• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Still cant get high on oxycodone

I kinda stopped trying oxy anymore.. maybe life is indeed trying to show me something! Im thinking about getting somw kratom instead to experience an opiate high. Im also getting some xanax so i hope i can get high on that lol

As much as i enjoy getting high off opiates and benzo's, i am currently taking buprenorphine patches to stop lower back pain, and i wish i never started on this shit, even though i need it. i forgot to put a patch on for two days and started going through withdrawal and it was hell. quit while you're ahead or in the very least, be careful and moderate your intake

Gee, you might try doing like 4-5 IF you actually want a high. I've never heard of anybody doing 12.5 mg, and getting anything. And the tums could effect absorption. Also, that you did at least get itchy could indicate you're allergic to it. Again, I've never even heard of anyone getting anything off that size dose. Just my opinion, be careful, keep some benedryl on hand for the itch.

Doesn't Benadryl contain diphenhydramine? or is there a certain one that doesn't? Otherwise aren't we back to my wrong post about potentiating for a non tolerant user? I've never got the itch so i've never taken anything for it but i use nytol/ benadryl to potentiate all the time

Keif, have you been tested for a 2D6 or other polymorphism? There is conflicting data but it seems oxycodone (or perhaps other metabolites besides oxymorphone) provide the analgesia on its own unlike Codeine that poor 2D6 metabolizers almost always means lack of response.

You know, I've never had the opportunity to be tested, but it's something that really interests me. I guess I just don't know exactly how to go about it. I thought those 23 and Me kits might be a cool option, but I feel like a lot of Physicians aren't going to give any real creedence to the results, you know?

All I really have is the knowledge of my experiences. I definitely am not up on the science side of things, I just know that compared to Morphones/Morphine, Oxycodone is practically useless to me and the exact cause has always been elusive to me.

Why would you take TUMS with oxy??????
Oxy is a horrible drug ....i am an addict consider yourself blessed that you aren't getting high from it !

Hey guys, I know its an old thread lol but it was fun reading through it and realizing how my thinking changed since last year. I got my hands on some decent Red Bali Kratom powder and been using it for 2 months now (daily for the last month). i usually take 2 heaped teaspoons (7-9g) and i definetely feel the itch, sedation. I also get some euphoria but IMO its VERY subtle. After a few weeks of taking it i could sorta feel it better and 'appreciate' the opiate buzz. I am still interested to giv oxy/hydro another try at some point. Also I get no anxiety or paranoia on kratom because you can't overdose on it. When i tried oxy last year, I felt anxiety every time even without a buzz. I kept thinking if I fall asleep I'll stop breathing lol.

I'm glad you didn't end up liking them too much. We read so much here about people getting addicted this way. I used to be able to take oxy with no problems but the last few times, I got really nauseated. Thanks for the update. :)

I'm glad you didn't end up liking them too much. We read so much here about people getting addicted this way. I used to be able to take oxy with no problems but the last few times, I got really nauseated. Thanks for the update. :)

Haha I really enjoy this forum now and I like the community :) You guys helped me with alot of stuff over the years! Now its time to get off kratom lol (soon)