• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

STFU Cannabis enthusiasts!

But I also have to agree with the other posters. Truthfully, there aren't too many side effects to cannabis consumption. Most of the side effects that you mentioned above are either too minor or rare to be regarded when considering legalization. Also, almost none of them are long term. I would say that the most prominent side effect to cannabis usage is increased laziness. I myself turn into one of those zombies you were talking about (I am also extremely lazy by nature), I frequently binge-smoke, locking myself in my apartment for the weekend, I stop noticing all the trash that piles up around me and sometimes don't even wash (I am by no means a clean freak). Is that good? Probably not, but I don't really see how that can be harmful either.

Sure, munchies can be pretty hard to resist, but if you're overweight, diabetic, or just have digestion problems and go smoking and munching, you cannot blame it on weed, you're just an idiot. You can also eat prior to smoking.

I disagree.

Some of them are minor side effects for sure, but side effects none the less and thus, they belong on the list and Im not even mentioning those with the intention of putting it into the legalization context, just to underline that Cannabis does have some side effects that the people Im talking about seem to be completely oblivious to while emphasising the bad sides of drugs that they are comparing it to, be it "hard drugs" or alcohol/tobacco.
I think that most of them are long term?
The increased risk of paranoia and anxiety might lessen with time as you get to know the effects better but you are still at greater risk than if you didnt smoke. That goes for everything with mind expanding properties.
The effects on dreams and REM are long term too (personal experience)
Worsening of depression is most often seen with chronic use.
Dry mouth and munchies are long term too.
Effects on motivation and memory are long term too and seems to get worse the more you consume and with prolonged use.
Those people who experience bad effects on their sex lives are usually chronic users.
And I doubt that the suppression of the immune system lessens with time but I dont know.

Im with you on your comment on the munchies but what you are saying is not relevant to the discussion of it being a side effect or not.
If you need to eat more and use cannabis to do so, when its obviously not a side effect but a positive one, but lets take my situation as an example.
I could actually benefit from eating some more and sometimes I feel like weed is helping me a little there.
But most of the time, the weed aint making me hungry for the foods that I should be eating but rather sugar.
Sugar is very bad for my ADHD and digestion so I dont have any sweet treats in my home.
Still, the weed sometimes makes me crave it to a degree where I cant stop thinking about it, and in that case its a side effect, even though I havent eaten anything that I shouldnt have.

Subotai

Not one, a lot.
It was one persons comments who triggered me posting this thread but the frustration behind it has been build be many stupid comments from a lot of these people.
Do I sound surprised that there are pros and cons or what? Im saying that I would like some more focus on the negatives too as to get a more realistic image of this plant out to the general public, ´cause the overly positive stories that I often see from stoners trying to reach the general public is not beliaveable enough.
A more nuanced picture would have a far better impact. Most people know that the media twist stories and that can be used to out advantage.
If we only talk about the positives then we will look like stoners trying to justify our addiction.
If we talk about both sides of the story then we will come off as well educated on the subject with a realistic view of this plant and its uses and the possible side effects vs possible positive effects will talk for them self.

Yeah well but if it doesnt become legal then those people will have some of the blame.

They're all just drug ignorant.
It's the same with booze. It's so glorified but nobody actually knows how bad this liquid really is.

And I highly agree with your frustration. I am equally as frustrated.

Dabs are gunna fuck up the whole "weed is harmless" idea. It's no longer harmless as probably most of the weed you find is 20%+ THC. To my knowledge the "weed is harmless idea" came from the studies back in the day when the common strain had like 5-15%? I could be wrong.

My issue is NOT the THC levels. It's the fact our scene is turning into Breaking Bad. Have you read about the constant explosions related to shatter? Too many people trying to make their own, blowing themselves up. Really NOT a good thing for our scene.

I support mmj, but still think full on legalization is too soon. A LOT of mmj people agree. I already got 3 doctors lined up who will write me a script.

On the other side, I don't agree that booze is legal and weed isn't. So in that regard I support legal MJ as I know we will never see booze get banned.

Booze has caused nothing but bad in my life. Countless hospital bills, legal shit and overall bad mental health. Herb doesn't.

Also your ROA has a lot to do with how harmful you think weed is.

Smoking is the worst
Vaping is a lot better
Edibiles are best ROA IMO
Topicals are nice too

What's with this guy? His dealer isn't showing up, or he can't find his stash or something?

Chill out. I know where you are coming from but I have no idea what's with the anger.

you need to take it easy mate :eek:

What's with this guy? His dealer isn't showing up, or he can't find his stash or something?

Chill out. I know where you are coming from but I have no idea what's with the anger.

you need to take it easy mate :eek:

Stuff like this just piss me off, the reasons behind this is mentioned in different posts in this thread, but I guess you didnt read the whole thing.
I do have a very short fuse though or strong reaction to bullshit if you will, I might even go as far as saying that I have anger issues but that doesnt affect my opinion on this subject, only the way it is explained.

And no, I dont need to "take it easy". If stuff piss you off, it pisses you off, simple as that.
If I were angry for no reason then I could understand why you find my reaction wierd but my reasons are very well understood (by myself at least) and explained in this thread.
People are different mate and I do envy you if anger doesnt come as easy to you, ´cause obviously, I dont want to feel angry but ignoring it/botteling it up wont resolve anything, embracing it on the other hand will, at least to some extend.

And some other time you might want to add something useful to your post before hitting the reply botton.
Seriously, you could at least have added your thoughts and/or experiences related to this topic as a side dish to your insults (for the lack of a better word).

We have an angry bill here for sure. Road rager or something. Embrace the anger mate? Sounds like you could use some help. Or a hug. I would give you a hug and light a spliff with you, but then I would probably be walking out of the room in about less than 10 minutes if you started getting nasty. :eek:

I think he's using the word "embrace" to mean "put to constructive use..."

Like... I don't think sour actually enjoys being mad, lol.

Well, Im not dangerous to anyone, never had trouble with the police due to anger related stuff or anything like that and as long as Im not to any danger for others, then that bill wont affect me. Im not from the US anyways btw, and its perfectly legal and acceptable (or at least it should be!) to be angry, its an emotion just like joy and they are both equally important.
Oh I need some help for sure, due to lots and lots of stuff, but embracing my emotions aint one of them.

Anyways, enough with the off topic for now :)

Exactly, or at least to not just sweep unwanted emotions under the doormat. I´ve been there, done that, at thats probably why I have a short fuse to this day.
Feelings goes away when you have felt em long enough and worked through them.
For example, I was a lot less angry after making this thread than I was before I posted it. Its called venting.

Subotai

Not one, a lot.
It was one persons comments who triggered me posting this thread but the frustration behind it has been build be many stupid comments from a lot of these people.
Do I sound surprised that there are pros and cons or what? Im saying that I would like some more focus on the negatives too as to get a more realistic image of this plant out to the general public, ´cause the overly positive stories that I often see from stoners trying to reach the general public is not beliaveable enough.
A more nuanced picture would have a far better impact. Most people know that the media twist stories and that can be used to out advantage.
If we only talk about the positives then we will look like stoners trying to justify our addiction.
If we talk about both sides of the story then we will come off as well educated on the subject with a realistic view of this plant and its uses and the possible side effects vs possible positive effects will talk for them self.

Yeah well but if it doesnt become legal then those people will have some of the blame.

I guess I just dont really care about how other people view cannabis and its consumption.

the negatives are you get lazy, munch out, and procrastinate.

what exactly do you want to go into detail about those things?

tell people about the dangers of eating a whole pizza?

yeah i too just can't stand those guys who think weed is a panacea or something.

i think weed should be legal regardless of it having medical benefits or somthing. it's not like alcohol and cigarettes do. but i know it doesnt happen this way, and my country is going to have dronabinol now it seems so yeah one step closer to legalization i believe.

weed has very faces to it, acts differently on different people and tbh i dont get why people keep making more potent strains... there are already plenty of people who go on about 'yeah i wish i had a bigger tolerance now so i could enjoy weed like i did before'...

Subotai

I think that your question regarding why is explained in the exact same post that you are quoteing and also in some of my other posts in this thread.
If you dont get it from that, then Im sorry, but I dont know how to explain it any better than that.
I dont understand what eating a whole pizza has to do with anything as even "one slice of weed" can cause side effects.

Agree with the op. In my country (france) public forum posters who defends the cannabis "cause" are auto-satisfied fags for the majority, unable to think outside the scope of their lifes/littles habits.

One potentially serious side effect of marijuana is the fact that, like most sedatives, it causes physical and mental impairment. This can, of course, be dangerous in situations that require a large amount of concentration or finesse.

One potentially serious side effect of marijuana is the fact that, like most sedatives, it causes physical and mental impairment. This can, of course, be dangerous in situations that require a large amount of concentration or finesse.

Unlike with alcohol, however, you know how impaired you are. When people are high they generally act more carefully to partially compensate for their impairment. There was a recent study that looked into this but I don't remember the specifics.

Also, I wouldn't call marijuana a sedative. It has both stimulant and depressant properties.

Well I don't think there are Any PERMANENT SIDE-EFFECTS there are Long-Term Effects Arguably Withdrawal Symptoms but Technically Rebound if anything but THC Stores in the Brain Fats Parts that make you Dream so when you Never or barley Smoke and then Suddenly do it will cause Dreams or if you Smoke All the time Everyday you will Dream a lot Less but when you ABRUPTLY COMPLETELY STOP SMOKING CANNABIS DESPITE IT INCREASING MELATONIN LEVELS WHEN SMOKED as the THC in that R.E.M. Sleep Controlling Part of your Brain is Rapidly Eliminated from THAT PART OF YOUR BODY and you CAN and WILL Experience More Frequent MORE INTENSE And MORE VIVID R.E.M. Sleep.

I find cannabis to be the most benign psychoactive substance I have ever taken.
It's also great that people are finally voicing their opinion about legalisation without fear of being ostracised or persecuted - and we are seeing a trend towards liberalisation of laws, acknowledgement of the medicinal value of cannabis, and even legalisation in a couple of US states.
When I started smoking weed 17 years ago, this was almost unthinkable.
I don't think pot advocates should STFU. On the contrary!

I see where the OP is coming from - but look at it this way; when you get involved in anything - political campaigning, working in your chosen field of study/career/whatever - there will always be personalities you clash with - there may very well be people on "your side" of things who you feel embarrassed to be associated with or represented by.

When you get involved in anything (especially things with a political angle) differences of opinion/tactics/arguments for or against something - will vary.
The key to not letting it get you down - or distract your attention from the big picture - is to realise that your approach may vary - your opinions may vary - but like it or not, you are both trying to achieve the same outcome.

You are in favour of drug (specifically cannabis) law reform, right?
If you're getting bullshit misinformation from people - you could direct them to something more reputable.
Or you could not listen to them...there's plenty of other things to do online - and if we're talking about the mainstream media - of course they want to give airtime to stereotypical, ignorant-sounding pot-advocates. They probably run advertisements for liquor and tobacco corporations!

Don't let fools get you down - just try to set the example you want to see.
Show the world that being a "cannabis enthusiast" does not mean you are irresponsible or unable to think for yourself. At the same time though, it is good to show solidarity to other pro-pot folks, even if you think some of those heads' heads are in the clouds ;)