anything except some anxiety (from expecting a high) and drowsiness.
2nd time: took 2 tums and 10mg 3 hours before bad. Got some more anxiety and increased heart rate. Then i calmed down and went to sleep.
3rd time: took 2 tums and 10 mg again before bed. No anxiety this time. Might me slightly itchy but most likely placebo
4th time: 10 mg with tums and high fat meal after. Might have felt A LITTLE BIT relaxed and itchy
5th time: took tums and 12.5 mg on empty stomach. First had paranoia. Later definitely felt a little drowsy and relaxed, still some paranoia.

Unfortunately i havent experienced any euphoria, contentment, or any type of high. I havent experienced any body high either, just tired. I consider myself a somewhat paranoid person so i usually get a little worried before trying something new. Oxy didnt help me with this anxiety at all.

I think oxy did constrict my pupils though. Maybe got a little itchy too but it might have been placebo. No nausea or any other side effects.

Its kinda dissapointing cuz i already went through like 9 percocets. I remember my girlfriend took ONE percocet a while back and she told me she got unusually happy and euphoric. Shes almost the same height as me and same weight.

Does anyone know why i didnt get high at all after trying it 5 times and taking up to 12.5 mg at one time? Do i not process oxycodone right?
Anyone has any advice for me? (Besides telling me that its addictive lol. So far i havent felt ANYTHING that i could get addicted to)
Shoulf i keep trying to get high off 10mg or should i try taking more? I have no tolerance at all.

TL; DR: tried oxy 5 times taking up to 12.5 mg at once. Tried potentiating with tums and fat food. Didnt get ANY type of high or euphoria.

Oh i forgot to mention that i take some vitamins daily. Like multivitamin, zinc, omega 3, etc. Can that interact with oxy and ruin the high?

It's probably too little to get you high. Isn't 10 mg oxycodone about 10 mg morphine? Which isn't a whole lot. Might give some people some euphoria or contentment but others probably don't feel much on it.

Personally, when I get 5mg or even 7.5mg Percocet pills, I have to take four of the latter or five of the former to achieve anything. Because of all the Tylenol that comes with ingesting those, I've found it way easier to just take a 20mg Roxicodone and call it a day. This has become my minimum dose.

Slightly go up like you have been. Keep tolerance a factor. Wait a few days, try 15mg. If you aren't satisfied, wait another day and take 20mg.

Promethazine can act as a potentiator when taken beforehand and not in too large of a dose. Try taking one if you can get ahold of any.

You may have a polymorphism, that doesnt allow you to feel codeine, or its derivatives.. or the dose is too low. Since you already now how you react, double your dose. There's people that take 300+mg, granted there opiate tolerant. I would try 30mg, then 40,50,ect.ect.

- Hopeless

I remember when I first started dabbling with opiates, like hydrocodone and oxycodone, it actually took me a few uses to feel anything pronounced. Then one day I took 5mg oxycodone and BAM out of nowhere I felt good as fuck. Extreme euphoria. Weird. Maybe it was my body learning how to react with the substance. I mean I had felt the slight buzzes from vicodin before that, but nothing like that time.

But look where I am now and take note of this!! I daily IV heroin user, and I take subs when money runs out. I am a slave to addiction, without a seeming hope in the world. Tread carefully using opiates my friend.

I remember when I first started dabbling with opiates, like hydrocodone and oxycodone, it actually took me a few uses to feel anything pronounced. Then one day I took 5mg oxycodone and BAM out of nowhere I felt good as fuck. Extreme euphoria. Weird. Maybe it was my body learning how to react with the substance. I mean I had felt the slight buzzes from vicodin before that, but nothing like that time.

YEP! thats exactly what im hoping for! just like with weed. im just waiting for it to hit me suddenly out of nowhere, just like weed did back in the day.

What pisses me off the most is that im paying $5 for 1 perc... so i already wasted $45!!! TBH i have no idea how can people afford 300mg of oxy a day... even if they get it cheaper than me...

Wasted your money on drugs, eh? Been there bruuuuther ;)

12 mgs of oxy isn't really that much. Then again I'd probably be able to feel that with a baseline tolerance...who knows? What exactly are you expecting to feel from oxycodone? Maybe you're just not "into" opiates? Has any opiate ever made you satisfied? What drugs do you actually enjoy?

People say opiates are extremely addictive. I think in order for them to be that addictive they have to feel VERY GOOD. I am expecting to feel unusually happy and content, at least thats what my friends and family told me. The only drugs i tried prior to this are weed, alcohol, and adderall/ritalin.

Weed definitely gets me high. Not euphoric per se, but really trippy and slow. My body feels tingly too. So the high is VERY NOTICABLE. The reason I DO NOT find it euphoric is because it makes me extremely paranoid. 70% of the times I will just try to stop the high because weed makes me feel too trippy to even talk to anyone.

Alcohol is actually pretty euphoric for me, maybe cuz i have anxiety. It makes me very relaxed and happy. Happy to feel totally care free and just dance, listen to music, socialize, watch a movie.

Adderall/Ritalin are mostly my study aids. Although i havent taken more than 10mg adderall (sometimes snorted), I think it is pretty euphoric for me. It just makes me feel happy from realizing that im working like a machine and getting so much work done. Also the actual work seems more fun

Regarding opiates I was expecting something between alcohol and adderall. I expected it to make me relaxed and relieve my anxiety like alcohol. But at the same time make me happy and content. not necessarily excited like adderall, but just happy in a chill and relaxed way. Also I DO NOT want to nod. I just want to feel functional and euphoric.

Also it would be great if someone could explain where do people find money for 300mg of oxy a day? Also am I overpaying? (1 perocet 5mg for $5)

Some people are prescribed them, some people are rich, and sorry no pricing discussion, but I wouldnt pay that much.

- Hopeless

Yea im sorry about that. Just kinda pissed that i wasted money and cant get high :/

I recall your plight and I think it just hasn't been your time yet. While oral BA is high, insufflation is more intense albeit shorter lived it may give you insight as to what the high feels like. The first time I did 5mg within ten minutes I was on cloud 9 and this is after many months of oral ROA. And addiction is a strong drive. Regardless of cost people find a way. It is a part of what leads to their downfall as priorities shift.

One more question. Is there a possibility im getting scammed? Ik you dont do pills ID but i looked it up and it does seem to be generic percocet. also when I chew them it does taste like tylenol

^ Probably not, You probably are getting the ones with tylenol in them, hence the flavor. There are fake ones floating around out there, but most people won't bother counterfieting 5's...

- Hopeless Soul

Another question: does oxy help with anxiety and paranoia like alcohol or does it make u paranoid like weed? If it does help with paranoia, will feeling anxious be a sign that its not working?

I never had paranoia from a downer. Anxiety is hit or miss. Some opioids I was anxious on them because I wasn't used to them or if a took a dose that noticeably slowed my breathing but on the other side the high from opioids creates a feeling of wellbeing. I would not use it as a standard of how well it is working.

It can help with anxiety although not prescribed for that. Paranoia, I dont know. Maybe if it relaxes you a bit but overall probably not too much. Depends to on what is causing you to be paranoid.

It can help with anxiety although not prescribed for that. Paranoia, I dont know. Maybe if it relaxes you a bit but overall probably not too much. Depends to on what is causing you to be paranoid.

With weed the feeling of being stoned makes me paranoid. Like when you feel that everything is very slow and you feel kinda dumb and say weird stuff. It never happens with alcohol although it makes me feel dizzy too. I assume oxy is similar to alcohol rather than weed.